ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle vs. Union Pines

NM, I think, if Albemarle finds some offense could be winnable. Albemarle's QB needs to take the snap directly from center instead of the shotgun formation. Ditto for Chatham Central.

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogsFollower
If you had told me 12 months ago that in 2017 AHS would play a 3A school - any 3A school - to within three TDs, I'd have said no way.

Got to crawl before you can walk. The rebuild is on schedule. Chins up guys and keep working hard. This team has a few more wins coming this year.

These kids aren't professional athletes...it is what it is. Some kids are advanced at the 9th and 10th grade level unfortunately for us they "aren't" and that's "O.K.". Someone stated that Albemarle's OL wasn't good...well hell if you go back to my previous post or even check the roster, you'd see there are 3 sophomores on a 5 man line aka a JV line....that comment was pathetic. And for them to move the ball on a 3A team is pretty damn impressive..

Our QB is a freaking sophomore, our RB is a sophomore and we probably had a freshman running last night if our main guy was out hurt...and the whole darn defense is sophomores...the heck do you fans wanna see?

I'm glad that defense showed what they were capable of. We need to cut down on the mental mistakes and that comes with reps... Davis is trying to install "His" offense and he's only had 2 months or so to do it. If you guys go back and "Read" the SNAP you'd know what I'm talking about when they interviewed him....

If UP is on the schedule next year, they might not score a point in Albemarle returning the favor...bet that...

They're right there, they know it we know it and our opponents know it. Everybody's looking for the 2001-2004 team or the 1996 team or the 2008-2010 team, and these young men are just not those guys...can they be comparable, yes one day hopefully, but right now it's just not going to happen.

On to Chatham...

They're right there, they know it we know it and our opponents know it. Everybody's looking for the 2001-2004 team or the 1996 team or the 2008-2010 team, and these young men are just not those guys...can they be comparable, yes one day hopefully, but right now it's just not going to happen.

On to Chatham...

I agree but considering they are so young and have some of the pieces coming up they do. I would say the future is extremely bright. For this year just fix the easy simple mistakes and I think they will be in a position to win most games.

Reactions: sway1532
I think the kids are doing a great job and have come a long way in one year..The defense is playing great and nobody is blowing us out..I think a blind man can see why we aren't winning...The offense can't sustain a drive due to fumbles and penalties...Therefor we don't score and it keeps our defense on the field much too much.. If the offense can clean up their act, watch out folks....

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I said the O Line wasn't good and the reason I said it was because it wasn't.....I didn't qualify my statement with "they're freshman and sophomore's", based my opinion off of what they showed us all during the game. Freshman and Sophmores play varsity football all across the country, it is what it is.

And also, you can't claim that and then another supporter says the Thursday night Bulldogs is the varsity team you'll see in two years. I don't know which it is but it can't be both ways.

Albemarle had athletes no question about that but they scored 0 points against what I've called the worst defense I've ever seen. Just last week Randleman could have put up 60 before half and 100 for the game, thank goodness they were good sports.

Albemarle will be back, I have no doubt about it but not because of what was seen on the field last night...

And I agree with whomever said earlier about the QB switch, I wouldn't wait much longer IF there is anyone else that might could do the job. The kid last night had zero accuracy because if he did Albemarle wins! #4 was wide open four consecutive plays in the 3rd quarter and all would have gone for TD's but the passes were not even remotely close.

Again, the Bulldogs will be back and pretty soon.

Albemarle has come upon hard times the last 6 yrs...6 different head coaches and talk of closing the school hurt the program badly, but I think we will be back...

We definitely want Albemarle to block so that the Quarterback and Running Backs have time to do what They need to do. We are talking a good Team in a couple years and to make that happen They can't keep making Fumbles

S. Johnston is a tossup, Forget about Lee County or Triton. S. Lee is a tossup. W. Harnett and Harnett Central is winnable. Meanwhile back in the Yadkin Valley ...

Back here in the Yadkin Valley all three of the top Teams have lost a game. Hopefully it makes Them all play like West Montgomery played in the second half against West Stanly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT