ADVERTISEMENT

ADM numbers released

East Forsyth is definitely on the cut off line.. That's going to be interesting.

Reagan HS will be 4AA if they make the playoffs next year. Almost 2000 students.

That should tell you it isn't an advantage, if it was they'd have 1500+ kids. They've decreased in enrollment for last 4yrs

It definitely is an advantage in sports, if it's not in overall enrollment numbers. A program with the success of a Charlotte Catholic will attract good football players, and those players are free to come there from all over a huge, densely populated area.

And don't think I am attributing all of their success to that. After seeing Catholic play last year, it is obvious that are very disciplined and well coached football team that strives for excellence in every facet of the game. I could see that staff being successful anywhere they went. But there is a reason that parochial schools play up in classification (don't they?).

M193 they do not play up.

My guess is you know very little about the Catholic football program and where their players come from.

M193 they do not play up.

My guess is you know very little about the Catholic football program and where their players come from.
Where do they come from? How big of a geographical area can they draw from?

And like I said, I'm not attributing all of their success to this by any means, but their situation with regards to districts is definitely different than the public schools they compete against.

East forsyth may get the most favorable playoff schedule in history

The carolina Varisty report shows Scotland, Dudley, Catholic will all have to play each other

Not really any major 4A games being played this Friday. Northwest Guilford will look good through one quarter tomorrow against East but the NWG lack of defense and seemingly injury prone offense is gonna prove fatal.

I can't really think of any top games in the 4A

East forsyth may get the most favorable playoff schedule in history

The carolina Varisty report shows Scotland, Dudley, Catholic will all have to play each other
Not sure it'll shake out like that. I think East Forsyth gets grouped with at least one of those 3

"A program with the success of a Charlotte Catholic will attract good football players.".

This is the quote that brought my response about your knowledge of the program.

Almost every player on the team comes up through the Catholic elementary schools or a Catholic family that moves (from a Catholic school) to Charlotte and continues the Catholic education. I do not think they are out recruiting at the delivery room or kindergartens.

A player cannot leave a public school and go there and play without setting out 365 days.

They are in about a seven mile radius with Country Day, Christian, Latin, and Providence Day. The tuition is over $10k at Catholic. I feel extremely confident parents are not sending their children to Catholic because of the football program.

It definitely is an advantage in sports, if it's not in overall enrollment numbers. A program with the success of a Charlotte Catholic will attract good football players, and those players are free to come there from all over a huge, densely populated area.

And don't think I am attributing all of their success to that. After seeing Catholic play last year, it is obvious that are very disciplined and well coached football team that strives for excellence in every facet of the game. I could see that staff being successful anywhere they went. But there is a reason that parochial schools play up in classification (don't they?).
No parochial schools play up by rule. Gibbons asked to play in 4A, but Catholic never did.
If you saw Catholic last year then you understand the recruiting thing got thrown out the window. Our OL was the size of a 2A school basically.
95% of the kids played at the Catholic middle school Holy Trinity. Some from St Marks which is a K-8 school in Huntersville which I attended, but since the opening of Christ the King has really dwindled.
Those who come from outside the Catholic school system are few and far inbetween.

This is the quote that brought my response about your knowledge of the program.

Almost every player on the team comes up through the Catholic elementary schools or a Catholic family that moves (from a Catholic school) to Charlotte and continues the Catholic education. I do not think they are out recruiting at the delivery room or kindergartens.

A player cannot leave a public school and go there and play without setting out 365 days.

They are in about a seven mile radius with Country Day, Christian, Latin, and Providence Day. The tuition is over $10k at Catholic. I feel extremely confident parents are not sending their children to Catholic because of the football program.
Fair enough. What they have accomplished is even more impressive in light of that.

Is Maxpreps going to update their website rankings after Friday's game and no later than Sunday morning at 6am... These new rules using Maxpreps tiebreakers could cause problems for NCHSAA... because they normally update on Monday... but they would be wrong/inacurrate if they don't count tonight's games. I hope the NCHSAA understands this.

Last edited:
Is Maxpreps going to update their website rankings after tonight's game and no later than Sunday morning at 6am... These new rules using Maxpreps tiebreakers could cause problems for NCHSAA... because they normally update on Monday... but they would be wrong/inacurrate if they don't count tonight's games. I hope the NCHSAA understands this.
Why do they have to update before this Sunday? There are still teams in the east who are playing next week

Is Maxpreps going to update their website rankings after tonight's game and no later than Sunday morning at 6am... These new rules using Maxpreps tiebreakers could cause problems for NCHSAA... because they normally update on Monday... but they would be wrong/inacurrate if they don't count tonight's games. I hope the NCHSAA understands this.
You're asking about for next week, but I'm guessing the answer is a solid no. Therefore, the "latest available" rankings used to do the seeding next week-end will be this Monday night's rankings, will will not account for all of the games that will be played next Thurs and Fri.

Sorry, I meant this Sunday, next Sunday, it doesn't matter.. Maxpreps still won't have all of the East Teams rankings by NEXT Sunday unless they get it in early. I guess all the teams in the West will be correctly ranked or maybe not..lol

It's just Weird, Everybody in the West gets a bye next week which is needed because I know of some banged up teams. This is new to us...some coaches will take advantage of this, add new wrinkles; bring along some great JV players. Mt Tabor will have 3 weeks off and that's probably too long... some coaches may have a team with a hot streak and don't care for a week off. "Davie" "Page" etc

Last edited:
Mt Tabor had this week as their open date and played Davie last week. Two weeks off. Is that not correct?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT