ADVERTISEMENT

2A teams that will improve

This is a great choice for the topic of this thread. Using returnees as my guide for…. skill players stats and leading tacklers….Brevard is at the top of the list. I don’t know if that translates to being improved; but, it definitely helps.

Surprisingly …Bunker Hill has more returning players than I thought as well. Led by Willis Jr. and his brother, Jaylan, who was a leading tackler. They must be twins because they are the same age. The Bears have a decent core returning …heck! I thought they were losing everybody. Just for the record….West Lincoln and Maiden do too. The CVAC is going to be fun to watch.😉

Another example…Reidsville is losing more than I thought. Mansfield and Widerman were not only the leading tacklers but were 2 of the leading rushers. No one can convince me that Sharpe wont be the QB to replace Lee and he had as many tackles as the other two did. I can’t see Sharpe going both ways…but maybe he will. Of course they still have Neal, Harrison and Cobb which is still plenty good on both sides of the ball but for Reidsville to improve (topic of this thread) means they have to win it all again and finish higher in the overall rankings. That ain’t gonna be easy to do. Honestly, they shouldn’t even be mentioned in this thread as they are the reigning champs.

I studied all of the top 25 (2a) teams for returnees…Shelby too…but Imma leave it right here for now as to not get Shelby Lion all tore up on a Sunday morning. 😜
Creek, Rams will have three QBs on the field at the same time; Sharpe, Neal, and Robinson. And all of them will probably share the QB position. Good luck to any defense trying to defend them and the Rams offense this fall. And not to worry about the Rams defense. They have plenty coming on board.

Creek, Rams will have three QBs on the field at the same time; Sharpe, Neal, and Robinson. And all of them will probably share the QB position. Good luck to any defense trying to defend them and the Rams offense this fall. And not to worry about the Rams defense. They have plenty coming on board.

"That would be a bold strategy, Cotton"

Word coming from Short Sugars is:

Sharpe may have taken some snaps day one of spring but not much, Neal got some and Robinson but that other sophomore QB is a dark horse in all this....

Let me know if you need any more info pal....

Jordan Matthews will be much improved this year.. Look for them to be a lot more physical
Just wanted you to know…I went 2-0 with the Jets in Don Hines pick ‘em last year. The only reason…and I mean the ONLY reason (because I always pick against them)….was simply due to your faith in those Jets. Talk about an inspirational poster…it’s you 🫵.

I noticed that new school SE Alamance was incredibly YOUNG! last year and went to the 3rd round. I’m betting they’ll improve too.

Northwood (another team in y'all's conference) lost a heart breaker to Louisburg in the 1st round….and Louisburg then lost a heart breaker to Princeton by failing on a 2 point conversion with less than a minute to go. Princeton played Northeastern tough in their 3rd round loss. Just saying….

I like comparing teams and all the above tells me that Northwood will be improved as well.

Good luck to those Jets!😉

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Mule…I have no doubt that the Rams will be right there again. None!

I can see it now…the starting QB (whoever it is) gets dinged up…and here comes Sharpe or Robinson or Neal to take a few snaps!😂 Good lord!

Y’all are deep at QB…that’s for sure.

I know if Sharpe takes a snap….I’m getting that BBQ sammich!😂

How about an inspirational post? Here goes…

Y’all google… Horatio Spafford….betting y’all never heard of him. Here some words he wrote…

“When peace…. like a river…attendeth my way…,when sorrows…. like sea billows… roll.”

It’s amazing how someone can put together a few words and when you read it…really read it….the hairs on your arms stand up.

Here’s another one….

“Whatever my lot….thou has taught me to say….it is well….it is well….with my soul.”

Just nuts!…a gaggle of ordinary words…put together so perfectly….just shaking my head. His Faith!…resolute!…iron clad!…etched in stone and sealed with blood. Have mercy.

Horatio wrote that after losing everything….check it out….it’s good stuff.

Yep…I’m headed to Baptist…taking my wife❤️…prolly the only reason this old man would drive an hour away on a week day. Gosh…I was there every day in January last year for my Dad…he didn’t make it through…..the old deaf bear… he was sump’em else. Can’t help but chuckle….I had to warn the nurses to stay out of his room on Sundays….football games on TV and pop better not be disturbed….if you go in there…you gonna run back out sporting a knot on your head!😂 I’m betting every poster on this site has a Dad or loved one that loved the game!…I know mine did.

Imma annihilate Mr. BBQ!…just so y’all know. Can’t believe I didn’t know it was there last year.

Go figure.
Well stated...the old deaf bear....I understand as my old man, the Green Wave, was the same way in his last days of awareness. Do not talk to him when he was watching his 'skins play. The Greatest Generation!

Sharpe may have taken some snaps day one of spring but not much, Neal got some and Robinson but that other sophomore QB is a dark horse in all this....

I caught some good gossip over at Rose’s😂….said Shelby was gonna sweep Cleveland county this year.

Btw…I didn’t say congratulations for Shelby not getting swept last fall. Congratulations! Lion.
If you recall…I predicted it! 😜

Truth be told, I went waaaay out on a limb with that prediction. A loooong shot!😂

Go back to the beginning of last season….it was bleak…barely scraped up enough players to start the year. I had pinned my hopes😂…barely a whisper then😂…to the dynasty. 😂
What was I thinking? Honestly…considering how dire it appeared… the Lions had a great year last year….and I fully expect to see a better version this fall.

…. y’all are who you are!…showed us all what your program is…and it’s year after year after year. 😉

I caught some good gossip over at Rose’s😂….said Shelby was gonna sweep Cleveland county this year.

Btw…I didn’t say congratulations for Shelby not getting swept last fall. Congratulations! Lion.
If you recall…I predicted it! 😜

Truth be told, I went waaaay out on a limb with that prediction. A loooong shot!😂

Go back to the beginning of last season….it was bleak…barely scraped up enough players to start the year. I had pinned my hopes😂…barely a whisper then😂…to the dynasty. 😂
What was I thinking? Honestly…considering how dire it appeared… the Lions had a great year last year….and I fully expect to see a better version this fall.

…. y’all are who you are!…showed us all what your program is…and it’s year after year after year. 😉
I doubt that, if they do then they'll go undeafeated OR at least 2 of those CC teams will suck. One extreme or the other.

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Most of the old timers at Short Sugars spend all their time trying to figure out if a football is made of real pigskin or not. The only thing factual that comes from the lunch counter at SS is the gas from eating a chopped sammich.

• Haha
Most of the old timers at Short Sugars spend all their time trying to figure out if a football is made of real pigskin or not. The only thing factual that comes from the lunch counter at SS is the gas from eating a chopped sammich.

What he said sounds about right though. Senior Jeremiah Cobb is another name at qb that could start. I could also see him starting on defense

Creek you are good people I don’t care what Duck and Rowdy say! Btw remind me if I ever meet you at a Lankerton game again to bring a coat ! I like to have froze to death and missed an amazing second half
Creek, you know your Catawba County friends have your back and have enough sense to at least wear a jacket to a football game in November, especially on that creek in Lankerton.

Last edited:

Betting the kids know who the QB is…whether he starts or not. 😉

My family moved to Hickory from Gaffney when I was 3 years old. I still remember that duplex…I saw my first football game on TV there. I always pulled for the team in black as it was a black and white TV. I understood the game the first time I saw it. My dad would just laugh and say…no! son that team in the white is the Miami Dolphins or the Dallas Cowboys and they’ll win game. I’ve hated ‘em ever since.😂

We eventually built a house and moved into Maidens’ school district when I was 5. I stayed at grandmothers a lot as a child…she lived 2 blocks from Newton Conover high school. My earliest recollection was seeing boys playing tackle football on a vacant lot behind a dentist office off 20th street. You could see it from grandmothers porch. That lot was… and still is…hallowed ground to me. I was big for my age…grandmother always told me…..”the first time I saw you…I thought something was wrong with you because your head was so big”😂 I figure that’s why I remember everything from an early age. Sooo…I strolled over and asked if I could play. All the boys were older but they let me in and I was hooked from that day forward on this stupid game that we all love and talk about on these boards. Those boys roughed me good but I loved every second of it. I figure I played a thousand football games on that lot from the age of 4 to 10…until I started playing organized ball over at Maiden. Good times!

The North Newton Bad boys!😂… we all knew who our QB was…I’m betting those bad boys from Reidsville do too.🫵

Here’s to the vacant lot in Reidsville…and Burlington…Shelby too….heck….all the towns and cities across this state!😉

My family moved to Hickory from Gaffney when I was 3 years old. I still remember that duplex…I saw my first football game on TV there. I always pulled for the team in black as it was a black and white TV. I understood the game the first time I saw it. My dad would just laugh and say…no! son that team in the white is the Miami Dolphins or the Dallas Cowboys and they’ll win game. I’ve hated ‘em ever since.😂

We eventually built a house and moved into Maidens’ school district when I was 5. I stayed at grandmothers a lot as a child…she lived 2 blocks from Newton Conover high school. My earliest recollection was seeing boys playing tackle football on a vacant lot behind a dentist office off 20th street. You could see it from grandmothers porch. That lot was… and still is…hallowed ground to me. I was big for my age…grandmother always told me…..”the first time I saw you…I thought something was wrong with you because your head was so big”😂 I figure that’s why I remember everything from an early age. Sooo…I strolled over and asked if I could play. All the boys were older but they let me in and I was hooked from that day forward on this stupid game that we all love and talk about on these boards. Those boys roughed me good but I loved every second of it. I figure I played a thousand football games on that lot from the age of 4 to 10…until I started playing organized ball over at Maiden. Good times!

The North Newton Bad boys!😂… we all knew who our QB was…I’m betting those bad boys from Reidsville do too.🫵

Here’s to the vacant lot in Reidsville…and Burlington…Shelby too….heck….all the towns and cities across this state!😉
Creek...I'm proud of ya brother...you told a story that didn't involve food 😂, mentioned 7 cities and not 1 restaurant!

...you must of been full when you wrote this...

Creek...I'm proud of ya brother...you told a story that didn't involve food 😂, mentioned 7 cities and not 1 restaurant!

...you must of been full when you wrote this...
There was this diner in Gaffney….had great vegetable soup. I know you don’t believe it..but I still remember it like it was yesterday….3 years old. Brother 😂😂

oh yeah?

Yeah and since Warner Stamey showed both them Bridges how to make cue it's a moot point. Lexington style which is adding ketchup to that vinegar for some good oil dip is the thing that makes it go round. Eat that dry ass while hog all you want. Unless wilbars was to open back up.
roughtrader, there was a documentary about Warner Stamey on TV, once. I'm thinking they said he was originally from Rutherford County and married into the Bridges family, then migrated (makes him sound like a Canada Goose) to Lexington, then Greensboro.
I've had it from Cleveland,Davidson, Guilford counties, and more recently from down east. I liked it all. Given my eating habits I'd probably think the "dry-ass wild was good, too", wherever that's from.

roughtrader, there was a documentary about Warner Stamey on TV, once. I'm thinking they said he was originally from Rutherford County and married into the Bridges family, then migrated (makes him sound like a Canada Goose) to Lexington, then Greensboro.
I've had it from Cleveland,Davidson, Guilford counties, and more recently from down east. I liked it all. Given my eating habits I'd probably think the "dry-ass wild was good, too", wherever that's from.
It's hard to beat stameys, the honey monk and speedy lohrs

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT