ADVERTISEMENT

2A WEST BOYS REGIONAL FINALS

Thanks ... I'm going with 77-57 ... the guys from HighSchoolOT were there. They have an article and a video on their website.
Il go with 77-42. We should have won by 35 lol

77-57................scoreboard operator messed up at one point and added points to LCS side of scoreboard....corrected it at the end....................and FACT 24 you're right...if Rams could've been more sharp eyed on the FT line they would have won by 30..............

77-57................scoreboard operator messed up at one point and added points to LCS side of scoreboard....corrected it at the end....................and FACT 24 you're right...if Rams could've been more sharp eyed on the FT line they would have won by 30..............
I believe fatigue was part of that. It was a high tempo game for the longest. They will regroup and be better next week

a little historical trivia some Reidsville fans might be interested in......50 years ago this month (March of 1973) Reidsville completed an undefeated 25-0 season with a 71-55 win over Winston Salem Reynolds to win the 4A state championship.....and where was that game played?? the very place that Reidsville won their Regional title today.....Greensboro Grimsley Gym.......I was there and it was packed to the rafters that nite as well................

• Love
Reactions: Rammer16
12 weeks ago today...the Reidsville Ram football team lost a heart breaking state title game to East Duplin 24-21....What happened when the Rams football players that also play basketball got back to Reidsville???....they went to the Reidsville Gym at the high school for a practice which eventually led to today's win in a Regional final game...........4 of the starters on the BB teams were football players and at least 3 more guys were players in both sports.................

Last edited:
  • Love
12 weeks ago today...the Reidsville Ram football team lost a heart breaking state title game to East Duplin 24-21....What happened when the Rams football players that also play basketball got back to Reidsville???....they went to the Reidsville Gym at the high school for a practice which eventually led to today's win in a Regional final game...........3 of the starters on the BB teams were football players and at least 3 more guys were players in both sports.................

4 starters are football players only Baggett isn’t a f ball player. Which I think Baggett would’ve been a good f ball player as well

you're right 4 starters were football players...brain fart there....I'll use my age as an excuse...lol................

after going to maxpreps and reading the play by play for each bucket I've changed my mind and agree that final score was 77-60..........

Thanks ... I'm going with 77-57 ... the guys from HighSchoolOT were there. They have an article and a video on their website.
77-57 is correct. Somehow, the clock operator added five points to the score before I got it corrected and it correlated with the books.

KANT...I was on the top row of the upper deck....great view....but man y'all gotta do something about those banners.....totally blocks the scoreboard view....also your speakers at the top don't seem to work.....had to strain to hear you.....................what was your impression of the Rams??

KANT...I was on the top row of the upper deck....great view....but man y'all gotta do something about those banners.....totally blocks the scoreboard view....also your speakers at the top don't seem to work.....had to strain to hear you.....................what was your impression of the Rams??

Maybe we can a gane or 2 with the whirlies next season in hoops

I thought it was really impressive to see state championship banners going all the way back to 1907. They had so many I gave up trying to count all of them.

They should allow both teams 2 min to come into court with their hype up song like it’s a home game. But at Grimsley the sound system is so bad you wouldn’t be able to hear it.

Rams played a great game. Will need a similar outing next Saturday. Beat some tough teams on the way. Robinson and Salisbury were as tough as they come. Freshmen Neal & Harrison playing like seasoned veterans. Baggett, Denny, Johnson and Lee providing upperclassman leadership. Fun group of young men to watch!

Like Rambbq I was in attendance at Grimsley in 1973 when Watkins, Courts, Adams, Wilkerson, Richardson and company finished off an undefeated season. I was in junior high at the time!

Nice to hear my old classmate KANT on the PA system.

Mule, I'm also sorry to hear about Dud Apple. A great man.

12 weeks ago today...the Reidsville Ram football team lost a heart breaking state title game to East Duplin 24-21....What happened when the Rams football players that also play basketball got back to Reidsville???....they went to the Reidsville Gym at the high school for a practice which eventually led to today's win in a Regional final game...........4 of the starters on the BB teams were football players and at least 3 more guys were players in both sports.................
That’s awesome love hearing stories like that

The gym at Grimsley was built in 1954 (at least that was the info that I got)....the main campus buildings were built in 1924 (??) and Jamison Stadium opened right after WWII...........................................BTW...Burlington Williams high school looks exactly like Grimsley (at least the old part does)...it too was built in the 1920's..................

Reactions: FreedomAlum
Neal is a problem. Can’t be pressed and if you do, he will take you to the rim, with Kendre ready get easy buckets. Baggett hit some big shots and Lee is good defender. A lack of depth, beyond Tamil, may come to haunt you, but not in 2A. Defensively Rams are solid with a rim protector in Harrison. If he or Neal gets in foul trouble, Short from Farmville could beat Reidsville, but I doubt it. Rams would have finished at least 2nd in Metro 4A.

It will be interesting to see how good Neal will be by senior year. The best point guard from this area Chris Paul was about Neal size as a 9th grader and was playing JV.

Neal is a problem. Can’t be pressed and if you do, he will take you to the rim, with Kendre ready get easy buckets. Baggett hit some big shots and Lee is good defender. A lack of depth, beyond Tamil, may come to haunt you, but not in 2A. Defensively Rams are solid with a rim protector in Harrison. If he or Neal gets in foul trouble, Short from Farmville could beat Reidsville, but I doubt it. Rams would have finished at least 2nd in Metro 4A.

Rams go about 7 deep. At one point rams were 8 deep one of the reserves left the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT