Watauga 35 Asheville 26

Marvin Ridge 35 Sun Valley 28

Alexander Central 31 Cuthbertson 24

South Iredell 38 Northwest Cabarrus 22

A.L. Brown 38 Erwin 23

Southwest Guilford 34 Statesville 13

A.C. Reynolds 44 Parkland 20

Last edited:
You have the 8/9 matchup as the biggest blowout? That should be the closest game out of all of them!

Last edited:
You're right. I did this from a Word document and the "2" didn't come over. Should be 35-26. Thanks for pointing that out.

You're right. I did this from a Word document and the "2" didn't come over. Should be 35-26. Thanks for pointing that out.
No problem. We don't exactly have our best team this year but I was hoping we could have kept it closer than 29 lol.

yall think Alex. Central has a chance to pull some upsets in the later rounds? Do you even see them getting past round 2?

I was just reading about ashevilles matchup with Watauga on maxpreps and it said "Asheville entered its game after having won back-to-back but could not continue its run. It was crushed by Concord First Assembly Academy 31 - 7 last week. Asheville unfortunately couldn't repeat the imposing 37-point effort it came up with in its previous game."

We didn't lose 31-7 last week to concord first assembly. We played west Henderson last week and haven't ever played concord first assembly in our existence. So I assume maxpreps confused Asheville high school with the private Asheville school. And these are the people whose rankings we are using to seed the playoffs? What a joke

yall think Alex. Central has a chance to pull some upsets in the later rounds? Do you even see them getting past round 2?
If they get Sun Valley they're screwed I think. SV is big and experienced up front with one of the best QBs in the state. If they get Marvin I think it'd be an interesting game.

Reactions: Hold the line
I was just reading about ashevilles matchup with Watauga on maxpreps and it said "Asheville entered its game after having won back-to-back but could not continue its run. It was crushed by Concord First Assembly Academy 31 - 7 last week. Asheville unfortunately couldn't repeat the imposing 37-point effort it came up with in its previous game."

We didn't lose 31-7 last week to concord first assembly. We played west Henderson last week and haven't ever played concord first assembly in our existence. So I assume maxpreps confused Asheville high school with the private Asheville school. And these are the people whose rankings we are using to seed the playoffs? What a joke

Exactly. How on earth can they possibly know what is going on when they are so far away from anything going on in NC. I don't understand it. There has got to be a better way.

Just wouldnt surprise me if they lost. Cuthbertson played a tough schedule and played some good teams close. Ac's pass D has been suspect at times this year.
Cuthbertson was destroyed by Catholic and Weddington in back to back weeks. Have some faith in AC, sure they may not be able to make a deep run but I think they can beat Cuthbertson at least. Butch Carter will have them ready.

I don’t see them making it past either SV or MR unfortunately..... I think either of them will be able to move the ball on A-C in the 2nd round

i have a question. who actually made the decision to use the maxpreps ranking to set our playoff pairings? it really makes no sense to me at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT