ADVERTISEMENT

2A State Championship: Reidsville vs East Duplin

To get away from this ridiculousness on this thread, I'll chime in with I'm proud of my Panthers and the heart and determination they have shown all year long. These guys just don't quit. And to win the Eastern Championship without one of their best players says so much to me about how guys step up in situations like that. That's nothing to do with football but more about how you live your life. I don't claim to know much about the guys in the other uniform but I know about the hearts of the guys in that ED uniform and to a man, I'll choose one of them every time. No predictions on scores or outcomes but nobody and I mean nobody deserves to be there more than these guys. And I promise any opponent win or lose, you'll know ED has been there and you'll get everything they got!!
Well spoken brother, you dont get this far without heart and grit!

Reactions: oldway55
Who is home and away this week? Think it only matters to know what side to sit in

West is away for all games. It makes me happy for reasons that all my acquaintances are well aware of.

Reidsville played a lot of 3-man fronts against Burns and dropped eight into the passing coverage ... I'd be surprised to see any of those defensive sets against East Duplin's run-heavy offense. The veteran Reidsville coaching staff will come up with a plan for sure, but as I said earlier, those Wing-T offenses can cause a lot of headaches.

Stop the dive, what are you talking about. You do realize that ED runs the wing T. Reidsville may win and who knows they may win easily , but they will have to stop more than a dive.
What year did Reidsville play WRH in the championship game? (17’/18’) Didn’t they run the wing-t also?

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Stop the dive, what are you talking about. You do realize that ED runs the wing T. Reidsville may win and who knows they may win easily , but they will have to stop more than a dive.
Yes but if you can’t stop the dive out of the wing t they won’t have to do anything else.

Reactions: O&B Attack
I don't think this ED team is better than last years team, but the coaching is better. ED beat 3 teams in JK, Clinton, and WRH, and those teams were more athletic and bigger, but the coaching made up for that. And one thing about this ED team is they will not beat themselves. It's going to be very interesting to see what Battle and staff come up with for Reidsville. Look for ED to line up in something that Reidsville won't see on film, right before halftime, or right after. With that being said, will I be pulling for ED, ABSOLUTELY NOT! I wouldn't care if they never win a championship. GOOOO RAMS 🐏 🐏

• Wow
Reactions: Chopper747
I don't think this ED team is better than last years team, but the coaching is better. ED beat 3 teams in JK, Clinton, and WRH, and those teams were more athletic and bigger, but the coaching made up for that. And one thing about this ED team is they will not beat themselves. It's going to be very interesting to see what Battle and staff come up with for Reidsville. Look for ED to line up in something that Reidsville won't see on film, right before halftime, or right after. With that being said, will I be pulling for ED, ABSOLUTELY NOT! I wouldn't care if they never win a championship. GOOOO RAMS 🐏
Sounds like JK won their SC with good players and average coaching. Wonder how many SC ED"s staff would have won with your players?

I don't think this ED team is better than last years team, but the coaching is better. ED beat 3 teams in JK, Clinton, and WRH, and those teams were more athletic and bigger, but the coaching made up for that. And one thing about this ED team is they will not beat themselves. It's going to be very interesting to see what Battle and staff come up with for Reidsville. Look for ED to line up in something that Reidsville won't see on film, right before halftime, or right after. With that being said, will I be pulling for ED, ABSOLUTELY NOT! I wouldn't care if they never win a championship. GOOOO RAMS 🐏 🐏
We are absolutely devastated that you are not pulling for ED. Should of posted something we didn't know. But of the 3 teams you stated that ED beat in the playoffs JK was by far the worst and will be again next year.

Last edited:
Well I’m pulling for ED From A Bulldog Fan!! I hope they win and the wing t isn’t all dives I can run so many different packages out on it. U don’t know which one they running blitz the gaps the outside is open cover the outside the inside is open pick your poison!! I say!! Duplin County Stand Up!! DC Football the best ECC Football the Best Conference In Highschool football

Well I’m pulling for ED From A Bulldog Fan!! I hope they win and the wing t isn’t all dives I can run so many different packages out on it. U don’t know which one they running blitz the gaps the outside is open cover the outside the inside is open pick your poison!! I say!! Duplin County Stand Up!! DC Football the best ECC Football the Best Conference In Highschool football

Iso, trap, power, buck-sweep, jet-sweep, counter, waggle... Did I miss anything?

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Reidsville by 24, not counting the garbage points ED will score in the 4th qtr when Reidsville starters will be in the sidelines celebrating the WIN!!

I looked at some comparison games….Whiteville, North Brunswick, New Hanover, Southern Alamance, Eastern Alamance…..leading me to believe…. Reidsville by 21. Ugh!

But that’s why they play the game!😜

I will say that Reidsville winning over Burns has pulled Maiden and CHASE up a spot in the Max Preps rankings….heck…even pulled Providence Grove back into the top 20 2a.
Now…that’s a good thing!

However😂.…Reidsville won’t need any of my help. Sooo…..Let’s go! East Duplin!

We need Reidsville turnovers….I’d say at least 3!

“Strip him!”…..will be echoing out of my living room on every Reidsville carry come this Saturday!
Yep! …Armchair coaching my arse off!

Hoping East Duplin fans do the same! 😉

• Haha
We are absolutely devastated that you are not pulling for ED. Should of posted something we didn't know. But of the 3 teams you stated that ED beat in the playoffs JK was by far the worst and will be again next year.
So glad that you can see into the future, so tell us will ED be a state champion after Saturday morning, I mean Saturday is closer than next year, so I'm sure you can tell us right!

So glad that you can see into the future, so tell us will ED be a state champion after Saturday morning, I mean Saturday is closer than next year, so I'm sure you can tell us right!
I will tell you the truth. Its going to be hard. They have more athletes than ED and have an excellent coaching staff. So that mades it very difficult. But if ED can hang in until halftime then I start to like our chances. And that's the truth and the truth doesn't bother me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT