ADVERTISEMENT

ACR vs Asheville

Reynoldsrocks2

Sep 18, 2015
ACR - 13
Asheville - 12

final

My hats off to Asheville High looks like this new coach has things going in the right direction. Their defense played very well and shut us down. We played very well defensively also and made just enough plays to score two TD’s and hold Asheville to 1 TD and 2FG’s. I wouldn’t say we were lucky to win, but our offense needs to play better in the future against good defenses. Good luck to Asheville, great to see them turning things back to where they once were, keep it up!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Wow. Closer than what I thought. I thought about putting up a post with these two teams. But decided not to. Anyway sounded like a good game.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Heartbreaker for the cougars as we got into game winning fg position before a block in the back forced us into one of our many 2nd and 20s. Hats off to Reynolds. We had too many dumb penalties and mistakes to overcome a good team. The defense did everything they could to win the game but the offense wouldn’t take it. Asheville at 2-2 could very easily be 4-0, but shoulda coulda woulda. Hard to believe the season is half over basically

Coach Radford is a great coach.....look what he did the last two years at CHASE.....if they give him a couple years at Asheville I think he will have them back where they used to be.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
When I checked scorestream last night I was blown away by this score. Everyone one around me was as well

Lol jeez give us a little credit. That score was no fluke. Asheville was every bit Reynolds equal. In fact I would argue that if we played 10 times, we’d win 6 of them. Again, it doesn’t matter now. We can all say after a close loss....“well we should have done this or we should have done that”..... well we didn’t, and we lost.

But 90 percent of the time, Asheville has as much or more talent than anybody in WNC, Reynolds included.

Having said that, this rivalry has been in Reynolds favor the last several years, but each team is different. We have a pretty good one this year if we will get out of our own way.

If it isn’t even in the all time series, I’d imagine Reynolds has the lead now after these past couple years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT