ADVERTISEMENT

Andrews vs Reidsville

Reidsville beat Dillard a 30-somethiing to 6 when they met in back in September. Dillard is Bartlett Yancey feeder school .
This was 2nd straight season Reidsville lost in playoff final.
It was 36-8 to start the season. Someone told me that Dillard had been getting better each week and Reidsville unfortunately was having the opposite trajectory.

Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
Losing 8-0, especially in such a narrow fashion, highlights some concerning trends. The fact that Dillard's only score came from a blocked punt due to the punter's misalignment suggests that there may be issues with communication and preparation on the team. Proper setup and alignment are fundamental in football, especially in high-pressure situations like a championship game. The missed opportunity to score after fumbling through the end zone illustrates a lack of execution during crucial moments. This has happened two years in a row, raising questions about the coaching strategies and player development. Are the players receiving enough support and training to handle these high-stress situations?
Reggie and staff may be the best middle school staff in the state. Not sure if the new high school HC is as involved as his dad was, but I highly doubt coaching is the issue. If anything I would probably blame the dismantling of the Reidsville rec football program. The Tiger's and Bulldogs use a lot of outside kids to field a winning youth program, and all that does is steal reps from Reidsville kids.

Reggie and staff may be the best middle school staff in the state. Not sure if the new high school HC is as involved as his dad was, but I highly doubt coaching is the issue. If anything I would probably blame the dismantling of the Reidsville rec football program. The Tiger's and Bulldogs use a lot of outside kids to field a winning youth program, and all that does is steal reps from Reidsville kids.
Maybe instead of blaming these outside kids, perhaps they should look at how the high school program can adapt and integrate those lessons to create a stronger pipeline for local talent.

Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
Maybe instead of blaming these outside kids, perhaps they should look at how the high school program can adapt and integrate those lessons to create a stronger pipeline for local talent.
"A stronger pipeline for local talent"... Please explain... And what lessons should the high school program adopt from a youth football program?

Losing 8-0, especially in such a narrow fashion, highlights some concerning trends. The fact that Dillard's only score came from a blocked punt due to the punter's misalignment suggests that there may be issues with communication and preparation on the team. Proper setup and alignment are fundamental in football, especially in high-pressure situations like a championship game. The missed opportunity to score after fumbling through the end zone illustrates a lack of execution during crucial moments. This has happened two years in a row, raising questions about the coaching strategies and player development. Are the players receiving enough support and training to handle these high-stress situations?
I can assure you coaching and prep is the same as it has been for 20+ years. From preseason until yesterday, the coaching staff dedicated their time and knowledge to every kid equally. 1s 2s and 3s get attention to hone their skills.
Reidsville has seen a stream of talent over the last 20 plus years that is unreal. It might be a lull coming Maybe the competition is getting better. Maybe the overall skill level across the board is changing. The one thing I can guarantee is Coach Chestnut and his staff are not the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT