ADVERTISEMENT

2A Recruit Recognition

GrizzlyDevil

Nov 22, 2011
2A is abundant in talent and excellent young men who will go on and play at the next level. I wanted to make a thread specifically so we can highlight them and applaud them. It's not easy, and making it to that next level is something to be proud of...I know we as fans are always proud of our home team's kids to go and make a name for themselves.

I'll start with our very own, there may be more and some may have been visits and not offers, Lord knows I've been off before, but the one's that I know of:

Chris Culliver - His Top 7 as of today are: NC State, North Carolina, Florida State, App State, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Maryland (He has around 20 offers total)

Ben Gibbs - Harvard, Army

Alec Hall - James Madison, Richmond, Charlotte, App State, Duke

Jackson Hensley - Army, Wofford

Congratulations Men!! Go and make your senior year your best one yet, leave it all on the field. Once you get to college...the REAL work begins. Good Luck!

Grizzly is Maiden's house back in order? Haven't heard the rumor mill running lately. Heard there is another CAT County school who might have a few eligibility questions 2. Could be an interesting summer.

Also Why did you have to do Wolves like that?
There is an "emergency" school board meeting for tomorrow night at 6 at Catawba County Schools. So the rumor mill has been off...an always quiet before the storm kinda thing...I would imagine that this meeting is about eligibility and who's said what and what papers have and haven't been filled out and who's lying and who's overstepping their bounds etc etc etc.

haha...and I thought about not replying to it but sometimes you gotta take the open shot when it's there. Trust me, Lincolnton has gotten our goose as much as we've gotten theirs, all is fair and I have nothing but love for the Wolves...my favorite place to play an away game.

He may have meant…what position?…now that I’ve read it again.
Maybe so...but the difference between "where" and "what" are significant...and with all the transfer hoopla going on it seemed to me that "where" was an intentional playful jab.

But he will be WR and CB and Returner like last year.

I think you guys need Gibbs to be the ultimate difference maker. He was the guy who made plays when Culliver couldn't get the ball. I he could be the X factor for the team. Culliver always gets love try giving some to Gibbs too.
Push comes to shove, Gibbs will be the QB. He played well as QB last year in the playoffs when we needed him to and he played QB during spring practice...it really opens the playbook up with him back there...but the team would benefit more if he were able to just be a RB.

Heavy hearts and prayers go out to Blue Devils Nation as former Maiden Blue Devils running back Will Jenkins passed away this morning. He played along side Matt Johnson and lead Maiden to the 3rd round. The furthest Maiden would go in the playoffs til this past season.
Lifting prayers for Newton Conover as well.

Isabella Zalaigiris…a basketball and volleyball great from Newton…died tragically in New Orleans last week.

Yes…Tommy from Chapel Hill…his daughter…. the service is today.

I believe that Isabella and Will were the same age…or very close….way too young!
Heart breaking.

Thoughts and prayers for both families.

If I remember, I'll video it.

Or would people like a play by play like on Friday nights?

The Maiden Administrative/Coaching Staff @ Catawba County School Board, kickoff at 6pm
This is going to be a closed session since it involves students...straight from Dr. Matt Stover to me just now. I can stay for the Moment of Silence and for the Pledge of Allegiance...but then I have to leave.

No play by play...and who knows what will be said or if even it's about the what we've been talking about.

Time will tell.

2A is abundant in talent and excellent young men who will go on and play at the next level. I wanted to make a thread specifically so we can highlight them and applaud them. It's not easy, and making it to that next level is something to be proud of...I know we as fans are always proud of our home team's kids to go and make a name for themselves.

I'll start with our very own, there may be more and some may have been visits and not offers, Lord knows I've been off before, but the one's that I know of:

Chris Culliver - His Top 7 as of today are: NC State, North Carolina, Florida State, App State, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Maryland (He has around 20 offers total)

Ben Gibbs - Harvard, Army

Alec Hall - James Madison, Richmond, Charlotte, App State, Duke

Jackson Hensley - Army, Wofford

Congratulations Men!! Go and make your senior year your best one yet, leave it all on the field. Once you get to college...the REAL work begins. Good Luck!
Congratulations to Alec on receiving his 6th offer from UCONN

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Congrats to Alec, well deserved young man.
He is an absolute stud!…as good a looking football player as you’ll find.
Reminds me of a bigger Lamont Reid.

Monster on defense too!

Hoping to see # 3 have an explosive fall.

For Clinton

JR-LB Landon Pearson
JR TE/DE-Amaris Williams
Soph -ATH Nydarion Blackwell
Freshmen Kicker Jacob Baggett

no offers as of yet but all have been invited to numerous prospect camps and I believe Amaris Williams name been buzzing a lot on NC State message boards.
Baggett attended a National kicking Ranking camp outside of Tampa Bay this weekend. Came away with a 4.5 star rating according to the site and #2 ranking for class of 2026. Not sure if sites like Rivals or 247 use these results as a reference for their rankings aswell but in any case the freshmen has a nice start building his recruiting profile up

Shelby...
QB - Lee - Catawba, Miss Valley St, Charleston Southern
WR - Hamilton - Norfolk St, Gardner-Webb
WR/LB - Griffin - Catawba
K - Berkowitz - Gardner-Webb
DL - Boyce - Wofford, Marist, Norfolk St
Jr-DL/OL - Pierce - ECU, App St, Liberty
Jr-WR - Bridges - Miss Valley St

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT