ADVERTISEMENT

Over-Hauled CPC should be a battle of East & West Forsyth

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
The CPC welcomes East Forsyth & Glenn HS as Mt. Tabor, North Davidson & Parkland exit. East & West Forsyth both made it to the final 8 last season and West returns 16 of 22 starters so they are the odds on favorite.

Here are my Predictions:

1. West Forsyth has a great core led by 5 Star DE KJ Henry, 3 Star RB Marcus Caldwell and young DB/KR Jaquan McMillian who has ACC & SEC offers. McMillion might be the most dangerous return guy in the state(he's offense & defense, Percy Harvin type). He's dynamic! West QB situation is much like last year; it will dictate how far this team can go. Look for Soph Jalen Ferguson to win that job. That position will make them or break them in 2017.

2. East Forsyth is always big & strong but the loss of Madison Cone and Christian Beal are tough losses; however, they just reload; so look for new faces and great RB's. They also have a Big-Time terrific young FS/DB in Khalid Martin who's got multiple Div-1 offers. East can win the conference and they've had West Forsyth's number.

3. Glenn HS may have the CPC "Player of the Year" in QB Stephon Brown, at 6'4 210lbs. he's easily Division 1 and his stock is soaring, West Forsyth would be #1 in the State if they had Brown. he will need new talented WR's and I can tell you NC State likes this cat...Bobcat

4. Tied Davie Co.(Defending CPC Champs) took a hit at graduation, huge losses from a senior laden team that featured QB Chris Reynolds, two great WR's and two stud LB's but they may reload and surprise teams like last season.

4. Tied Reagan was young last year and they didn't make the playoffs but they're more mature and nobody gets more out of his players than head Coach Josh McGee. He's the best at developing QB's

6. RJ Reynolds has really struggled fielding large amounts of players, they need quantity & quality. A Mystery team that is trying to revamp a stout program.

Last edited:
The CPC welcomes East Forsyth & Glenn HS as Mt. Tabor, North Davidson & Parkland exit. East & West Forsyth both made it to the final 8 last season and West returns 16 of 22 starters so they are the odds on favorite.

Here are my Predictions:

1. West Forsyth has a great core led by 5 Star DE KJ Henry, 3 Star RB Marcus Caldwell and young DB/KR Jaquan McMillian who has ACC & SEC offers. McMillion might be the most dangerous return guy in the state(he's offense & defense, Percy Harvin type). He's dynamic! West QB situation is much like last year; it will dictate how far this team can go. Look for Soph Jalen Ferguson to win that job. That position will make them or break them in 2017.

2. East Forsyth is always big & strong but the loss of Madison Cone and Christian Beal are tough losses; however, they just reload; so look for new faces and great RB's. They also have a Big-Time terrific young FS/DB in Khalid Martin who's got multiple Div-1 offers. East can win the conference and they've had West Forsyth's number.

3. Glenn HS may have the CPC "Player of the Year" in QB Stephon Brown, at 6'4 210lbs. he's easily Division 1 and his stock is soaring, West Forsyth would be #1 in the State if they had Brown. he will need new talented WR's and I can tell you NC State likes this cat...Bobcat

4. Tied Davie Co.(Defending CPC Champs) took a hit at graduation, huge losses from a senior laden team that featured QB Chris Reynolds, two great WR's and two stud LB's but they may reload and surprise teams like last season.

4. Tied Reagan was young last year and they didn't make the playoffs but they're more mature and nobody gets more out of his players than head Coach Josh McGee. He's the best at developing QB's

6. RJ Reynolds has really struggled fielding large amounts of players, they need quantity & quality. A Mystery team that is trying to revamp a stout program.

I Think (QB Glenn ) Brown Committed to App it was his only FBS offer.

West Forsyth is going to roll through this conference this year and I don't think its even close. From what I've seen East is talented but they are way to young to make any noise this year from what I'm hearing. I've also heard they may only start 3 or 4 seniors on the entire team this year. You don't lose 32 seniors including Beal & Cone and get better thats just going to be too tough to overcome. Next year and the following year East will be hell to deal with I just think they are a year away. East plays Sanderson which is a top 10 team in the state in some peoples eyes. I think Sanderson is going to beat East by 2 or 3 scores behind NC State commit RB Pinnix. Teams as young as East will get better as the year goes on. Once conference gets here they could very well beat up on Glenn and Davie and maybe even compete with West but those other teams get better too. Like I said too young to dominate like they did the last couple years. I could see them losing to Sanderson, Page, Glenn, and West. Then again they could come out and make me look stupid. I'm going with too young and 1 year away.

West
Glenn
Davie
East
Reagan
RJR

East is extremely young but will be game. I agree the games with Sanderson, Page, West will be tough ones. I understand West has some talent over there this year but I find it hard to pick a team to win conference who's unsettled at the quarterback spot. For all the talk about East maybe falling back some I believe they return their qb of 3 years. Glenn has to convince themselves they can beat East. They haven't beaten East in almost 10 years I believe and their defense will be no better this year. I don't see it from Glenn. You can make a case for the other schools previously mentioned beating East. This will be an interesting year in Kernersville

I want to retract my first comment just a little after talking to an assistant coach in the area who's team played East every year. I will keep my 1st comment up so people can bash me about it haha! East is loaded with young talent like I said earlier but most of them played significant time last season. They have Bullins who maybe the 2nd best QB in the area. They have Martin who is the best Safety in the area. They also have a stud LB named Aron Worthy who is a beast on D. They had a couple transfers who are going to be really good on offense. With all that said they are going to be right there with West Forsyth as the best two teams in the conference like many have said. West Forsyth is still the best team in the area but I think East is #2 in the conference. After talking to him I still think they will struggle against Sanderson but that game will be a bit closer. I think Page can still beat them as well as West. I think East will be 8-3 and maybe 7-4 at worst. They could be a 9-2 team possibly too. I think they will be really strong but next year they will be loaded and will contend in the 4A for a ring.

North is gone but I live just south of Winston so will certainly be paying attention lol. Nephew plays for West Forsyth, so I do actually wish them well... East will be good even if they're young, winning tends to be a habit and I don't think they'll regress too much even with all the losses... Glenn will be very interesting, can they develope a defense?

Don't sleep on Davie and Reagan, both have good coaching and athletes to pull from. RJR... please get back on track, we know you have the ability to!

I want to retract my first comment just a little after talking to an assistant coach in the area who's team played East every year. I will keep my 1st comment up so people can bash me about it haha! East is loaded with young talent like I said earlier but most of them played significant time last season. They have Bullins who maybe the 2nd best QB in the area. They have Martin who is the best Safety in the area. They also have a stud LB named Aron Worthy who is a beast on D. They had a couple transfers who are going to be really good on offense. With all that said they are going to be right there with West Forsyth as the best two teams in the conference like many have said. West Forsyth is still the best team in the area but I think East is #2 in the conference. After talking to him I still think they will struggle against Sanderson but that game will be a bit closer. I think Page can still beat them as well as West. I think East will be 8-3 and maybe 7-4 at worst. They could be a 9-2 team possibly too. I think they will be really strong but next year they will be loaded and will contend in the 4A for a ring.

Basically what I said. Still there's no team on earth I'd feel good about making a front-runner with an unsettled quarterback situation.

Funny to read some of this stuff about East Forsyth. The last two years some of you guys have been telling me they are a powerhouse program. Now..after one regional final appearance they are going to lose 3 or 4 games and finish 4th in that conf.

I have always felt that if it is truly a powerhouse program you dont look at the year they had all the senior talent. You look at the following year. If they reload and still stay at a high level , NOW you have a dominant program.

IF EF is truly a dominant program then they should have one loss maybe with that schedule. West will be very good and I would buy a close loss there. Dominant programs dont lose to teams like Glenn or Sanderson.

Reactions: Veejay4
They will reload, they will make the playoffs. However you don't graduate 32-33 seniors and the largest signing/college player class in school history and get better.

Depends on what program. The Creek 2013 State Championship team lost 33 seniors with 15 kids signing scholarships. Went 15-1 the following season and won their 2nd State Championship.

East has good coaching. They built that program from nothing and will have developed younger players... How did the JV do? I think they'll still be good.

East has good coaching. They built that program from nothing and will have developed younger players... How did the JV do? I think they'll still be good.

Exactly... If its a powerhouse program then you replace kids and the coaching staff puts the new kids in the best position to win games. Willert has won with great defensive teams and high scoring offensive teams. You probably dont have a Beal on the sidelines but maybe this year its Bullins arm and a passing atttack the makes it go. West is very talented but they have yet to win a big game in November so lets hold off on the coronation.

Exactly my point Blue and Gold 22. You can't crown a team with a question mark at quarterback regardless of the talent around that position. East is very very young this year but the attitude around there is next man up. Like I said I'd be surprised if they lost more than 2 games and 3 would be a bad year with their expectations now. If West is gonna get East it better be this year. Sanderson will be interesting on a Saturday at Cardinal Gibbons.

I am hearing that RB Marcus Caldwell is no longer at West Forsyth. Something about him missing to many days of schools or something similar....an appeal process was won but he already decided to leave....rumor on the street is Dudley or Glenn could be his next destination. Obviously, that is all I heard so someone might be able to chime in and provide more information.

If West Forsyth's Caldwell is gone then it hurts but not as bad as many think. Matt Duke a North/South runner actually out rushed Caldwell last year. He's a load.

Do any Glenn HS people know if Stephon Brown's Verbal to App St is a soft verbal? I see him ACC/SEC . I was wrong about his size, He's 6'5 220lbs. I know he's dual threat but I see him more of a pocket passer.

Last edited:
I see him as a hard committ. For whatevwr reason schools are looking over him. I think he's a true steal if he goes to App

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
The Glenn QB committed early and fast to APP. I also believe he was an App fan and was a dream come true and I'd say is 99% locked in there. He loves to run and isn't scared of contact.

As for Caldwell, he's a great player and certainly at or near the top of any scouting/players teams will prep for. Loosing him will be a tremendous lost if he really is gone. I haven't heard anything about Caldwell but did hear one of the West Forsyth QB's was trying to switch to North Forsyth but was blocked from it. I'm sure it will all fizzle and work out after the first week or two of practice.

Also, from within the program i was told Caldwell is still apart of the West Forsyth program but is trying to transfer out and talking to a private school now and if all else fails may land at parkland or stay at west

Caldwell from West has 3 options right now

1. Stay at Weat Forsyth
2. Go to a private school
3. Go to Parkland ( his home district)

Reactions: ForsythFootball
Well if he's participated in a practice at West then that's the only public school he can play at in Forsyth Co. Now if he hasn't then his options are open but they aren't doing any principle to principle transfers in the county anymore.

Maxpreps has West ranked pretty high. Now I know that doesn't really mean anything, but are they that good this year?

Maxpreps has West ranked pretty high. Now I know that doesn't really mean anything, but are they that good this year?
Coming out of the triad area, they should be the team to beat. They may not compare to some other schools around the state but they return obviously KJ Henry and Jaquan M (I can't exactly remember his name) who are both skilled and lead a good defense. Pending some questions marks on offense they will still be proficient on offense and move the ball. Only teams that pose a threat on their schedule lake norman who is traditionally semi-strong, East forsyth and Glenn.

2 weeks ago West Forsyth was invited to the National 7 on 7 at Ohio State University and finished 4th in front of Maxpreps. They were very impressed. I will say Marcus Caldwell made an incredible TD catch in double coverage to win over a Nationally ranked team and get them into the final four.
Now; let's be real, it's just 7 on 7 and that doesn't really mean much because its not real football. Contact is real football..

I'm NOT sure if Marcus is still on the team. I hope both sides work this out. Don't care to see Marcus on Last Chance U.

Marcus made ESPN last year with this video: http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=511633ad-ed6f-4fcd-aaa4-7f16a0c8ed2f

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
With respect, West Forsyth being at that 7 on 7 at Ohio state seems to me to be more of a recruiting stunt for KJ Henry. I could be wrong but a random team from NC who isn't a national power house isn't exactly at the top of the invite list. I've seen the videos of them doing well, and I believe very well they are the top team from the triad. They should have been apart of the 7 on 7 tournament in NC. Smarter and you get to test your team against similar benchmarks.

To contend in the playoffs they will need caldwell, and they will need a semi-skilled QB. It's the first week of football and the star RB is trying to transfer out and your QB's are in a battle to start and also explored there transfer options. If they all stay and everything settles down they have the power to make a run in December.

Agree 100% that Ohio St was behind the 7 on 7 invite for KJ Henry.... then he eliminated them when he cut his list to 5 after that 7 on 7... lol... I think Clemson has been the front runner the whole time but you got to take advantage of these free invites. A part of me thinks Marcus has gotten less media coverage because of KJ's National attention, he's flying under the radar.

2 weeks ago West Forsyth was invited to the National 7 on 7 at Ohio State University and finished 4th in front of Maxpreps. They were very impressed. I will say Marcus Caldwell made an incredible TD catch in double coverage to win over a Nationally ranked team and get them into the final four.
Now; let's be real, it's just 7 on 7 and that doesn't really mean much because its not real football. Contact is real football..

I'm NOT sure if Marcus is still on the team. I hope both sides work this out. Don't care to see Marcus on Last Chance U.

Marcus made ESPN last year with this video: http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=511633ad-ed6f-4fcd-aaa4-7f16a0c8ed2f

Heard that Marcus was did not ride back from the team after the Ohio St. visit. Not sure if something happened up there to start the transfer/dismissal talk.

Well I heard something definitely happened and after catching that great td he proceeded to celebrate and verbally berate anyone trying to calm him down. Frustrated for not being targeted that much in the event. He's frustrated (and maybe jealous) that KJ gets all the attention from the staff. After a heated talk with the entire Titan staff it just look like KFC (Marcus) was going to have to transfer. But I don't see how he's gonna leave and it's my hope that he humbles himself and for the sake of his teammates help West reach the mountain top. Cause I've also heard the powers that be in Clemmons are not gonna let KFC leave. (And that's all I will say on that) But I think Ferg needs to find KFC and sit him down and try to reason with him by making him feel that he's cared for and not just football!!!!

Oh boy... West better get that team chemistry going. I don't care how talented they are, they aren't winning states unless everyone is on the same page, coaches and players.

As @CPC4LIFE i think said earlier caldwell wasn't even the lead rusher, etc. I think if I'm west forsyth one of my biggest concerns is caldwell staying. He was limited last season because he is the biggest offensive threat West Forsyth has in there pocket. Defensive coordinators come in and look to stop him and that's why his yards are limited. The small scrawny QB isn't what they were worried about. He really is a pivotal role on that team. With him, the QB situation settleted and the defense they have on site they may not win states but they will put up the good fight

Yeah heard Grainger and Grimsley talking about winning the C-Ship a few weeks ago.

My comment was not about hopes or dreams but more align of reality

On paper West is as loaded as I've seen them or they're comparable with the '90 & '94 teams. I think the staff at West just needs to sit KFC down and shoot straight to the kid and give him some TOUGH love. But as someone stated earlier he wasn't the leading rusher last year and that bothers KFC cause he feels his touches are few!! I think the kid can be reeled into the fold but he has to held accountable off the field and kept close. And just be honest with the kid about on the field stuff cause he's the biggest weapon they have and he's just looking for Beal-like touches.

West was a top contender for a State title out of the Triad area a few months ago from some fans. Then I heard they lost their best OL to injury for the season. Then they lose OC Kevin Wallace who was suppose to take their offense to the next level. He takes the HC job at NW Guilford and rightfully so. To be honest the guy should've been the HC at Glenn. Now their biggest offensive weapon is gone. With all that said it really looks like there are some major issues going on over at West. I heard from a parent that that their is a lot of jealousy toward some of the higher recruits on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT