ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle looking for new coach

I'm also hearing that the principal is going to try and get the county to make an exception to the rule that a hc cannot be the ad...If he gets this done I think Jackson will get the job....

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
If he can be AD I think he takes it because it will give him the income.

I am not sure but I think this may require school board approval. It will have to be available to all schools going forward.

Not sure if that will happen. They denied West Stanly from doing it this past yr and they had to hire a non staff AD . He is the park and rec supervisor for the city of Oakboro.

If they did that with West Stanly I do not expect the BOE to make a change directly opposite of what was done with West.

I am not a supporter of the HFC being the AD, also. I have found in the past that HFC/AD's are great for football but not so much for the athletic program overall. There are exceptions to this obviously. Personally I think the HFC should be Director of Football and handle all football related items. The AD should handle all other sports.

Reactions: mbdfan
They may offer him the HFC job but I doubt he takes that alone. The AD position appears to be the kicker to bring the income up to what he is looking for.
To Me it just makes sense to pay One Person for Two Jobs instead having to provide benefits to two different People

Again the reason why I left Stanly County. They thought process there is just ridiculous. Who do they wanna pay in Stanly County anyway? The best company to work for in Stanly County is Preformed Lines...I just heard that Clayton Homes will finally increase pay...but hell it took 25 years to do so... pathetic I tell ya...pathetic.

To Me it just makes sense to pay One Person for Two Jobs instead having to provide benefits to two different People

The AD and HFC are both employed at the school with the extracurricular job being an addition. There would be no additional benefits paid.

In SC the HFC is often the AD but the assistant AD has a schedule that allows him to be very involved. They normally also have an athletic dept secretary. Richmond County AD was the equivalent of an assistant principal and oversaw all sports plus band.

Is there a rule that says we can only hire coaches with previous experience at North Stanly? :)

I get that there are benefits to hiring a coach with local ties, but I'd like to see the school look outside the county for a change. The last time AHS tried that approach it hired Gaster and that worked out pretty well.

Same person said last night the AD should be a rotating position among coaches that wanted extra money. Just Wow!

It will come down to money. If they can finagle a way to get him more than just what a HC in Stanly makes.

Albemarle is by far the better job.

And Jackson would be a terrible hire. You guys can do much better. There are some really good applicants for the job.

The people that run the school system don't want a good hire, Griddle. Or else they would have hired Russell Stone..Sad but true.......

Last edited:
If the AD is a 12 month job and the HFC is a 10 month job, that would be a big difference in pay. Might be why Coach Jackson would want the AD position, IMO.

If the AD is a 12 month job and the HFC is a 10 month job, that would be a big difference in pay. Might be why Coach Jackson would want the AD position, IMO.

Obviously. Well known. He applied and interviewed for the West Stanly job. West and the school admin told Jackson the stipend pay had to remain the same for all coaches in the county and that the AD position was not available to the HFC. This was the game changer for AHS and Jackson.

Albemarle is by far the better job.

And Jackson would be a terrible hire. You guys can do much better. There are some really good applicants for the job.

Who are the good applicants? Would like to see the list.

I think I would take the Anson job with them dropping to 2A. They will have a tough non conference schedule but I think they can compete much better in the 2A conference. One high school county. I do believe Anson will get some growth on the western side of the county and when (probably six years) it will really pick up with the Monroe by pass.

Quote from a former NC school administrator and DPI manager. Two school systems education professionals look to avoid, Burke County and Stanly County. Congratulations.

Reactions: ThrowItAround
Short window, good Lord dude, how many titles have they won. They play small 1A, and the 1A field is shrinking this year. There is talent there. They just need a guy to rally the troops, get the kids back out, instill the discipline, and that can coach, and the rest will take care of itself.

And I know of several good coaches that have applied. One even helped with some state titles at 4AA Mallard Creek and coached DJ Humphries. So there are some very good coaches applying for a reason

Ralph never came close to beating West Montgomery or Albemarle, but We need a Coach that can get a Community together and I believe Jackson may be the Man

Now , Who is this Scott Crisco Coach that has the Comets on a two game winning streak against Albemarle. You have to admit that Albemarle needs Someone that can rally the Players against Their rivals

The Mallard Creek coach ended up being an assistant in Rowan. He only applied at Albemarle because of what happened in CMS and then Cabarrus. Many local counties including Stanly wouldn't touch him.
The apparent dysfunction of Stanly has made coaching, especially at Albemarle less than appealing. Now that Poole is in who knows what will happen to coaches stipends much less teaching stipends.
Jackson may be able to pull some of those kids back from North... just wonder if he can do anything with them. His two winning seasons he had a D1 rb to rely on. Hasn't done much any other year. Granted he was in a tough 3a conference in Anson. I guess he wants to come back to Stanly County, but Anson seems to be the more stable and lucrative position.

Still wondering who made the decision to get rid of Mason and Kimery. Saw where Danny Akins took the head job at West Montgpmery.

doesnt matter who albemarle hires, they like the previous coaches will only be on a 1 year contract. if u dont get the job this year, apply again next year lol

The Mallard Creek coach is as stand up a man as you will ever find. Of that is true it's really sad because he was treated very unfairly and did nothing wrong. He would do an outstanding job at Albemarle. If you met him your mind would be changed about him instantly.

The Mallard Creek coach is as stand up a man as you will ever find. Of that is true it's really sad because he was treated very unfairly and did nothing wrong. He would do an outstanding job at Albemarle. If you met him your mind would be changed about him instantly.

If you look back in this thread you will see, although not by name, I mentioned him. I agree he would do an excellent job. This hire and consolidation of positions appears to have been on path before the terminations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT