ADVERTISEMENT

3:45 FINAL Brackets 2022 Posted.

Don’t sleep on the Bulldogs of Albemarle. Their 3-7 record is deceiving as they were only blown out in one game by JM Robinson. Really young with only 3 or 4 seniors but they might surprise some people.

I would not count any SMC team out Robbinsville is in the same spot as Murphy was last year and they went on to the 4th round knocking off the one seed ER. Even if Robbinsville or any SMC team do not win it most likely they make sure you don't win next week Just ask MA or another team that had has to play a SMC during playoff time
Which SMC team beat out MA last year?

Which SMC team beat out MA last year?
I am not talking about last year last time MA and Rville ever played was in 09 in the regional championship and MA won but they was not 100% that next week in the championship. PS. not trying to sound bad but anything can happen especially this late in the season when everyone already beated and battered hope nothing bad happens to one of the kids on any team

I am not talking about last year last time MA and Rville ever played was in 09 in the regional championship and MA won but they was not 100% that next week in the championship. PS. not trying to sound bad but anything can happen especially this late in the season when everyone already beated and battered hope nothing bad happens to one of the kids on any team
I gotcha, this is why as a Starmount fan at 7-3 im worried abt a 2-8 cherokee team. I know the records dont matter a whole lot when you play the conference competition yall do

Ya I understand Cherokee got a good defense when they want to play but it is at starmount and if they win and rville wins that should be a good game idk if they ever played each other?

Reactions: RealStihl
Ya I understand Cherokee got a good defense when they want to play but it is at starmount and if they win and rville wins that should be a good game idk if they ever played each other?
one time in 98 the year starmount won state is what Deana said. I think it would be a fun matchup

Don’t sleep on the Bulldogs of Albemarle. Their 3-7 record is deceiving as they were only blown out in one game by JM Robinson. Really young with only 3 or 4 seniors but they might surprise some people.
It's a long ride to Murphy and 90% of the time a lot longer ride home. South Stanly 1974 players will verify that.

They are not Albemarle fans due to the way they were treated by the AD after the mud bowl playoff game.

I will give my unfiltered and unasked for opinion of this years playoffs. Just a warning, my opinion tends to be very wrong more than right about these things.

Last year I think the East was underrated overall and was stronger than most years. This year as with most it is Tarboro and everyone else. Not sure anyone will even keep it close.

The winner of the west should be tested. On the top half you have, ER, MA, and never count out a wounded Robbinsville. The bottom half has Thomasville, Andrews, the always dangerous Murphy, a rejuvenated Mitchell, and the new kids on the block Draughn.

While there has been lots of trash spewed from all sides I think MA is a favorite to come out of the west if they keep their composure and can handle the pressure that comes in the late rounds. ER should challenge MA. I will be dead honest I don’t know enough about Tville to know what to think. Andrew is just flat out tough and can represent the west. And while there has been a Mitchell/Heritage feud going on between Mitchell/Draughn, Draughn definitely has a high powered offense and their line has played very well and will be a bear for anyone to stop. (Sorry MA for the analogy). IF and it is a big IF Mitchell can come together late they will be a tough out for anyone. They are as healthy as they have been all year. I think on offense they are dangerous but can the defense step up.

Now having said all that.

Congratulations to the Tarboro Vikings for yet another state title. Can’t you all share just a little with the rest of us.

Go Mountaineers

Who would be the favorite.

On paper Robbinsville by a few points at home.
I dont know much abt robbinsville other than what yall say on here, but it sounds to me yall have a stud at RB kinda like we do with dezern. I do see yall being favored by probably two scores at your house. I hope i get to take the 3.5 hr drive up there its what makes this time of year exciting

I will give my unfiltered and unasked for opinion of this years playoffs. Just a warning, my opinion tends to be very wrong more than right about these things.

Last year I think the East was underrated overall and was stronger than most years. This year as with most it is Tarboro and everyone else. Not sure anyone will even keep it close.

The winner of the west should be tested. On the top half you have, ER, MA, and never count out a wounded Robbinsville. The bottom half has Thomasville, Andrews, the always dangerous Murphy, a rejuvenated Mitchell, and the new kids on the block Draughn.

While there has been lots of trash spewed from all sides I think MA is a favorite to come out of the west if they keep their composure and can handle the pressure that comes in the late rounds. ER should challenge MA. I will be dead honest I don’t know enough about Tville to know what to think. Andrew is just flat out tough and can represent the west. And while there has been a Mitchell/Heritage feud going on between Mitchell/Draughn, Draughn definitely has a high powered offense and their line has played very well and will be a bear for anyone to stop. (Sorry MA for the analogy). IF and it is a big IF Mitchell can come together late they will be a tough out for anyone. They are as healthy as they have been all year. I think on offense they are dangerous but can the defense step up.

Now having said all that.

Congratulations to the Tarboro Vikings for yet another state title. Can’t you all share just a little with the rest of us.

Go Mountaineers
I appreciate the vote of confidence but it’s not a shoe in Tarboro wins it all.

The team this year is deeper and more talented overall than last years team - but this team has some flaws that could hurt them in the later rounds.

I appreciate the vote of confidence but it’s not a shoe in Tarboro wins it all.

The team this year is deeper and more talented overall than last years team - but this team has some flaws that could hurt them in the later rounds.
Agreed!
More talent, and I feel better than last years team, but can still have head scratching moments. And that’s okay, they are young team, and you expect that with a young team. I think we are a year away from being like the 17 and 18 squad

I dont know much abt robbinsville other than what yall say on here, but it sounds to me yall have a stud at RB kinda like we do with dezern. I do see yall being favored by probably two scores at your house. I hope i get to take the 3.5 hr drive up there its what makes this time of year exciting
I hope you get to make it.

Agreed!
More talent, and I feel better than last years team, but can still have head scratching moments. And that’s okay, they are young team, and you expect that with a young team. I think we are a year away from being like the 17 and 18 squad
Exactly. A lot of people don’t realize how young this team is. Playing varsity at Tarboro as a sophomore used to be unheard of. Gurley didn’t even play varsity until his junior year.

Now this year our two leading rushers are a freshman and a sophomore.

He played last week vs Hayesville but only kicked XPs and punted.

Yeah, they were the first western team to lose since the 1/a and the 1/a a split. They played in the 1/a that year.

Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT