ADVERTISEMENT

Over-Hauled CPC should be a battle of East & West Forsyth

I believe you would know better than anyone else sammyk haha!
If he really did transfer parkland basically just won the lottery, he is a good player and overall athlete big loss for west forsyth program. He led the team in receiving yards and second in rushing yards. West Forsyth now only has Matt Duke who only got good touches during blowout win games. CPC is now an open conference in my mind

Reactions: Warhead1
If he really did transfer parkland basically just won the lottery, he is a good player and overall athlete big loss for west forsyth program. He led the team in receiving yards and second in rushing yards. West Forsyth now only has Matt Duke who only got good touches during blowout win games. CPC is now an open conference in my mind
I think I have to agree with you ForsythFootball. My question is did West really lose their best O-linemen or is that just another rumor. So far most of the rumors on here about West have been true this off-season.

Also how good is Davie, Reagan, and Glenn? I know we have all talked about them to some point but is there anyone on here that can give some better breakdowns of each teams strengths and weaknesses? Only thing I hear about Glenn is the Defense is a year older, the QB is going to App, and they have the fastest slot WR is the area. Reagan is they are young and will be well coached. Really nothing has been said on here about Davie that I can remember. What are they looking like?

Marcus Caldwell is a devastating loss, I wish him all the luck in the world at Parkland.

As far as West Forsyth, I wonder if Jaquan "McMillion" will see significant playing time at RB with Matt Duke. That kid is awesome, very athletic & super fast but you'll be risking him being banged up and battered... his natural position is DB/ReturnMan

If the kid didnt want to be there and this was truly an ego issue then its addition by subtraction. I dont care if he was Earl Campbell. Its not like bball where one kid can carry a squad but one malcontent can destroy one quickly.

West has alot of talent. I was skeptical of state tiltle chances even with Caldwell but his loss doesnt make a big difference in my mind. They will still be good and it will be WF and EF battling it out for 1st place.

West forsyth's problem becomes they just lost the guy who's being carrying them. Any pass play and run play majority of the time went to caldwell and as an athlete they counted on him to make something happen. Matt Duke becomes RB1 and has no major game experience he only got touches in blowout win games. So my immediate assumption is that in the third and fourth quarter when they need to run the clock out when they are up by 30 they put this guy in and with an entire defense targeting how to stop him he won't be getting those yards now.

While I agree, football isn't a one man sport. His impact will certainly reflect the west forsyth offense as well as the parkland offense.

Things haven't seemed right with Marcus's amount of touches the past two years. At most, he carried 15 times with 3 catches.I thought he was hurt but now; it was deeper than that...

It never made any since to me, they would run him in that damn wildcat and everybody in the stadium knew he was getting the ball... but it goes beyond football and to the basketball court where he's really good... his minutes were reduced last year on a very talented team.

It just seems like something wasn't right with him and the school... both on a different sheet of music. He'll get mega-touches at Parkland and plenty of BB minutes. Thanks for everything Marcus! was the Starting RB since 9th grade.

Seems like a huge disparity in this kids roll as it relates to posters on this thread. One guy says he is the focal point of the offense other guys say he wasnt getting enough touches. I have only seen the kid once, great talent..dont think he was elite. Step below Beal in my opinion.

Either way it doesnt matter. If the kid is disgruntled in 7 on 7's its only gonna get worse. Let him move on and WF can get down to the business of taking care of winning football games

Seems like a huge disparity in this kids roll as it relates to posters on this thread. One guy says he is the focal point of the offense other guys say he wasnt getting enough touches. I have only seen the kid once, great talent..dont think he was elite. Step below Beal in my opinion.

Either way it doesnt matter. If the kid is disgruntled in 7 on 7's its only gonna get worse. Let him move on and WF can get down to the business of taking care of winning football games
If you check West Forsyths stats they uploaded to maxpreps, Caldwell began to lose touches at RB because he over the season moved more into a WR position. So last season instead of having (this is a made up number for an example 200 yards rushing) he has about 100 rushing 100 receiving and so on. He had the most overall yards I'm not exactly sure what others are talking about.

Agreed he is a step below beal. He'll succeed at parkland.

Reactions: Veejay4
Although Dudley's still the heavy favorite, Caldwell to Parkland makes this conference race a little more interesting now.

CPC was open anyhow as far as we're concerned in Kernersville. West wasn't running away with anything with Caldwell and a ? at quarterback and they definitely aren't now. Eagle Pride!!

CPC was open anyhow as far as we're concerned in Kernersville. West wasn't running away with anything with Caldwell and a ? at quarterback and they definitely aren't now. Eagle Pride!!

Oops. I forgot this was a CPC thread. I'm still stuck in "old CPC" mode.

About what was expected this evening. Defense is ahead of the offense with things dialed down both offensively and defensively. Won't really be able to tell a lot until the trip to Raleigh next Saturday. Eagle Pride!!

I thought East looked young at moments and I assumed they were giving back-ups a lot of reps. In their first scrimmage the defense looked stout early but there was a few holes in the secondary. Offensively East had some drops but their qb looked ok to me. If he continues to progress this season he should be an asset this year!! I thought Tabor looked pretty good and was the best team I saw tonight. Leesville Road was a solid club that looked well coached and had a good offensive attack. They looked on par with East to me tonight.

If that kid did enroll at Parkland, it is not a done deal for him to play until he either moves or get's a waiver. And I believe a waiver is highly unlikely. Forsyth do have a transfer policy, but that must be done during the open enrollment. Not in July. We will see what happens.

EF probably was playing a few more backups as the Mt. Tabor Jamboree got moved to Thursday. So that is back to back scrimmages.

1whoknows you're correct. The goal wasn't to set out and look like the best team in a scrimmage. A lot of youngsters played and again East was keeping it close to the vest. East best kids on JV get a lot of reps who are 8 quartered on Fridays. We don't mind not looking like the best team these next couple days. We're establishing depth. Eagle Pride!!

I went out to Deaton Thompson tonight and saw East Forsyth. When they played against ND they had their starters in and their Defense looked pretty darn good for a team that lost so many Seniors {35 or so} last year. They were playing starters in the 1st and looked like they were playing 2nd and 3rd team guys at different times in the 2nd.

1.) I'm hearing something has happened to the Ronald Reagan starting Quarterback. Any raider fans that could elaborate what happened?

At event in fayetteville the other night-Opposing player didn't stop after the whistle. Jerked him down from behind. Probably did some major damage to his knee. Quarterbacks were not supposed to be tackled to the ground so I was told.
QB only has a bad sprain in his knee. Still evaluating if his ankle needs surgery. If not he might be back in a couple weeks

Could be between East Forsyth and Glenn. Davie was SHUTOUT by Statesville and West Forsyth lost 23-14 to Crest with a new coach and offensive and defensive system.

Unless Glenn has shored up it's defense don't see how you figure Glenn may be a deciding factor in the conference. They haven't beaten East since before the Obama administration and East won't allow a track meet and I don't figure it'll change this year. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in any of these scrimmages from anyone. Real ammo starts flying from now on. No more speculation. Eagle Pride!! Sanderson on deck. Tough one.

Unless Glenn has shored up it's defense don't see how you figure Glenn may be a deciding factor in the conference. They haven't beaten East since before the Obama administration and East won't allow a track meet and I don't figure it'll change this year. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in any of these scrimmages from anyone. Real ammo starts flying from now on. No more speculation. Eagle Pride!! Sanderson on deck. Tough one.
Glenn has a strong offense this year, but the defense is weak. Ive said time and time again any big game they win will be like the Glenn-NWG game last year high scoring on both sides with awful defense on both sides.

West forsyth may have lost some scrimmage, but today cathloic barely beat east meck i believe as well as butler and south meck played to a almost tie game. real football starts next week and with no caldwell the CPC turns into a three way free for all with Glenn,East and West.. the others not to far behind

Caldwell didn't make West a clear cut favorite over East with a question mark at quarterback. You gotta have a qb almost in Pop Warner now. It's made things more interesting in Clemmons but I don't believe West was running away with anything. As a matter of fact we KVille folks hate Caldwell isn't there any longer. We want West at their best just like Glenn. We know the streak against Glenn has to end sometime but from what I'm reading and understanding to be returning for both teams I don't believe it'll be this year. If there is a year to get East around here this is the year. Talented but young.

Anyone know if north forsyth fan I think that's his name gonna do the predictions for Forsyth Co? I think he started last year took a hiatus of some sort. I suppose it could be started this week by anyone. Those were enjoyable.

Anyone know if north forsyth fan I think that's his name gonna do the predictions for Forsyth Co? I think he started last year took a hiatus of some sort. I suppose it could be started this week by anyone. Those were enjoyable.
Id been working on mine just had to do some stat and roster research and just posted it, feel free to agree or challenge some of the thoughts i had

West Forsyth looked a little soft against Crest the other nite ending up losing 23-14 I thought they might push my undersized Chargers around that was not the case!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Appreciate that Forsyth it's all sports talk. I appreciate everyone's insight and opinions. It wouldn't be worth it if we always agreed. Having said that let the picks and the season begin. Week 1 always tricky when you don't have a lot of info on some teams.

I really think that both East Forsyth and West Forsyth could lose their openers this week. West should win as I don't think Lake Norman is as good as they were a few years ago. I think East Forsyth might get beat pretty easily as I've said before. I really hope they make me eat those words lol. 1st I do think that East is a good team this year but they are really young. With young teams they get better as the season goes as I've stated before. Sanderson is loaded with D1 veteran players and in some peoples polls they are a top 3 team in the East and Top 10 in the 4A. I think if they played East around week 6 or 7 I would like East chances a lot more. From what I saw at the scrimmages East is very talented but they are just not clicking as well as they need to be to beat a team like Sanderson early. I could see Sanderson winning by 3 TDs or more if the East offense turns the ball over early. If they don't I still seeing East losing by 14. I think this will be a great learning experience for the young Eagles team and look for them to be a very dangerous team come conference play once they figure out who replaces Beal and Cone's production. East is 1 year away and will be the team to beat next year I think.

If I had to pick a score I would say
West - 27
Lake Norman - 13

Sanderson - 40
East Forsyth - 20

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Warhead have you seen film on Sanderson? They have 1 D1 recruit maybe 1 and a half at the most. The East you saw at the scrimmages were a lot of 8 quarter kids and things were kept vanilla on purpose. I too am close to picking Sanderson because of the veteran team vs East youth but I doubt a blow out is happening. This is the first game with a lot of unknown variables. I hope you're wrong too. East has 2 seniors starting on defense so yes Sandersons best bet would be to jump on them with all the youth. Having said that they better jump on them because these kids are every bit the talent coming they need some games under their belt. We won't be ourselves hopefully.

Reactions: ForsythFootball
I stand corrected @Warhead they also have a RB back being recruited by NC State. 9 returning starters on offense and defense. Sounds like a tall order. Let's go. Eagle Pride!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT