ADVERTISEMENT

9/29 Rams

ReidsvilleRam90

Oct 13, 2002
I hate this part of the season. It’s 24 hours from game time and not one mention of it. We went on for days about playing a school that didn’t exist. I hate this conference.

Only bright spot is hall of fame recognition. I just wonder why the 2002 team wasn’t recognized last year at the 20 th anniversary of the feat.

I don't think West Stokes likes it either. I miss the conference with Mt Airy,East Surry , North Surry, South Stokes,etc packed house for most conference games and competitive in every sport. Baseball is laughable in this conference

I hate this part of the season. It’s 24 hours from game time and not one mention of it. We went on for days about playing a school that didn’t exist. I hate this conference.

Only bright spot is hall of fame recognition. I just wonder why the 2002 team wasn’t recognized last year at the 20 th anniversary of the feat.

The rams haven't exactly been blowing anyone out. I'd be surprised if this was a blow out. Rams have played down to competition as well. I think Page was the best we've looked so far this season

When you're favored to win state championship you shouldn't have a close game in conference. Second place is going to be competitive. Mt Airy in same situation they played second best team in conference last week and won 47 to 15

When you're favored to win state championship you shouldn't have a close game in conference. Second place is going to be competitive. Mt Airy in same situation they played second best team in conference last week and won 47 to 15
Rams season has been held back by numerous injuries to key players. If they ever get healthy they will contend.

Rams season has been held back by numerous injuries to key players. If they ever get healthy they will contend.
Yes I agree and even if it's during early rounds of the playoffs. More time to heal and give the wildcats a chance to have competitive game with the Rams. West is steady improving but have also lost 3 starters to injury.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Yes I agree and even if it's during early rounds of the playoffs. More time to heal and give the wildcats a chance to have competitive game with the Rams. West is steady improving but have also lost 3 starters to injury.
has the drama subsided?

Rams' only loss was to undefeated Eastern Alamance ... they also hold wins over 4-A Greensboro Page, which has won two straight now, Rockingham County, which is 4-1, and Western Almance, which has lost only to Reidsville and Eastern Alamance. So, despite all the adversity and adjusting to a new coaching staff, they are 4-1.

Reactions: Ooooner
FIRST HALF SCORING SUMMARY:
R - Jariel Cobb 53 run (run failed), 11:44 first quarter
R - Kendre Harrison 14 pass from Al Lee (Bryson Miller pass from Johnniyus Sharpe), 1:50 first quarter
M - Jaden Moore 3 run (kick failed), 2:31 first quarter

Last edited:
Rams looking sloppy in ball handling and tackling. McMichael scoring drive was 95 yards and took 9 minutes from clock.

Jayden Moore is a tough runner ... Rams can't stop him. 14-12

Another long scoring drive by Phoenix led by Moore's running.

M - Hayden Meeks 2 run (run failed), 0:33 fourth quarter ... Meeks is No. 70 and played line most of game. 34-18 ... lot of Ram subs in the game in that last drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Some stats:
McMichael's Moore had 137 yards on 30 carries; also 35 yards on 3 receptions.
Reidsville's Cobb had 137 yards on 9 carries
Lee completed 11 of 17 passes for 179 yards with no picks; Flippen 4 receptions for 125 yards, Harrison 4 receptions for 35 yards.

Rams now 5-1 and hopefully will have some key players like Widerman back next week at West Stokes; Harrison only played offense tonight. McMichael falls to 4-3.

Total yards:
McMichael 324
Reidsville 346

First Downs:
McM 25 / R 14

Time of Possession:
McM 30:18 / R 17:42

McMichael passing: Dunn 10 of 20 for 107 yards, interceptions by Cam Jones and Juhkier Pinnix

only seen Reidsville in person once (Rockingham) but aside from the obvious injuries (part of football) and from talking to several folks that have been to every game...the fact that most agree on is that Reidsville is getting handled on some of the line play.....mostly on D but at times, the O............not sure how that can improve.. depth obviously is another shortcoming....Hopefully the Rams can get it together and finish strong....West Stokes will not be an easy game......Reidsville played there last year, not sure why they are traveling there again this year.........

only seen Reidsville in person once (Rockingham) but aside from the obvious injuries (part of football) and from talking to several folks that have been to every game...the fact that most agree on is that Reidsville is getting handled on some of the line play.....mostly on D but at times, the O............not sure how that can improve.. depth obviously is another shortcoming....Hopefully the Rams can get it together and finish strong....West Stokes will not be an easy game......Reidsville played there last year, not sure why they are traveling there again this year.........

Paul might be back this week or soon. If Neal is able to come back. We can move one of the current corners to olb and that will help a lot.

Widerman expected back this week ... Neal is questionable for another few weeks.

Widerman expected back this week ... Neal is questionable for another few weeks.
That will help for sure will he play offense and defense? The West and North game last night was really hard hitting game.

At least they now know why the injury is so slow healing. Where the Rams miss him a lot is on the two point option conversions. Neal runs that play to perfection but the player now taking the snap has difficulty executing.

I think the 2pt option has been fine. We miss him on the secondary.

I think the 2pt option has been fine. We miss him on the secondary.

Id say after lack of skill blocking, lack of seeing wide open receivers, lack of getting off the ball, lack of tackling, lack of physicality on both lines, lack of leadership, lack of a consistent kicker, and lack of emotion... Then you can worry about a 2pt conversion.

Id say after lack of skill blocking, lack of seeing wide open receivers, lack of getting off the ball, lack of tackling, lack of physicality on both lines, lack of leadership, lack of a consistent kicker, and lack of emotion... Then you can worry about a 2pt conversion.

Lack of leadership and emotion is a big one, if someone stepped up I think we’d be fine. I feel like the 2pt is fine. People are just adjusting to it cause we never kick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT