ADVERTISEMENT

7-1 Tarboro @ 7-0 Riverside - Conference Championship

I expected them to win by a pretty large margin but not that large.
Riverside looked to be down on numbers and size. Their defense couldn’t slow down the run and their offensive run game was nil. They have a outstanding freshman quarterback. He has a really nice pass and a lot of poise for a young man. He will be a problem for the East over the next 3-1/2 years. All he needs is a good defense and a better run game. He was most effective between the hashes with slants.

We played solid all the way around last night. Reminded me of the RM games as far as how clean we played. No penalties, or turnovers that I remember.

Riverside looked to be down on numbers and size. Their defense couldn’t slow down the run and their offensive run game was nil. They have a outstanding freshman quarterback. He has a really nice pass and a lot of poise for a young man. He will be a problem for the East over the next 3-1/2 years. All he needs is a good defense and a better run game. He was most effective between the hashes with slants.
He definitely is gonna be a problem for sure. But I'm glad we have a good QB in our conference to challenge Tarboro on defense.

Agreed! I know it’s easy to say now, but I feel we’d beat Hertford if we played them again.
I think Hertford poses the same challenge as before. They score as prolifically as we do. I think Hertford has more bench to work with. More platoon players. Even though we had the ball twice late in the 4th with chances to win, our guys looked worn out and couldn’t get over the line. It sure would be fun to see that one again though.

I think Hertford poses the same challenge as before. They score as prolifically as we do. I think Hertford has more bench to work with. More platoon players. Even though we had the ball twice late in the 4th with chances to win, our guys looked worn out and couldn’t get over the line. It sure would be fun to see that one again though.
I believe if we played again they wouldn't score 56 on us. I'm hoping they're on the schedule for next year, because they bring back a large portion of their team from this year so that will definitely be a good matchup early in the season. Based on what I saw from Rocky Mount at the JV game and with the way our Middle School team destroyed them this year I don't see them beating us for a while Imo

Agreed! We make some stops this time if we played again.
Remember we had a Qb run wild and put up a ton of points on us last year. Completely shut them out later.
I don’t think we’d shut them out, but I do think we’d stop them a few times

Agreed! We make some stops this time if we played again.
Remember we had a Qb run wild and put up a ton of points on us last year. Completely shut them out later.
I don’t think we’d shut them out, but I do think we’d stop them a few times
It's hard to beat Tarboro back to back. And next year they got to come to Tarboro. Also last night Kam had over 200 yards rushing. Closing in on a thousand yards on the year.

Reactions: Swain97
It's hard to beat Tarboro back to back. And next year they got to come to Tarboro. Also last night Kam had over 200 yards rushing. Closing in on a thousand yards on the year.
Looks like the Riverside game did not live up to the hype and their air attack crashed and burned. Probably no more challenging games for the Vikings until a couple of rounds into the playoffs.

Looks like the Riverside game did not live up to the hype and their air attack crashed and burned. Probably no more challenging games for the Vikings until a couple of rounds into the playoffs.
Yeah I actually thought Tarboro did a pretty decent job against their passing attack. TBH man I don't think the East is as deep as it was last year.

Last edited:
Yes, they are young...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT