ADVERTISEMENT

4AA/4A Seeding questions

SimmonsRatings

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2008
Sorry I was not around to ask this yesterday, but...

1) How is Glenn seeded ahead of Reynolds if CPC drawing was Reagan, Reynolds, Glenn and Reynolds beat Glenn head-to-head?

2) How is Providence not a 2 seed - in the past when there is a 3-way tie for first place - and teams go to different brackets - WM went to A and AK and Prov went to AA - WM and AK would get 1's and Providence would get a 2, because AK beat Prov head-to-head. Did they change that rule?

1) Once you get into the playoffs, you are seeded by the adjusted maxpreps rankings after the automatic qualifiers are seeded. Glenn's AMPR was higher than Reynolds and that's why they are seeded ahead of RJ Reynolds

2) I was wondering the same thing...thought West Meck would be seeded with the 2's but they gave them both a 1 seed....not as sure about this one

I made a thread similar to these beefs on CP. Here’s my beef with the seedlings.

As analytical as MaxPreps claims to be, is there not any way to account for a bad nonconfernce record and weak conference champion? For example, there is absolutely no way Ardrey Kell should receive a bye, and Vance have to play in the first round just because they lost to MC, and ran through everyone else. I’m sure that there are other examples around the state similar to this one, but that’s not sensible in my eyes. Computers are fine, but the human element has to step in at some point, especially when this happens. Similar to South Caldwell from last season.

The human element did step in and that is why AK gets the bye. Schools wanted conference champs seeded first. They said teams should be rewarded for winning their conference title (regardless of how weak the conference is, the non conference opponents are, or how bad the record is).

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
1) Once you get into the playoffs, you are seeded by the adjusted maxpreps rankings after the automatic qualifiers are seeded. Glenn's AMPR was higher than Reynolds and that's why they are seeded ahead of RJ Reynolds

2) I was wondering the same thing...thought West Meck would be seeded with the 2's but they gave them both a 1 seed....not as sure about this one

Not sure but since West Meck ties for first place in a three way draw did they get a first place seed when they dropped down. Providence did not get s first place seed due to being in the same subclass as AK which won the draw. Theory only, I am asking.

Not sure but since West Meck ties for first place in a three way draw did they get a first place seed when they dropped down. Providence did not get s first place seed due to being in the same subclass as AK which won the draw. Theory only, I am asking.

That is how it worked in the past. Not sure about the new rankings. But if it is a tie for 1st and one goes big and other small, then both get seeded as number 1.

Reactions: btango
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT