ADVERTISEMENT

4th Ranked West Forsyth (7-0) & RB G’Mone Wilson has its way with East Forsyth

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
The Score 21-10 doesn’t give it justice. West dominated East Forsyth, with Soph 3rd string RB (that was in late August but he’s a current co-starter) ran wild...this Soph RB G’Mone y Wilson (160yds 18 carries) is a Rising Superstar Div-1 Star, nearing 1000 rushing yards in 5 games. The College Scout world is about to explode on him. His Speed & Hudl video is ridiculous..Mack Duke ran for 95yds while the West Defense just plain shut East QB Bullins down! KJ Henry was so disruptive! Violent Stuff

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/pr...cle_61e9d0f3-d6d8-5035-9762-e3542633e561.html

Last edited:
Soph RB G’Mone Wilson had 160yds 2 TD’s on 18 carries vs East Forsyth D..... East didn’t think West could run on them.

Last edited:
What were we supposed to say? Yep he should tote it for a buck and some change and hope we hold on? We had every reason to believe up until tonight no one could steadily rush the football against us.

Nothing we can do about all the 3 and outs. Don't care how stout our D is like last week without sustained drives a defense will wear down.

Hats off to West for a complete game. They are the better team this year.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I will disagree with you CPC. This game was very close even though West dominated the stats in the end. East was down 14-3 going into halftime after holding West to 2 FG's and a TD. West did Dominate the 1st half in stats but couldn't finish the drives with TDs. East came out in the 2nd half went all the way down field and scored making it 14-10. West then went 3 and out or it was really close to that. East had the ball and was driving again before a horrible snap killed that drive. If not for the bad snap I really think East may go on to score making it 17-14 then who knows how that one plays out. Instead for whatever reason when East had all the momentum they went for a really bad fake punt. That then gave the ball to West on the East 40. They had the crowd back into it I would just like to see Coach Willert be more patient and play field position. Then a few plays later after the fake gone wrong West scored as the exhausted East defense couldn't seem to do anymore. I went to the last 2 East Forsyth games and that defense must have played 85 snaps against Page and it had to be close to 70 snaps tonight against West. I don't care who you are you can't win any game with your D on the field that much. You could look out there and tell West had a seasoned team with a bunch of older kids and East looked really young. East most explosive player is #3 Chaplin. He is a 5'7" Darrin Sproles looking firecracker and is only a sophomore. East entire Oline is nothing but Juniors and most of their WRs and RBs are Sophomores and Juniors. The same goes for the Defense. They are only starting 3 or so Sr's.

I said it before and I'll say it again everyone is acting like this is some kind of big win but I told you all that East Forsyth was going to be WAY down. They lost entirely too much. I think they are still the 3rd best team tied with Davie like I said 3 Months ago.

I know Glenn will be very excited to get a win over East but they're not playing the East of the last few years. This East team is very lucky to be 4-3 right now. In my mind Sanderson should have beat them too. They could really be 3-4 and I'm not trying to take shots at your team East fans. I know your DC Coach Beal from his time back at NWG and he's a hell of a great coach but you guys lost 40 seniors and are starting kids that are only 15 years old against the best teams in the Triad. I know Coach Willert will have these guys in the weight room all year and they will be ready to go next year. I know you fans don't like to hear that but guess what all good teams eventually have to rebuild.

@Warhead1 pretty much spot on about our defense. Too many snaps like I intimated earlier and you just said when you 3 and out so much you began to neutralize your D.

Not quite sure I follow you on our record though. As easy as you stated we should've lost to Sanderson on a fine defensive performance we could be just as easily beaten Tabor and should have. Game was in hand.

Its a lack of execution and some ill advised play calls. You get that with youth and desperation if you coach long enough. Our qb play needs to improve also.

We will agree to disagree Warhead, Key thing you said, “West did dominate 1st half but didn’t finish drives”: that happened in the 2nd half as well when West got to the East 10 and didn’t get any points after bad snap over the head lost 20yds. You made my point for me....West should have scored much more. When was the last time 2RBs ran for 255yds on the East defense? West has a nice passing game with #12 and really didn’t need it.

When your O-line imposes it’s will on the other team; they seem to quit. Yes, The Winston Salem journal quoted West RB’s as saying East defense was quitting.

I went to the game last night. Left after West got 21 points on the board. I haven't seen East look like this in a while. They're offense is anemic. I still don't know how I feel about West, but I will say they controlled the game last night.

Glenn is probably going to beat East for the first time in a long time.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
@UNCG-Grad FYI.., not sure you follow the game! West has gone to the final four (West 4AA) and Final 8 in the State the last 2yrs. when these dudes were Sophmores & Juniors ... a lock for 3rd Rd or better this year. The program has averaged around 10 wins for the past 5 seasons and have been a #1 seed and beaten a #1 seed! = Football Program

More Video on Soph RB G’Mone Wilson vs East Forsyth:

Last edited:
And always lose to Charlotte schools. In order for WF to be considered elite, it needs to win a state championship. I do follow the game, by the way. That’s how I know that WF always lays an egg in the playoffs.

Here we go with the elite gotta win state title convo again. I don't recall anyone on here not saying East or West needs to get it done. We get it here in Forsyth Co. and are just as tired of waiting.

Riddle me this if by some of you alls standards a program isn't "elite" until it wins a state title then how long does the elite last after winning said title, by your standards is Cummings, Thomasville, West Charlotte, Independence etc.....still elite because they won state titles previously?

East and West both won titles before some of your schools in Charlotte were thought about. We all get it's been a long time coming and we were painfully close a couple years ago but we understand what they say about close.....

I'm glad the NFL doesn't decide if their players are elite worthy of the Hall of Fame by some of you all standards otherwise dudes like Marino, Kelly, Seau etc... wouldn't be in. That argument has many holes to it.

Nobody on here said anything and I'm no West homer (East) but I'm a Forsyth Co. homer also and would like for once if we could talk football in our community until we do get it done without some Charlotte ( Meck Co) poster coming on here trying to feel good about themselves making up the rules to elitism as usual.

We're on to the K'Ville Cup and trying to figure out how my Eagles gonna keep it this year. You all seem to be the class again this year Creek, Catholic relax no one coming for you all yet.

West is 4AA I'm riding them and whatever team from our county to states. It's some pride in our county too believe it or not.

Please just stop. I dont see anyone saying anything about having to win a title. If you want to make the East Forsyth arguement then thats fine but West Forsyth?? They havent sniffed anything close to elite in 20+ years.

Seriously- Just about everyone makes the playoffs and if your in Forsyth county and have a average team your getting 8 wins . 8 wins usually buys you a decent seed which means normally you get a below .500 team in round 1.

They have been to the 3rd round 3 times in 15 years and have scored a grand total of 27 points in those 3 games. Avg margin of loss is like 35 points.

Come on.....lets set the bar a little higher than winning 2 playoff games in order to be elite. Mallard Creek went out in the 2nd round last year and you would have thought the sky was falling. West Forsyth does it every year and there elite?

Reactions: nepsy7
Here we go with the elite gotta win state title convo again. I don't recall anyone on here not saying East or West needs to get it done. We get it here in Forsyth Co. and are just as tired of waiting.

Riddle me this if by some of you alls standards a program isn't "elite" until it wins a state title then how long does the elite last after winning said title, by your standards is Cummings, Thomasville, West Charlotte, Independence etc.....still elite because they won state titles previously?

East and West both won titles before some of your schools in Charlotte were thought about. We all get it's been a long time coming and we were painfully close a couple years ago but we understand what they say about close.....

I'm glad the NFL doesn't decide if their players are elite worthy of the Hall of Fame by some of you all standards otherwise dudes like Marino, Kelly, Seau etc... wouldn't be in. That argument has many holes to it.

Nobody on here said anything and I'm no West homer (East) but I'm a Forsyth Co. homer also and would like for once if we could talk football in our community until we do get it done without some Charlotte ( Meck Co) poster coming on here trying to feel good about themselves making up the rules to elitism as usual.

We're on to the K'Ville Cup and trying to figure out how my Eagles gonna keep it this year. You all seem to be the class again this year Creek, Catholic relax no one coming for you all yet.

West is 4AA I'm riding them and whatever team from our county to states. It's some pride in our county too believe it or not.

I'm a Forsyth County guy (and specifically East guy) myself but I gotta say the over the top homer CPC is a little too much. Just gets comical. A guy gets a sack and he'll post 100 Hudl videos and claim him ready for the NFL. Gives all normal Forsyth County fans a bad name. I just like to think of him as our village idiot. Everybody has one right?

Tone it down a bit and you might seem a little more credible man.

Reactions: nepsy7
@UNCG-Grad FYI.., not sure you follow the game! West has gone to the final four (West 4AA) and Final 8 in the State the last 2yrs. when these dudes were Sophmores & Juniors ... a lock for 3rd Rd or better this year. The program has averaged around 10 wins for the past 5 seasons and have been a #1 seed and beaten a #1 seed! = Football Program

More Video on Soph RB G’Mone Wilson vs East Forsyth:

You are the 1st person I have ever heard mention WF=Football program..........EVER! Looks like they're having a good season this year, but come on man. LMAO!

You read @UNCGrad2014 comments he specifically states for West to be considered elite they need to win a state title.

My issue isn't the bar being set too low or high but that no one was coming after any of the Meck Co. schools.

I don't believe anyone needs reminding from Forsyth Co. about our run of futility. I could understand if we began to beat our chest over here but with the exception of a couple over the top posters we're relatively quiet.

Everything else posted about us and our posters was not only true but also funny. Don't mind the banter but can we at least earn it by coming after you Charlotte folks first.

I have to hear this every year from Coach Barnes (Creek) and there's nothing I can even say about it.

That's a lot of what it's about. By the way, Catholic isn't worrying about any of the Forsyth county schools anyway. They're 3A(small) this year.

Nepsy, One thing for sure East & West Forsyth went further than Mallard Creek last year. Maybe Meck Co. other than illegal Catholic should be playing Janet Jackson’s song “What have you done for me lately” while living off the Jaylen Samuels Days.

@CPC4LIFE, Page went further than all 3 of those teams the past 2 years. Mallard Creek has gotten it done recently and they are one of the elite teams in the state, no question about it. East and West Forsyth cannot say the same, simple as that. Both schools have solid run programs at the moment, no doubt, but until you get to the big one multiple times and win (atleast) one, you cannot say the same.

Nepsy, One thing for sure East & West Forsyth went further than Mallard Creek last year. Maybe Meck Co. other than illegal Catholic should be playing Janet Jackson’s song “What have you done for me lately” while living off the Jaylen Samuels Days.

Wow! Do you realize what you are saying? Not intelligent.

Actually Mallard Creek won 2 State Championships after Samuels. When did Catholic become illegal? What a dumb post. Maybe you should get some more informed guys in the area to assist you when you post. You're the nut job who makes the Dumb post every year about Forsyth Football, like a teenage girl drooling over a boyband. How about posting a picture of the State Championship Trophy case of East & West the last 10 years? Show me picture's of them playing in the State Championship game?

SILENCE!

053d9a024325f30603916c7f9c7f25f9.jpg

Last edited:
Actually Mallard Creek won 2 State Championships after Samuels. When did Catholic become illegal? What a dumb post. Maybe you should get some more informed guys in the area to assist you when you post. You're the nut job who makes the Dumb post every year about Forsyth Football, like a teenage girl drooling over a boy band. How about posting a picture of the State Championship Trophy case of East & West the last 10 years? Show me picture's of them playing in the State Championship game?

SILENCE!

053d9a024325f30603916c7f9c7f25f9.jpg
As I said, village idiot. You guys want to take him in Meck Co.?

And I don’t know anything about football

So for the powers that be how far back with state titles do you go before you say a programs championships does not make them an "elite" program any longer and I use the example of Burlington Cummings.

Of course everyone on here understands Cummings storied history of state titles however as of late their program has been brought to its knees almost. Are they grandfathered in as an elite program or otherwise?

If a team wins a couple state titles recently and wins no more your argument is their program is elite because they did it multiple times recently or is it the body of work over the programs history?

Asking for a friend......

So for the powers that be how far back with state titles do you go before you say a programs championships does not make them an "elite" program any longer and I use the example of Burlington Cummings.

Of course everyone on here understands Cummings storied history of state titles however as of late their program has been brought to its knees almost. Are they grandfathered in as an elite program or otherwise?

If a team wins a couple state titles recently and wins no more your argument is their program is elite because they did it multiple times recently or is it the body of work over the programs history?

I dont know who the powers that be are but for me I look at 5-10 year runs and I consider appearances in regional finals to be step one, then consistency over that 5-10 year run. In other words you cant have one good year and then drop back down for two.

I dont consider East Forsyth or Vance a state power but its close. West Forsyth isnt even in the discussion yet. Catholic, Dudley, Mallard Creek, Wake Forest, Butler, Scotland, Page. That would be my list right now and obviously changes with Dudley and Catholic moving down.

I dont consider Richmond a state power. I think New bern has now dropped off. If East Forsyth or Vance reach the regional final this year they would get in. West Forsyth??? Nah. Just so were clear its not a Charlotte thing. I consider West Forsyth and Hough at about the same level.

Reactions: PagePirates44
It’s not a Charlotte thing. I played at Richmond County, and I’ll admit that they’re not a state power anymore. I’m simply saying that until West Forsyth makes numerous western finals, at least, they will not even enter an argumentative conversation of being considered a state power. The reality of the situation is Triad football isn’t as competitive as other areas around the state, even less than Guilford County (that’s really come along the past decade). Regular season competiton prepares you for the playoffs, and when your non-conference is weak, and your conference does not present many challenges, you run into tough teams that are more battle-tested, that simple. Nothing personal.

Reactions: PagePirates44

Page is a perfect example..

Back in the 80s and into the 90s we were considered elite..
then into the 2000s, we shrunk down and were no longer elite..
until the 2011 title happened (which includes back to back wins against Butler and MC) and then has been reinforced with the recent successes.
It took Page over 10 years to get back to elite status.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
I appreciate the insight I just sometimes think that's automatically thrown at Forsyth Co. I'm not sure about not being competitive but may be we're just not consistently competitive.

I attribute that more to our county situation (too many high schools) than I think we just don't play good football. I feel as though EF is close to that status and do agree we gotta get it done to be considered.

We gotta close the gap of consistent competitiveness though. We can't be competitive in 12 against Butler and then don't hear from us again until 15 Creek. Don't know how much of that can change and all though we have choice its still just too many high schools for our county (population).

I appreciate the insight I just sometimes think that's automatically thrown at Forsyth Co. I'm not sure about not being competitive but may be we're just not consistently competitive.

I attribute that more to our county situation (too many high schools) than I think we just don't play good football. I feel as though EF is close to that status and do agree we gotta get it done to be considered.

We gotta close the gap of consistent competitiveness though. We can't be competitive in 12 against Butler and then don't hear from us again until 15 Creek. Don't know how much of that can change and all though we have choice its still just too many high schools for our county (population).

I think its a combination of too many high schools and no middle school ball.

I was going to say before others beat me to it... Forsyth County needs to get rid of Pop Warner and start using the middle schools. That would also possibly require the abolishment of open enrollment, and I don't think either will happen lol.

I was going to say before others beat me to it... Forsyth County needs to get rid of Pop Warner and start using the middle schools. That would also possibly require the abolishment of open enrollment, and I don't think either will happen lol.
I don’t think not having middle school has anything to do with open enrollment, it’s a money thing.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
It's 100% a money thing as to why Forsyth County doesn't have middle school football. They just finally added middle school softball and baseball this year!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT