ADVERTISEMENT

Advantage Shifts to the East in Small 1A Title Game

Bonecollector1

Nov 7, 2018
With the weather expected this weekend, a big advantage will go to the east. I know in Mitchell County they are calling for snow until Tuesday and with the expected amounts it will stay on the ground all week. I don’t know how much or how long it will last in Murphy or Robbinsville, but I suspect either one will miss a few days of outside practice. What’s everyone think?

The weather in Murphy and Robbinsville can be quite different from one another. The chance of significant snow in Robbinsville is greater than in Murphy. Murphy lies in a thermal valley and tends to get a lot less freezing precipitation than Robbinsville. Guess it depends on which one of us survives Friday night.

If your talking about Friday night you have no clue what your talkin about, no way R'ville gets beat by 35 or 42
Well the original basis of this thread was to discuss the potential advantage the east could gain in the title game. So with that being said, one would assume I was "talkin" about that.

Well the original basis of this thread was to discuss the potential advantage the east could gain in the title game. So with that being said, one would assume I was "talkin" about that.
in that case it don't matter about the weather either team in the west is going to beat either team in the east pretty bad

maybe a stray flurry or sleet pellet is all the weather is calling for in Murphy....it can always change this time of year but as of now looks pretty decent for Murphy weather

in that case it don't matter about the weather either team in the west is going to beat either team in the east pretty bad
Every state championship game since 2011 has been decided by a touchdown or less. Is the east that bad this year in your opinion that the current trend will change? I hope your right but I just can’t see it. Even North Duplin gave Cherokee all they could handle and I would say Rosewood or Pamlico is on about the same level.

Every state championship game since 2011 has been decided by a touchdown or less. Is the east that bad this year in your opinion that the current trend will change? I hope your right but I just can’t see it. Even North Duplin gave Cherokee all they could handle and I would say Rosewood or Pamlico is on about the same level.
Pamlico has a really good team and I would say are better than North Duplin was last year, definitely more athletic and more explosive on offense. The state title games are almost always close, I dont expect this year to be any different.

Pamlico has a really good team and I would say are better than North Duplin was last year, definitely more athletic and more explosive on offense. The state title games are almost always close, I dont expect this year to be any different.
I can only imagine the excuses we’ll be hearing from some West fans if the East wins it. Especially from the lot who make ridiculous bold statements without any basis to back it up.

Reactions: 1SWO1
The one offense that is tough for SMC teams is that triple option. But if it's just the QB that's the star and nobody else, it won't be much of a game.

And Pamlico has that glaring loss to Tarboro. How do you lose to those guys!

The one offense that is tough for SMC teams is that triple option. But if it's just the QB that's the star and nobody else, it won't be much of a game.
The QB makes them go but they have two sophomore RB's that are very good. Definitely not a one man show like North Duplin was last year.

The QB barely played in the Tarboro game, not that it would've changed the outcome at all, but it might not have been quite as lopsided. The QB is also probably their best player on defense.

maybe a stray flurry or sleet pellet is all the weather is calling for in Murphy....it can always change this time of year but as of now looks pretty decent for Murphy weather

Right over the hill a piece or two, we're expecting as much as 18" of snow here in Tigertown, so basketball practice/games will likely be affected next week....Our neighbor in Brevard could potentially be playing for a state 2A football title if they are fortunate enough to beat Reidsville tonight, but it should not be a problem for the Bluedevils in terms of practice, since they play on an artificial surface which can be cleared of snow without damaging the playing field...

Going to be a big weather event here in Transylvania County as we are already under a Winter Storm Warning!

Good luck to either Murphy or Robbinsville in the state title game next week!

Yeah we heard that about TJs QB
Ok I havent heard about TJ qb but looking at his stats he look good. PC qb is athlete. He was also MVP on the state runner up Bball team last year. Lost to a good Winston Salem Prep team after taking the lead into half by two.

I heard TJ QB was 3rd on the all time nc list for points scored. He had 6 on us and that was in the 4th Q.

Thomas Jefferson was a one man show, Pamlico has other good players besides their QB.

TJ had a 1,000 yd rusher as RB.
Meh. North Duplin had a 1,500 yard RB last year, Evans had 1,400 yards for Cherokee at RB last year. And it was still obvious you stop or slow down their QB's you beat them handily. TJ same thing.

I'm not sure Pamlico falls under that category but I guess Murphy or Robbinsville will find out next week, because I can't see Rosewood winning tonight. But I hope they do because I think Rosewood is a much easier matchup for whoever wins the west.

Last edited:
Reactions: knine1

And Pamlico has that glaring loss to Tarboro. How do you lose to those guys!

If Robbinsville gets past Murphy, I don't think a "tripple option" is anything Walsh is concerned about......he played under Bob Colvin who won all his Championships (two of which Walsh was a starter) running the tripple option........

Rosewood is a well balanced team. They had the best defense in our conference this year. They are very big and have some good athletes. They run and throw very well. I expect murphy to cake walk the state championship if they have their traditional speed and size. I haven't seen pamlico play but if Rosewood wins I am confident that they are the best small1a has to offer in the east. They are a lot more balanced than N. Duplin last year, defensively probably the same as N. Duplin last year, speed and size bigger, faster, stronger than North Duplin last year.

16-12 pamlico....Pamlico makes a huge stand as time expires.... Congrats to pamlico....on a side note does everyone understand how good tarboro is ....lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT