ADVERTISEMENT

Andrews @ Mitchell

wncbowhunter

Dec 21, 2002
Not trying to be disrespectful but I know nothing about Andrews, what can Mitchell expect?

Pretty big up front, but not the same type of big that I hear Mitchell is. Mobile QB is small but quick and a big play threat running the ball. Running back isn't as elusive but runs hard and has topped 100 yards both games. Throw the ball 10-15 times a game, but have only been completing 40% or so. They've beaten a pair of 2A schools so far, but neither program is very strong at the moment...Mitchell should be a big step up in competition for them.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the drive wncbowhunter. ObserveAndReport hit everything correctly. We hope to be competitive this year and we have yet to play a complete game without some mistakes. We started out fast against Brevard and went through the 1st game mistakes and miscues for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Tellico Plains Tenn also was a 2A school and we started off slow but our defense kept us in it. We played a good second half of offense though. We know Mitchell is a big step up from our previous 2 games but we hope this will get us ready for the tough SMC schedule.

Mitchell is a beautiful stadium... Mitchell will be a big test. Very good team and they will mash u up front . Heck their tight end was like 250 lol

I have heard that Mitchell is the real deal up front. Big test for Andrews. Andrews shows a little promise. Quick and speedy with a decent defense so far. I look for Andrews to keep it close for a while but fade In the end trying to keep up with Mitchell qb and line.

Thanks BravesGWY. Mitchell is big up front. At times last week against Cherokee I didn't think Mitchell tackled very well. But looking back I think it had more to do with the rb and qb from Cherokee.

The future is bright for the Braves. Mitchell's offense is well balanced this year. They are averaging 430 yards through two games. One advantage I fell Mitchell has is a good stable of backs. They can run 4 or 5 different guys and lose very little. All the backs run hard. They also have a big play receiver in #30 but they also have several other guys who can make plays in the passing game as well. The sophomore qb has stepped up his play this year.

Hope for safe travel for all. If you are coming in on Hwy 19, be prepared for possible delays due to road construction in Burnsville.

Hoping for another good weather night.

The mountaineers are big tough and quick. Up front, they are smothering. Don't be surprised tho if Andrews give them a scare the SMC is always tough for Mitchell.

Should be a very good game. If Andrews doesn't let Mitchell jump out to an early big lead as the Braves did, they could make it interesting. I think in the end, Mitchell is just too big, fast and strong to lose this game.

The mountaineers are big tough and quick. Up front, they are smothering. Don't be surprised tho if Andrews give them a scare the SMC is always tough for Mitchell.
We have some size on line but have tried to run a lot of different players in to keep them fresh. This week I feel like we need to keep our big boys in both ways and tell them they will have to suck it up.

By the way, can someone tell me which way is best to get to Mitchell. Should I go up toward Mars Hill and go to Burnsville or go to Old Fort and go up that way ?

Goodluck to the Wildcats this week , great start to the season .[/QUOTE Thanks, we are proud of this group. For us it was raising the level of competition by playing 2A Brevard and 2A Tellico Plains Tenn. Now its Mitchell then at home against a very good Union County Ga which are a big 2A school that dresses out at least 50 players probably more. Things have changed but this is part of the group that had so many good years in the youth league and winning 3 Championships. We just don't have the depth in High School to compliment our seniors that were a big part of those teams. Again, we just want to be competitive in every game and get into the playoffs

Reactions: smcdogfan
I hope this year is not last. Way to many injuries. I have already heard of a few only 2 games in.

We have had alot also. #22 out for season, #44 missed week 2, not sure about week 3. #10 missed half of week 2. #81, #21 still playing but not healthy. hope everyone is ready to go in two week when we play the Gap.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
i hate to hear that BK. i hate to hear about any kid. last year i seen more injuries than ever before, and most of them were key players..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT