ADVERTISEMENT

After almost 3 years is gonna happen Friday !!

SWO-#1

Aug 28, 2002
SWO @ Richlands ..... The most followed Onslow County game there is. How many years has it been since the Cats beat us ... 1989 3-0. If I sypher right is will be 33 yrs. I know a lot of Stallion followers had concerns about this year with all the shape of the team before the season. But our performance against big ole Jville has eased the doubt a bunch. Both come in at 0-1. Richlands lost last Friday 30-10. SWO dropped their game 14-0 against a lot better opponent I believe.

After a 2 year No=Game due to covid issues looks like it gonna happen this time. This epic beat down will signal the ship is upright once again.

Ya'll are on your own this week as I will be attending the first game of the year to check out the local Buffalo Bison on their home field. I fullly expect to return Friday night to discover the Orange streak across the Blue of Richlands has continued.

GO STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONS

I can see the streak ending this week. At the end of the day it will come down to who wants it.
My prediction .... Other than the start of the game I dont see Richlands staying within 14 of the Stallions. The Orange Blossum Special .... rolling away

Reactions: UNC_91
My prediction .... Other than the start of the game I dont see Richlands staying within 14 of the Stallions. The Orange Blossum Special .... rolling away
I don’t see Southwest scoring 14. They couldn’t put a point against a very young and inexperienced Jacksonville team. Richlands lost to a well coach South Brunswick team. Scoring is going to be a problem for Southwest this season.

• Haha
I understand that, A lot has changed since the last time these teams played. Yeah never in 30+ year SW went 2 & something.
Last year is gone, just like the glory years 1999-2004 and 2012. Different Off scheme and pretty good looking Def so far.

Absolutely no way the Stallions can pull this off after a Mass exit of players and talent!!!! There is nothing left but the rags. The coaches are terrible! No size, no speed, soft practices! Or could it possibly be that the 3 or 4 nay sayers and those disgruntled ones were wrong? Friday night will tell the story. On the field! Crow will be on the grill and it will come with some hot grits for those non believers!

Absolutely no way the Stallions can pull this off after a Mass exit of players and talent!!!! There is nothing left but the rags. The coaches are terrible! No size, no speed, soft practices! Or could it possibly be that the 3 or 4 nay sayers and those disgruntled ones were wrong? Friday night will tell the story. On the field! Crow will be on the grill and it will come with some hot grits for those non believers!
That mass of players and talent got us where last year. Coaching might have been an issue. New players, new coaches, different positions for remaining coaches, including the HMFIC. Old saying, If you do the same thing today as yesterday you will probably get the same results. So a lot has changed across the board, Cant get anything but better.

What I saw Friday night was a good step in the right direction. Seems Burney has taught these DBs some things and came up with some big time INTs. Offense finally going back to SWO identity and T formation. SWO defense looked good. What is your prediction for this Friday night vs Richlands?

That mass of players and talent got us where last year. Coaching might have been an issue. New players, new coaches, different positions for remaining coaches, including the HMFIC. Old saying, If you do the same thing today as yesterday you will probably get the same results. So a lot has changed across the board, Cant get anything but better.

Exactly right brother, can't get anything but better. Showed a lot vs a stacked jville team last Friday imo

SWO-#1. Are you posting wk 2 thread
I will start the thread right now. However I wont be doing ther play by play this week as I will attend the local teams home opener (1st game). I want to check them out for this year. Its always better to see one in person than listen to broadcast or stream.

Reactions: UNC_91 and dogs79
With our win streak there was along the way some great games. Best ones were:

The Great Halloween Massacre
The Terrible towl
Championship T shirt

And a few times they came close but no Bannana. Their only one upson on us was in 2001. Richlands beat East Duplin, We beat Richlands, and East Duplin beat us last game of the season forcing a 3 way tie in the ECC. We drew straws for the two playoff spots. Richlands pulled the long one and got #1, East Duplin snagged #2 and we got short changed with #3 missing the playoffs.

Darkhorse 34, Ronald Reagan was president and there still was the Soviet Union. It's been some years.
I was born in 88 so it’s just funny to me the entire time I been on this Earth Richlands hasn’t beaten SWO lol. I thought I school not beating someone for 10 years was bad this is crazy. I’ll be following this one

I have been to Richlands but not heard much about their football program . SWO rolls

No what you should’ve said no way Sw wins more than 2 games. Who do you think y’all will beat with a skeleton team? I am wait, ED nope, WRH nope, JHRose Kinston, Jk, white oak, Come on man cut it out.

Last edited:
I was born in 88 so it’s just funny to me the entire time I been on this Earth Richlands hasn’t beaten SWO lol. I thought I school not beating someone for 10 years was bad this is crazy. I’ll be following this one
Not to hijack the thread, but talking about long streaks, I dont think South Lenoir has beaten East Duplin since 1985 though there was a four year gap not long ago. Included in that streak is a playoff game.

What is surreal is that SL does own a win against Clinton in that same time span and maybe one against SWO.

I think SWO rolls this year.

Orange Crush, you coming to the game? I'll get some action on that 10 point Stallion
No what you should’ve said no way Sw wins more than 2 games. Who do you think y’all will beat with a skeleton team? I am wait, ED nope, WRH nope, JHRose Kinston, Jk, white oak, Come on man cut it out
you still didn’t answer my question? Who

• Haha
I will say this orange mush! The Jacksonville game means nothing except that the Stallions are here to stay and it will take a good football team to beat them every Friday night! You can put wins and losses where ever you want and smash coaches and players all you want but the tradition will carry on without you! Go Stallions!

Reactions: SWO-WA and UNC_91
I will say this orange mush! The Jacksonville game means nothing except that the Stallions are here to stay and it will take a good football team to beat them every Friday night! You can put wins and losses where ever you want and smash coaches and players all you want but the tradition will carry on without you! Go Stallions!
I couldn’t agree more, this new tradition will definitely carry on without me. Continue the course gloryday99 no need fixing it if it’s not broken. Remember what I am about to say: Southwest will never be what it once was glory days are in the past. You do the same things you will get the same results. I am just waiting for y’all to come to WRH🤣

Remember: I am not the one that sew the bad seeds nor am I the one reaping the harvest. The program is reaping the harvest of the mistreatment of Issac Moore and Phil Padgett. So when you come up here bumping your gums know the facts. When you do wrong there’s a price to pay. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT