ADVERTISEMENT

4AA West Predictions Round 3

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
There are two things very interesting about this rugged bracket. Hough secured a huge win over conference opponent Mallard Creek . Some thought this bracket became wide open with Mallard Creek's loss. Not exactly as this bracket was wide open from the time it was drawn. There were six teams in this bracket that were able to either strongly challenge for or win the state championship. Four of them are still standing. Of course the upset was Hough over Mallard Creek. Hough has had the talent. They've battled some injuries and under achieving up until that game. Vance and Richmond rolled on. Myers Park was my other upset alert pick from last week that won. I'd make Richmond a slight favorite to win this bracket mainly because they have home field. It should be a very fun and interesting bracket to watch. Last week I went 3-1 in this bracket and am 6-2 for the playoffs. This week's predictions are below.

Vance 25 Hough 19

Richmond 29 Myers Park 28

Hough 24
Vance 20
Richmond plays their game in front of a home crowd. Must hold on to the ball. Take nothing for granted. Meyers pk. Is not coming here to lose. Look what happened to #1 M.Creek. It's no gimmes from here out. RAIDERS FOOTBALL. ..YES WE CAN...GO RAIDERS. ..

Richmond 35
Meyers Pk.20

Great pick on the MP pick last week. I see the winner of the Vance/Hough matchup as a slight favorite being that they will be battle hardened like no other team in the state.

The Richmond Raiders became BATTLE HARDENED the first 5 weeks of the season and their CONFERENCE schedule was no cakewalk. I think we got this. Heads up guys...don't fall asleep. "TURNOVERS KILL" we done this before. GO RAIDERS...

Hough/Vance is a toss up to me. Obviously Hough is playing good right now and has to be feeling good after their Creek win. Vance looks solid all around. I think Vance takes this one. I can’t give a score. To close to call.

Richmond/MP pick is going to shock everyone. Yes I am a diehard Raider fan, however this was the only team I didn’t want to see in the playoffs (I felt our chances were better against other teams). I hope I’m wrong, but I just think MP is the most talented team in the playoffs. I could be wrong, maybe somebody who has played them could elaborate more. I think this Raider team is one year removed from greatness. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong. I guarantee this, if MP face a Raider team who is all gas and mistake free like this past Friday night, it’s going to be a long ride back to Charlotte for MP. My heart is picking the Raiders, but I’m a realest and my brain is picking MP, but like I said I’m PRAYING I’m wrong lol.

Hough/Vance is a toss up to me. Obviously Hough is playing good right now and has to be feeling good after their Creek win. Vance looks solid all around. I think Vance takes this one. I can’t give a score. To close to call.

Richmond/MP pick is going to shock everyone. Yes I am a diehard Raider fan, however this was the only team I didn’t want to see in the playoffs (I felt our chances were better against other teams). I hope I’m wrong, but I just think MP is the most talented team in the playoffs. I could be wrong, maybe somebody who has played them could elaborate more. I think this Raider team is one year removed from greatness. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong. I guarantee this, if MP face a Raider team who is all gas and mistake free like this past Friday night, it’s going to be a long ride back to Charlotte for MP. My heart is picking the Raiders, but I’m a realest and my brain is picking MP, but like I said I’m PRAYING I’m wrong lol.
Diehard Raider fan, and you pick MP? C’mon man! Has your brain played tricks on you before? Asking for a MP friend!

Diehard Raider fan, and you pick MP? C’mon man! Has your brain played tricks on you before? Asking for a MP friend!

I think it is playing tricks on me. My heart and green and gold, but I keep saying they young and they need more experience. That’s the only factor. No matter what, I’m proud and will be in Raider Stadium at 7:30 to lose my voice for cheering for that Green and Gold!

No UNDERDOGS now. Richmond has experience by now... theyve seen the big boy atmosphere several times this year already... if they keep doing what they do, no stupid mistake and they should win. GO RAIDERS. ..

Honestly, I think the Richmond and Meyers Park game will come down to pass coverage. Pass accuracy essential. .. The young quarterbacks. GO RAIDERS .

Reactions: RaiderNation01
@GreenandGold I totally understand where you are coming from; I told someone the other day that Richmond Db's better be in shape and how good are they; I think if the DL can pressure the young QB then we will fair pretty good, if not its going to be a long damn night. I am too a Dire hard Richmond Raider and if you cut me I bleed Kelly Green and Old Gold but this game is a toss up and I am a realest; survive and advance is the name of the game in the playoffs, come on Raiders Myers Park and Hough are coming off Big Wins so hopefully they will be living in past or the previous week.

Reactions: Raiderdev23
Those are honest opinions. I concur. The truth is all 4 teams left could probably beat the other on any given night. It really comes down to timing and coaching. Timing in that each team had better be playing their best ball right now. They should have their rhythm and be in sync at this point. Coaching would apply to the right game plan and adjustments made in-game. Chess,not checkers here.

The fact that these teams are all in the same tier in my opinion, makes for a very interesting 4aa west bracket now. These should be two great games with another the following week. I would love to see a year when we are good enough to have an off night and beat a good team at this time, but that's not the case. This is better for the fans on all sides.

I also think this will be good for Coach Till. Obviously doing a great job along with his staff, playing some of the best teams in the state will only help as he gets there in years to come. Good experience and sometimes it takes a few visits to break through. I'm glad we are here and closer drive than Charlotte for me. Go Raiders!

Amazes me how some people think someone can't be a fan and want their team to win but know when someone else is better or just as good. I always want Richmond to win but there are times (thank God it is rare) that I know we are outgunned.

That's not necessarily the case this game. I haven't seen MP play but on paper it would appear to be a very even game. I'd like to be wrong and see Richmond win by 30. :)

Close game. Good matchup. Young QB in a hostile enviroment. Also a pretty young coaching staff that hasnt been on this stage before. Late turnover or two costs MP i think.

Amazes me how some people think someone can't be a fan and want their team to win but know when someone else is better or just as good. I always want Richmond to win but there are times (thank God it is rare) that I know we are outgunned.

That's not necessarily the case this game. I haven't seen MP play but on paper it would appear to be a very even game. I'd like to be wrong and see Richmond win by 30. :)

It's hard to tell. They've played 3 good teams all year. They lost to one. They squeaked by Porter Ridge, and they demolished Butler last week in the rematch. Was that Butler Rust or Myers Park gelling? I KNOW they are good, but HOW good is the million dollar question.

Either way, tonight, both of these teams will face the best team they've played all year. The unknown is fascinating.

It's hard to tell. They've played 3 good teams all year. They lost to one. They squeaked by Porter Ridge, and they demolished Butler last week in the rematch. Was that Butler Rust or Myers Park gelling? I KNOW they are good, but HOW good is the million dollar question.

Either way, tonight, both of these teams will face the best team they've played all year. The unknown is fascinating.

I have to disagree...I think Richmond best opponent was WF. But I get what your saying.

I have to disagree...I think Richmond best opponent was WF. But I get what your saying.

Well.....yeah I guess you're right. I dunno why I've conveniently forgotten about them lol. Whoever wins the west might be moot. Wake is the real deal.

Well.....yeah I guess you're right. I dunno why I've conveniently forgotten about them lol. Whoever wins the west might be moot. Wake is the real deal.
I don’t think Moot will win the West. Their offensive line sucks and they have no running game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT