ADVERTISEMENT

2A West Regional Final..Reidsville vs Brevard

I been wrong on Brevard ever since the playoffs started so I might as well go again. I say Brevard wins 21-13 after being down 13-0. All in good fun to take a shot in the dark.

A few notes:

Brevard (11-3) .... had a 7-game winning streak after losing the season opener to Mountain Heritage 28-14. Blue Devils struggled to a 3-2 record in the conference with losses to Smoky Mountain 28-14 and Pisgah 21-7, a pair of teams that exited in the first round of the playoffs.

Brevard's last six games were all decided by 2 TDs or less after beating Franklin 55-7 on Oct. 12, probably Blue Devils' most impressive win.

All three playoff wins by one-touchdown margins: 14-7 over Eastern Randolph, 21-13 over top-seed Randleman and 20-13 over Wheatmore.

Blue Devils not rolling over anybody but have found a way to win.

Dangerous opponent for Reidsville since the Rams haven't seen any pass-first teams. QB Mitchell Johnson (No. 15) has thrown for 1,688 yards and 21 TDs. Most of the passes go to No. 13 Luke Ellenberger (46 catches, 10 TDs) and No. 2 Breylan Owens (29 catches, 8 TDs). All three are seniors with good size (around 6-1).

Reactions: gridiron guy
I been wrong on Brevard ever since the playoffs started so I might as well go again. I say Brevard wins 21-13 after being down 13-0. All in good fun to take a shot in the dark.

I hope you realize the most points the Rams have given up in any game this year is 14.

Gotta admire your shot in the dark though.:)

I hope you realize the most points the Rams have given up in any game this year is 14.

Gotta admire your shot in the dark though.:)
And Mountain Heritage, which beat Brevard, came to Reidsville with a gaudy streak of six straight games of 50+ points scoring. Mountain Heritage was shut out until the fourth quarter against Reidsville.

Both teams went 3 and out on their first drive.

Brevard with a really nice drive on their 2nd possession with all runs that ends with a Rathbone rushing TD.

Brevard up 7-0

You must of had on night vision goggles, you were dead on the 21. 50% bullseyes in the dark is pretty good.

First time all season that the Rams were behind in second half....and most pts. they've allowed all season (21)...Rams trailed by 11 (21-10) late in the 3rd quarter......thinks looked bleak at that time...but the Rams rallied (mark of a good and well coached team)...........................................Brevard coaches were masterful until the last minutes of the game when they lost their collective minds...........................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT