ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ Concord

i played with tommy, and graduated in 04 year before the championship. if both ur sons won a title im trying to think of who else had brothers on those title teams?

Years ago when Albemarle had some of their better teams they tried to schedule Concord for a home and away series but Concord refused saying they had nothing to gain by beating Albemarle and everything to lose if they lost to them. I wonder what changed?

Reactions: sway1532
Have no problem with AHS scheduling tough games. Obviously, nobody wants the kids to get hurt or have their confidence crushed, but playing a few teams above their classification and talent level will be good for them in the long run. Love the Bulldogs, but selfishly, as a fan, would rather see how the program stacks up against a 3A power than watch the team drill some struggling 1A program 77-0 (not that that would happen this season, but it has happened plenty of times in the recent past).

The key for the team on Friday is to have fun and keep the result in perspective. Will be very interested to see how they do in conference this year, as that will be the true test for whether the program is losing its competitive edge.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Years ago when Albemarle had some of their better teams they tried to schedule Concord for a home and away series but Concord refused saying they had nothing to gain by beating Albemarle and everything to lose if they lost to them. I wonder what changed?

Different head coach at Concord now. I told Coach Padgett about the issues in Albemarle last February and he responded, "I hope they have a team, I had problems getting a game as it was." I am sure he would have had an issue filling the slot that late. They have a nine game conference schedule plus Albemarle and K-Town if I am not mistaken.

radiofreecabarrus will be covering the game, just google it and the website is self explanatory ,but real fans go see their teams get slaughtered in person like buddy rich is going to, whats ur. excuse this week sway?

I wish I could make this game...I'll be working most Fridays this season but I'll try to listen on the radio. I will be able to make the NS and WM games though. Best of luck to both sides this week, but I don't see Albemarle making much of a game of this one. I just hope everybody comes out of it healthy and ready to get into the important stretch.

We can't catch a break!

UPDATE:

We will have a whole new backfield for the next 2 weeks at least, that includes the West Stanly game. Also well be down two more players. That's 4 by my count....

I know AJ was in shorts yesterday. Isaiah is out. Who else sway. What in the H is going on?????

Well we will look like a "MASH" unit tomorrow night. Might as well put a Red Cross insignia on top of the bus. Guess members of the NCC will have to suit up tomorrow night. lol

Last edited:
Got it. Thanks. Sent you a reply. Remember the song by Patsy Cline. Crazy. Think that applies here.

Injuries happen. I guess Albemarle can ask Concord where to "store their crutches" until this one is over. (I hope none of these are from guys seeing the opponent and reading the boards". Believe me...they are ALL healthy when you play CC or SD. Let them see a WM or better....and "coach, I need to see the trainer...my privates are hurting and I can't run". (flashbacks) Good luck without your studs. This doesn't look promising.

Injuries happen. I guess Albemarle can ask Concord where to "store their crutches" until this one is over. (I hope none of these are from guys seeing the opponent and reading the boards". Believe me...they are ALL healthy when you play CC or SD. Let them see a WM or better....and "coach, I need to see the trainer...my privates are hurting and I can't run". (flashbacks) Good luck without your studs. This doesn't look promising.

Absolutely! They are ALL healthy when it comes to playing the "weak sisters of the poor" but most of them are suffering from "Spider Bites" this week!! Ugly doesn't begin to describe this beat down!

I heard there was a some "extra-curricular" activities that took place after practice yesterday. These kids are (at some point) going to have to take some ownership on what does and doesn't happen.

Reactions: atucker2
I heard there was a some "extra-curricular" activities that took place after practice yesterday. These kids are (at some point) going to have to take some ownership on what does and doesn't happen.

This is the best post I have seen in some time. I totally agree!

Reactions: Sleehrat84
radiofreecabarrus will be covering the game, just google it and the website is self explanatory ,but real fans go see their teams get slaughtered in person like buddy rich is going to, whats ur. excuse this week sway?

1. Thanks for the info

2. Don't focus on my loyalty.

I hope none of the Bulldogs get hurt in the game against Concord. I'm glad that the Buddy Rich's of the world will stick with the Dogs through thick and thin.

I hope some of the hardworking players that might not play much get some quality time on defense. In games that look bad on paper, I think in games where a team is quite the underdog, players can learn more on defense than on offense. Right now, I don't believe Albemarle will learn a whole lot about running their offense against a good defensive team like Concord.

I wouldn't get discouraged right now, although that West Stanly game might become more interesting than it did 2 weeks ago. I'm sure Coach Smith will right the ship and get his team back on the tracks once they are in the conference schedule.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Will still be there Friday night supporting the Bulldogs. Would love to see is at a 100% with an open playbook at some point. Right now just about us getting better everyday. Still a lot to improve on before we hit conference play and especially WM who we know will bring it. Good luck to WM Friday night!!!!

You've got a good coach, it's just a matter of shoring up the overall numbers and developing the talent. The talk about Albemarle falling off the map is nothing more than wishful thinking by the Bulldog detractors. Right now, that West Stanly game could be a tossup, but let's get the Concord game behind and we should see what we have for Week #3.

How many players got suspended for fighting and how many games will they sit out?

Unless I can find a ride tomorrow guess I wan't make the game. I don't drive out of town at night anymore. Headlight glare is more than I can handle. I always have two guys I can ride with , but one is not going and the other is going to the WS/WM game. So if anybody has a couple of extra seats me and my buddy Carl need a ride. Thanks

If I am the coach at AHS and I have two starters who decide to put the entire team/city/county/ and state aside to fight over something stupid, I personally would not let them back on the team for being a selfish athlete. If I had to let them back it would be an extra 2 game suspension. They would not play the rest of the year unless they were all we had left, at the bottom of the barrell. We have to set standards for athletes at AHS. I am sure that somewhere in TA MCclendons tenure at AHS, that he wanted to beat someones head in, but he thought better of a lot of situations. It sounds like Bennett and Emory have no respect for what AHS stands for, or better yet for the work their team has put in. They are completely talented but extremely selfish people. I hope they both enjoy watching AHS win games. If Coach Smith is the real deal, then he doesn't let them back. We win what we can without a bunch of selfish thugs.

Those kids should seek forgiveness from their teammates. If they apologize, support their teammates, and seek redemption for their acts, I'd eventually let them on the team, but might extend the suspension for more than 2 games. If they can't apologize for their selfish actions, then I totally agree with spiketomandjerry4 with his thoughts and let them sit in the stands for the rest of the season.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
They are high school kids. Suspend them a one or two games but do not kick them off the team. I would make them do everything together. Ride the bus beside each other, lift together, punishment runs together, punishment locker room cleaning together. Punish them but make it a learning opportunity for everyone.

I know one of the kids pretty well and he is a good kid. To my knowledge I believe this is the first time he has done something like this. I agree it was selfish and bullheaded and should be
Punished but I think coach smith handled this properly. The two boys by the end of the night made a mends with the altercation and it's done.

Good luck to the bulldogs Friday night. Will be there cheering them on I know they will fight like heck even with all the adversity. Can't wait to see the bulldogs at full strength this season with the playbook open so we can see what they have.

It has been broadcast all over about the situation at practice........ For all of my Albemarle friends.... thanks for the support. I wish you well and so does the crew here. We are pulling for you guys to get it back. the NCC is legendary. Come down to the valley.... see the fog hang over the field...... ya'll are always welcome. And those kids should watch from the stands....... No way they should ever play for AHS...... Don't lower your standards for a season. Last year should have taught you guys.

After reading all the comments and giving it some thought I agree with btango. These kids should be punished and I think a 2 game suspension is fair. Then have them apologize to the team and lets everybody move forward. Lets just hope they have learned a lesson from all this. Just remember these are kids and they make mistakes like all of us do.

From the conversation I had last night, Coach Smith needs to get involved with the middle school coach and the youth league and build a relationship. Even if it's just for 1 season. Him and his staff needs to get involved.

I've spoken to coaches at WM, on how involved they were with the youth league and middle school. You can see how that has worked out.

Gaster done it.

At the Game last Friday I heard a few Young Men in the stands yelling to a Player to get Them to put so and so in to play a certain Position. The Player was yelling back that He had told the Coaching Staff that. Respecting the Coaching Staff is important also and letting Them make the Call is Important

Reactions: sway1532
At the Game last Friday I heard a few Young Men in the stands yelling to a Player to get Them to put so and so in to play a certain Position. The Player was yelling back that He had told the Coaching Staff that. Respecting the Coaching Staff is important also and letting Them make the Call is Important

I'll be very blunt here....they need to gut this team. Period. After that, they need to get involved with the youth and middle. and in two or three years, they will have something to work with.

I think I know the player you are talking about who was doing that. And that's the same player who will most likely get a lot of reps tonight. Sometimes these kids think they are Adrian Peterson and are really the waterboy if you get my drift.

In regards to the two that got in trouble. If you knew the situation around one of the kids I think you would be alittle more understanding. He is honestly a pretty good kid just lost his mind for a bit. He needs to get refocused on what he wants to accomplish.

The middle school coach seems pretty excited about what he has and wish him well this season.

As far as coach smith. He will have players test him being new. Stay strong and firm and set the standard early and it will pay off for him.

For the season we need to weather this for the next couple of weeks get right, most importantly get healthy for the main stretch of the season. We will be ok moving forward just need to get through tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT