ADVERTISEMENT

Any upset predictions for first round games?

20-7, I'll correct you it's fine. Also, Mt Airys offense drove down the field and scored ONE time on Tarboro, the other 2 scores were from inside the 20 yard line off blocked punts so lets not go there bud. Mt Airy was/is a great football team and I'm not going to argue that, but they did not dominate Tarboros defense like I saw folks say they did. I see you're still riding high off of last years championship, I love the energy.
I agree they did not dominate tarboro's defense. If it hadn't been for very poor special teams on kickoff and punting it would have been a closer game. Although it looks like Mount Airy was very conservative once they got a big lead well once they went up 14 points. What they did do which was surprising to me was with tarboro up front. They dominated them. There's probably 10 plays where tarboro had to push or rather had a push. They were bigger but they definitely weren't stronger. I was surprised at that. Now I know that one kid was out and he was the best player they had probably.

I’d bet you anything I have that West Columbus #2 seed in the east would beat 4 out of the top 6 teams in the west. Tarboro does not have a cakewalk.
Tarboro has beaten the West teams how many times over the years for state titles? MA won and may again, but they do not compare to the history and titles TB has claimed all these years. Funny how people gain a few seasons of high level success and they are suddenly world beaters. When the facts are they have a long ways to go to claim dominance over a team like Tarboro who has filled a trophy case slam full beating Western teams all these years.

Tarboro has beaten the West teams how many times over the years for state titles? MA won and may again, but they do not compare to the history and titles TB has claimed all these years. Funny how people gain a few seasons of high level success and they are suddenly world beaters. When the facts are they have a long ways to go to claim dominance over a team like Tarboro who has filled a trophy case slam full beating Western teams all these years.
I think that's probably the biggest problem we have on these boards isn't it we can discuss who was the best team back then. Or whatever. But most of these coaches and players only give a piss about right now. Talking about this year. We were good the last 5 years. We're not this year. Although we did smackdown West Stokes which I love. I hate seeing that fat boy be successful over there. But I saw robbinsville and Mount Airy and Starmount. I saw a few others too but those are the best three teams I saw. Mount Airy is far and away better team. I actually think that star mount and robbinsville are pretty close. As far as out east goes it's the same knock it's always been. They look great getting off the bus. But when it comes to big games or when you smash them in the face they don't play. They get in fights, they're bad on special teams, and they're undisciplined, fortunately for tarboro they have a guy who gets it. A great football coach who has lead young men to not only be great football players but be great people. I think it's fantastic. He has done so much for those kids over the last 20 25 years and has done so much for that town. A lot of those guys are upstanding citizens and aren't perpetuating bad lives because of Coach craddock and his staff. More power to them. That's what it's about. They're tough as hell. And they're good as hell people..

I kind of don't agree with you on that. Now if it had been the work of good plays then I would. The only good play was the touchdown pass to Purdue. But that was a busted coverage of looked like from the reaction of the corner and safety. When you get touchdowns called back for holding, that really aren't holding two of them to be exact then I don't really consider it to be giving them fits. If I'm not mistaken what they did well was keep the ball from Mount Airy. Mount Airy scored every time they had the ball except for one possession we're a long touchdown was called back for a hold and then another one. But they are the best team that the bears have played so far. That I've seen
Like I’ve said before, if not for holding those TDs that got called back would not have happened. Dang tell you players not to hold.

I guess everyone forgot that Edenton made deep runs every year, Northampton was in the mix 2-3 years in the 3rd-4th rd. I know Edenton could’ve beat MA in 2017 and Northampton and Pender could’ve beat Mitchell in 2021. Everyone acts like the east has slouch teams.
weren't they 2 a then? or were they 1a? Northampton and Pender are not beating mitchell that year. Mitchell was the same team as tarboro, run it right at you. There problem was Tarboro was alot better. What did Tarboro do to those teams? whipped that ass didn't they. 2017 mount airy maybe. That mitchell team was good.

weren't they 2 a then? or were they 1a? Northampton and Pender are not beating mitchell that year. Mitchell was the same team as tarboro, run it right at you. There problem was Tarboro was alot better. What did Tarboro do to those teams? whipped that ass didn't they. 2017 mount airy maybe. That mitchell team was good.
Edenton was 1a from 2017 through spring 2021. Those teams get a bad rap because of how much Tarboro beat them by. But they were very good teams. That game against pender was actually a very good game. It was a tied ball game til Tarboro scored a safety late in the 4th and then sealed it with a touchdown. I think they could have given Mitchell quite the game.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
Yeah I would never base it off maxpreps, because West Columbus out of the east should easily be a top 5 team in all of 1A. I just asked a general question, had nothing to do with the way anyone was seeded in the playoffs.
Come on man. I agree with most of what you say be WC isn't in many top tens and they played nobody

Tarboro move to 1A in 2017?

2017 Tarboro 32 Mount Airy 7
2018 Tarboro 50 East Surry 10
2019 East Surry 56 Tarboro 28
20-21 Tarboro 25 East Surry 7
2021 Tarboro 28 Mitchell 7
2022 Mount Airy 20 Tarboro 7

As far as upsets if I counted correctly I saw 3 lower seed teams in the East beat a higher seed team. Unless I missed one the only higher seed team I saw get beat in the West was Draughn.
Draughn loss does not surprise me. They had a huge OL last year that made a big difference for the QB and RB to be effective. Now we are seeing the Charters start to win in football now with those 25 mile radius rosters.

Draughn loss does not surprise me. They had a huge OL last year that made a big difference for the QB and RB to be effective. Now we are seeing the Charters start to win in football now with those 25 mile radius rosters.
Right I wasn't terribly surprised ether I figured it could go ether way but I just meant as far as lower seeds beating higher seeds. I think we'll see more higher seeds lose next week especially some that only got a higher seed because they won their conference or at least the 1A part of a 1A/2A conference. But then again some of them surprised me tonight with the margins of their wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT