ADVERTISEMENT

2A WEST BOYS REGIONAL FINALS

My sources say gym is packed and that's with a lot of fans leaving after girls game.

9-9 with 2;26 left in first quarter ... Rams hurt by turnovers.

15-9 Rams after first quarter.

Now up 23-11

Last edited:
Despite missing 8 FTs in second period, Reidville is ahead 31-26 at halftime

58-36 after 3 quarters... Rams continue to own third quarter in playoff games ... this time is was 27-10

couple of huge 3-balls by Baggett and sparkling play by Neal lead Rams in third period

Contributions from a lot of different players, either on defense, rebounding or scoring.

Game wasn't close from the start...LCS tried to play 1-on-1 with a team that had more athletes than they did. Got them in trouble and never recovered. Good luck to the Rams. The PG for Reidsville is the real deal no matter is a Frosh or not. Smart player.
It was a five-point game at the half ... not sure what you consider close?

You need a new source. Very few fans left after the girls game.
I got 2 sources:
Kant, quoting from another thread, " most of the East Burke and Statesville folks left after Game 1. Reidsville fans got there early and stayed late."
Also DHag said he was in line trying to get in and a bunch of fans were filing out as he was on the way in.

I got 2 sources:
Kant, quoting from another thread, " most of the East Burke and Statesville folks left after Game 1. Reidsville fans got there early and stayed late."
Also DHag said he was in line trying to get in and a bunch of fans were filing out as he was on the way in.
Some of the East Burke fans left but most of the fans on the Hornets side were actually Rams fans. Very few seats opened up.

It was a five-point game at the half ... not sure what you consider close?
Rams were outscored about 11-1 after Harrison picked up his second foul with about 5 or 6 minutes left in first half and went to the bench. That halftime score was very misleading. With Harrison and Neal in the game it was a total mismatch.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Congrats to the players and the coaches. They been putting in the work for years and years, not just this year. The coaches are like brothers to each other as well as the players felling the same way about each other. It shows on the court. 1 more game to make history. Regardless of outcome no one will forget this season. Good luck next week. I will bring a car load or 2.

Reidsville will be trying to add state title No. 5 to the record book ... Only one of them was way back (1924).
The others were 1973 (25-0), 1994 (30-0) and 2003 (23-4) .
Contrary to popular belief, I was not at the 1924 game.

Also there is a chance the Rams could be playing in William Neal Reynolds on the NC State campus for the championship game.

Contrary to popular belief, I was not at the 1924 game.

Also there is a chance the Rams could be playing in William Neal Reynolds on the NC State campus for the championship game.
I met the star of that 1924 team back in the 70s - Henry Miller - He ran Miller's Restaurant on Scales Street. I've got a photo of the group but I can't figure out how to post it.

Last edited:
I met the star of that 1924 team back in the 70s - Henry Miller - He ran Miller's Restaurant on Scales Street. I've got a photo of the group but I can't figure out how to post it.
I knew him well. When I was at First National that is where we would take our coffee breaks. Sad to note that W. B. Apple, Jr (Dud) is home with hospice attending.

Congrats to the players and the coaches. They been putting in the work for years and years, not just this year. The coaches are like brothers to each other as well as the players felling the same way about each other. It shows on the court. 1 more game to make history. Regardless of outcome no one will forget this season. Good luck next week. I will bring a car load or 2.
I don’t like it when you guys are happy, especially you and @tarheel fan1.🙂 Seriously, once I was introduced to young Neal and young Harrison, I knew just after a few games, it would be the Rams and FarmVille on a collision course.

Anytime and on every level a team has a great point guard and a great big man, that team is going to be successful, a tough out, period. Hoping the game is televised next week. I will be sure to watch it. Congrats!

I don’t like it when you guys are happy, especially you and @tarheel fan1.🙂 Seriously, once I was introduced to young Neal and young Harrison, I knew just after a few games, it would be the Rams and FarmVille on a collision course.

Anytime and on every level a team has a great point guard and a great big man, that team is going to be successful, a tough out, period. Hoping the game is televised next week. I will be sure to watch it. Congrats!

I went to a Christmas tournament and knew the Rams were the real deal. They instantly looked better than the football team. Rams will be the underdogs next Saturday though.

I went to a Christmas tournament and knew the Rams were the real deal. They instantly looked better than the football team. Rams will be the underdogs next Saturday though.
Yeah, I saw that comment from you awhile back. You obviously look good on that proclamation now. Props! I don’t know about the underdog thing, though. You guys should feel encouraged seeing Goldsboro playing them so closely on a couple of occasions. I think next week’s game will be close with the winner winning by single digits. I am leaning towards the Rams. Again, that great pg and great big man advantage working in your favor.

Reactions: tarheel fan1

Haha of course , we don’t expect you to be happy we’re happy. Lol I’m just happy for everyone involved. Coach Ross along with the rest of staff took over a team that was crushed with passing of coach Pass. That’s not easy to do. They put in a lot of work. 2 freshman have been huge but they all need each other and will again next week.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Yeah, I saw that comment from you awhile back. You obviously look good on that proclamation now. Props! I don’t know about the underdog thing, though. You guys should feel encouraged seeing Goldsboro playing them so closely on a couple of occasions. I think next week’s game will be close with the winner winning by single digits. I am leaning towards the Rams. Again, that great pg and great big man advantage working in your favor.

F ball wasn’t as good as I thought they’d be. (They were really good though ). Goldsboro is pretty good though, g Boro has a division one player in their own right. I do think the west is overall better than the east now a days.

Reactions: Lion Attack
F ball wasn’t as good as I thought they’d be. (They were really good though ). Goldsboro is pretty good though, g Boro has a division one player in their own right. I do think the west is overall better than the east now a days.
Should I say. I just hope we score? Lol nah I’m not going to start that

Reidsville beat Robinson 59-45 in round three and Robinson was the defending state champ with the win over Farmville Central. I know there are some different players this year, but Rams can still know that they beat the team that slayed the giant.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
What was the final score of the game?:
Max Preps has 77-60
High School OT has 77-57
NCHSAA has 77-57
My source said 77-62

The last score I saw in the gym had 77-57. At one time their was an error made and it had the Lincoln score as 62.

The last score I saw in the gym had 77-57. At one time their was an error made and it had the Lincoln score as 62.
Thanks ... I'm going with 77-57 ... the guys from HighSchoolOT were there. They have an article and a video on their website.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT