ADVERTISEMENT

5-0 Glenn HS 30 Mt Tabor 13

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
This game is the best game in Forsyth County so far in 2017 at Glenn HS

I'm a Big fan of 6'5 225lb talented duel threat QB Stephon Brown of Glenn who has committed to App State but you Never know on signing Day. This guy is Bigtime! and his stats are incredible. He's so Raw! The sky is the limit! He's that late blooming guy who should easily catch the eye of bigtime Colleges. Dangerous 4-A Playoff team.

Mt Tabor has endured a brutal schedule; pulled a big upset and they have surprising massive Size & Speed; a nice senior QB in Patterson. They have Big WR's / TE that will expose smaller DB's.. throw in their small explosive RBs/ scatbacks; This team has State Championship pedigree in 3-A if they stay healthy.

It's 50/50 on the winner, I'm torn...See Link Below

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/pr...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Glenn is a tough team on both sides of the ball, they will be a contender for the CPC Title. Stephon Brown had a hand in nearly every point except the safety. Impressive Win, BobCats passed that test.

About time to Rank' em

Saw him play against Scotland last year. He was a beast then just didn't have good receivers. Surprised he isn't getting more looks from colleges.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I made a prediction at the start of the season and I don't want to speak too soon but I think I might be right. I think West and Glenn both beat East Forsyth in a few weeks.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
It's early but if nothing changes from right now I would say Glenn is a 17 point favorite right now over East Forsyth. This could be the year the K-Ville Cup goes back to Glenn. It has to happen sometime and I think this is the year.

17 points may be a bit much but I've been saying all year that Glenn is my sleeper team. Offensively they can score points but I have to see their defense hold up against quality competition. Tabor was missing a couple of backs but I still think Glenn fared well versus Tabors offense. You must be able to pressure Brown at the qb position without blitzing cause Glenn has speed on the outside that I dont recommend covering one on one.

They certainly are turning some heads! The games against West and East will be interesting to see the results. I am perplexed at a player I noticed on the television highlights the other night...a RB by the name of Rorie I believe was at Glenn in 15-16, Parkland last year, and now back at Glenn. Also while on the subject of Parkland, I thought Marcus Caldwell was not going to be allowed to play this year at Parkland. Wonder what happened to change that?

Braxton Rorie was at Glenn then last year Parkland and this year he's back at Glenn. His brother is still at Parkland but that's Forsyth County for you. Now Caldwell situation was different. The West coaches parted ways with Caldwell after the transfer date so when he went to Parkland they gave him the 365!! But an appeal was made and when the committee was told that the transportation to West Forsyth was provided by the West staff for three years and the kid has no way to continue going to West, he was allowed to play at his home school.

17 point favorite? We love it. It's about time Glenn made this game worth watching again. We're glad at East about it. I understand injuries are a part of it but let's just say this. A couple guys we beat a ranked Sanderson with we didn't have against Tabor and still should've won. We'll take the L.

It's been at least 8 years since Glenn's last win versus East. We'll have something to say about West too. Right us off if you like. Glenn isn't beating East by 17 in any universe. I did say at least 2 losses but it won't be Glenn and if so ill be the first on here.

Our JV has a game against Reidsville JV on Thursday. Our JV is probably already bigger and more talented than the varsity but young. Better beat us this year.

One thing I'd agree with is the conference will seem more competitive than initially thought. We relish the big games coming up Page, West and Glenn. Cup staying in Eagle Country!!

17 point favorite? We love it. It's about time Glenn made this game worth watching again. We're glad at East about it. I understand injuries are a part of it but let's just say this. A couple guys we beat a ranked Sanderson with we didn't have against Tabor and still should've won. We'll take the L.

It's been at least 8 years since Glenn's last win versus East. We'll have something to say about West too. Right us off if you like. Glenn isn't beating East by 17 in any universe. I did say at least 2 losses but it won't be Glenn and if so ill be the first on here.

Our JV has a game against Reidsville JV on Thursday. Our JV is probably already bigger and more talented than the varsity but young. Better beat us this year.

One thing I'd agree with is the conference will seem more competitive than initially thought. We relish the big games coming up Page, West and Glenn. Cup staying in Eagle Country!!

True East has had Glenn's number as of late but Richmond County had Scotland for years too. First let me say that I'm not for East or Glenn I pull for NW Guilford. I just come to more East games because my house is closer. Now from an outsiders perspective they said Glenn had not played anyone. Well to be honest neither has East other than Sanderson. East played 3 of the same teams as Glenn. Only difference is Glenn put a beat down on Tabor and East Forsyth couldn't do anything right from players to coaches. Now Glenn has the better Offense in my mind and I was going to say East has the better defense but the more I see Glenn's stats I think those defenses are pretty close. Now I will say this East is going to go through the 2 of the toughest teams in the state with Page and West before they see Glenn. Glenn is going to play a WAY softer schedule. East could be more battle tested....They could also be beat up going into the Glenn game. On top of that Glenn very well could be undefeated going into that game just from the schedule they play. I will agree that teams better get East this year because they are absolutely loaded with younger talent on Varsity and JV. My pick is subject to change but I think Glenn gets East this year. I also think Page and West get East this year. It's nothing personal It's East is starting way too many Sophomores and Juniors that are still learning how to play together. I really think next year East will be the favorite to win the conference but we are talking about this season. Right now I see them as the 3rd best team in the CPC maybe tied with Davie. Good news friends we dont have to wait but a few more weeks to find out who's been pretending this whole time. I hope East proves me wrong. Love it when a team that I don't think can win it pulls it off. If they do it will be a HUGE upset I don't care what they've done in the past. Good luck to all teams as conference gets ready to fire up.

True East has had Glenn's number as of late but Richmond County had Scotland for years too. First let me say that I'm not for East or Glenn I pull for NW Guilford. I just come to more East games because my house is closer. Now from an outsiders perspective they said Glenn had not played anyone. Well to be honest neither has East other than Sanderson. East played 3 of the same teams as Glenn. Only difference is Glenn put a beat down on Tabor and East Forsyth couldn't do anything right from players to coaches. Now Glenn has the better Offense in my mind and I was going to say East has the better defense but the more I see Glenn's stats I think those defenses are pretty close. Now I will say this East is going to go through the 2 of the toughest teams in the state with Page and West before they see Glenn. Glenn is going to play a WAY softer schedule. East could be more battle tested....They could also be beat up going into the Glenn game. On top of that Glenn very well could be undefeated going into that game just from the schedule they play. I will agree that teams better get East this year because they are absolutely loaded with younger talent on Varsity and JV. My pick is subject to change but I think Glenn gets East this year. I also think Page and West get East this year. It's nothing personal It's East is starting way too many Sophomores and Juniors that are still learning how to play together. I really think next year East will be the favorite to win the conference but we are talking about this season. Right now I see them as the 3rd best team in the CPC maybe tied with Davie. Good news friends we dont have to wait but a few more weeks to find out who's been pretending this whole time. I hope East proves me wrong. Love it when a team that I don't think can win it pulls it off. If they do it will be a HUGE upset I don't care what they've done in the past. Good luck to all teams as conference gets ready to fire up.
I can go with a lot of what you said Warhead. I would understand if we were never in the game against Tabor but we were in control for awhile but didn't close the deal. I contend if East hasn't played anyone except Sanderson so far then you would have to say Glenn has played no one yet at all unless you meant Tabor seeing as Tabor is our only common opponent thus far.

We do have a gauntlet to get to Glenn but Glenn has to get over the mental edge of not beating East in almost 3 presidential terms. I'll admit it's gonna make that Kville Cup game what should've been and I believe the biggest winners will be the people of Kville.

Let's be real. Tabor played AWFUL against Glenn! You can credit Glenn for some of that but they treated the East game like it was a State Championship and looked like they were in an early season scrimmage against Glenn. East is young and going to keep getting better and better. I'm sure the bye week helped get some guys healthy and the young guys continue to develop. Write them off if you want. Call them the underdog against Glenn if you want. There's a lot of football to be played between now and the "Kville Cup". But I can guarantee you no one on the East side feels like Glenn is the favorite in that game. And Glenn getting all the pub only makes the game easier to get ready for. Willert will have them ready, you can count on that.

Let's be real. Tabor played AWFUL against Glenn! You can credit Glenn for some of that but they treated the East game like it was a State Championship and looked like they were in an early season scrimmage against Glenn. East is young and going to keep getting better and better. I'm sure the bye week helped get some guys healthy and the young guys continue to develop. Write them off if you want. Call them the underdog against Glenn if you want. There's a lot of football to be played between now and the "Kville Cup". But I can guarantee you no one on the East side feels like Glenn is the favorite in that game. And Glenn getting all the pub only makes the game easier to get ready for. Willert will have them ready, you can count on that.
Preach @bumblebee33 we figured most would jump off and ride Glenn and West and probably rightfully so. I didn't want to be the one that stated the angle Tabor probably was ready to play East more so than Glenn and I really don't like using it but it was underlying to be honest.

Again KVille hasn't been anticipating East and Glenn like this for a long time coming and it makes for a good football atmosphere in a couple weeks.

We would love to go 3-0 on this upcoming murderers row but where our team is now 2-1 is probably more realistic. We fully intend on making every effort to get all 3 though. We'll find out exactly what we're made of for sure.

For East to begin to be mentioned more often with the other upper echelon programs we need to start going 3-0 in swings like this. Mental focus will be of the utmost importance this next month.

Last edited:
NC Preps has Glenn ranked 10th? You're kidding me. Doesn't look like someone considered their schedule at all. Didn't know a 3A Tabor win could carry so much weight still. Man!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT