ADVERTISEMENT

7-1 Tarboro @ 7-0 Riverside - Conference Championship

The key to this game is going to be getting pressure on the quarterback. Looking at their stats on MaxPreps, he's thrown for over 1,500 yards on the year. They will definitely be a challenge for our defense. However having said that, I don't believe they will stop our offense I'll take Tarboro by about 2 to 3 scores.

Well just looking at the stats and rosters it's kinda obvious it's a run vs pass teams. And looking at the the rosters ( if accurate) looks like Tarboro has a pretty good size advantage on the line plus that Gates county scored 44 on them while only 8 on Tarboro so I wouldn't think they'd have much a chance stopping that running attack of Tarboro. I'd say Riverside's only chance is if Tarboro has pass defense issues and they can just keep up scoring but the issue when you have a run vs pass game three things happen when you pass and two are bad.
So I said Tarboro probably pretty handily.

This the one right here. Wouldn’t be surprised whoever wins this one will be the number 1 seed in the east. 48-21 Tarboro. I don’t think that Riverside will be able to stop Tarboro on defense. Gates County put up 44 on them & only 8 against Tarboro. I just hope our players hold their composure b/c it will be a ton of talking! Oh year…Get there early!

This the one right here. Wouldn’t be surprised whoever wins this one will be the number 1 seed in the east. 48-21 Tarboro. I don’t think that Riverside will be able to stop Tarboro on defense. Gates County put up 44 on them & only 8 against Tarboro. I just hope our players hold their composure b/c it will be a ton of talking! Oh year…Get there early!
Yeah that last part is going to be very important, Tarboro players keeping their composure. Riverside always worries me with how notoriously dirty they are. I can imagine that trash talk will be worse this year since they undefeated

Biggest/most hyped conference game Tarboro has had in 10 years so we might as well get it started.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?
This is the perfect scenario for Riverside. They are undefeated, at home and playing for the conference championship.The only issue is the Vikings are on the opposite sideline. I don’t see this as being a cakewalk. I think the first half will be fairly even. The running attack will wear down their line in the third quarter when the Vikings go to NASCAR offense. And as always untimely turnovers and penalties can be game and momentum changer

This is the perfect scenario for Riverside. They are undefeated, at home and playing for the conference championship.The only issue is the Vikings are on the opposite sideline. I don’t see this as being a cakewalk. I think the first half will be fairly even. The running attack will wear down their line in the third quarter when the Vikings go to NASCAR offense. And as always untimely turnovers and penalties can be game and momentum changer
First half will be close I believe. But second half I think our offense begins to wear them down and we pull away. I'm not as concerned about their offense as I was with hertford, mainly because the QB at Riverside is more of a pocket passer.

For Tarboro just keep running the ball and take time off the clock and keep Riverside offense on sidelines. Riverside might get their yards passings, but if they can't stop the runs. That could limit their offense plays. I have never seen Riverside play, but i will say Tarboro 48-20. And these 2 could more than likely meet again in the Playoffs.

For Tarboro just keep running the ball and take time off the clock and keep Riverside offense on sidelines. Riverside might get their yards passings, but if they can't stop the runs. That could limit their offense plays. I have never seen Riverside play, but i will say Tarboro 48-20. And these 2 could more than likely meet again in the Playoffs.
That's about what score I'm predicting. It's definitely possible these two could meet in the playoffs

Yeah I agree just glancing at it I saw several that I don't think can beat Tarboro. That's a really surprising ranking.
I agree. I'm in no way saying Tarboro should be ranked first in the entire state Lol, but I really think MaxPreps is looking at that Hertford county loss way too hard. We lost by two points not 32. I feel like if we beat Riverside we should jump up quite a bit.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Yeah that last part is going to be very important, Tarboro players keeping their composure. Riverside always worries me with how notoriously dirty they are. I can imagine that trash talk will be worse this year since they undefeated
Is Riverside mainly dirty with trash talking or also cheap shots? Either way, I am surprised the refs don't flag them for this sort of thing. For the most part, seems like they are pretty strict these days with tossing the hankie even for some trash talking. But I would expect T-boro to win this without too much worry. If a team with a losing record like Gates Co. can put up 44 on Riverside, I would imagine the Vikes can get 50+ on the scoreboard.

Is Riverside mainly dirty with trash talking or also cheap shots? Either way, I am surprised the refs don't flag them for this sort of thing. For the most part, seems like they are pretty strict these days with tossing the hankie even for some trash talking. But I would expect T-boro to win this without too much worry. If a team with a losing record like Gates Co. can put up 44 on Riverside, I would imagine the Vikes can get 50+ on the scoreboard.
Both. Usually when we play them there's quite a few flags trust me. Their defense doesn't really concern me tbh. Like you stated gates county put up 44 on their defense. I would think Tarboro would at least get 50+. The reason this matchup is getting a lot of attention is because of their record, and their offense can score quite a lot. Their QB has thrown for over 1500 yards on the year also. And that's pretty rare that you have a quarterback in the 1A East to throw for that many yards. I think we will win to but can't turn the ball over

I agree & GC & Tarboro runs a similar offense & Tarboro will be healthy this week also. Train(#10) will be returning

Reactions: fitguync30
I agree. I'm in no way saying Tarboro should be ranked first in the entire state Lol, but I really think MaxPreps is looking at that Hertford county loss way too hard. We lost by two points not 32. I feel like if we beat Riverside we should jump up quite a bit.
Hertford county would destroy Riverside so yeah I should have no problem I say y'all win by 40 or 50 points

Both. Usually when we play them there's quite a few flags trust me. Their defense doesn't really concern me tbh. Like you stated gates county put up 44 on their defense. I would think Tarboro would at least get 50+. The reason this matchup is getting a lot of attention is because of their record, and their offense can score quite a lot. Their QB has thrown for over 1500 yards on the year also. And that's pretty rare that you have a quarterback in the 1A East to throw for that many yards. I think we will win to but can't turn the ball over
Hopefully, Tarboro comes out of this game healthy and if there are any dirty hits that does not lead to an injury. Doesn't the Hertford Co. QB also throw the ball a lot? Since they put up a lot of points on the Vikes then Riverside could be a problem. But I think if this turns into a shootout, Tarboro can simply outscore Riverside. Though, that isn't the ideal way to win games since it can catch up with you once you get in the playoffs and start facing more quality opponents.

I know nothing about Riverside. Then again I don’t need to know about Riverside. I know enough about Tarboro to say. Vikings by a lot possibly running clock.

Go Mountaineers

Hopefully, Tarboro comes out of this game healthy and if there are any dirty hits that does not lead to an injury. Doesn't the Hertford Co. QB also throw the ball a lot? Since they put up a lot of points on the Vikes then Riverside could be a problem. But I think if this turns into a shootout, Tarboro can simply outscore Riverside. Though, that isn't the ideal way to win games since it can catch up with you once you get in the playoffs and start facing more quality opponents.
Tbh it really wasn't hertford's passing attack that beat us. It was more the legs of their quarterback. They threw it 17 times I believe. I think Riverside's best chance of winning this game is forcing three to four turnovers and capitalizing off of them with touchdowns. But I don't believe they can stop our offense and if it becomes a shootout I don't think they can stop us either for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: fitguync30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT