ADVERTISEMENT

2A Rankings Week 6

Hey Hibriten posters. Do you think your team is ranked about right or are they to high? I haven’t seen you guys play since you beat Shelby for the western championship a couple years ago and went on to win the state.

I don't think we have the speed that we did that year, but we are moving the ball very well, scoring lots of points and playing good defense. We haven't been tested this year, so it's hard to measure how we will do against other good football teams.

I would have us about 5 or 6 just because of the level of competition we have played so far this year... It will be interesting to see how the kids and coaches respond in the playoffs when we get up against someone at our level!!!

Reactions: daletec
I think we’ll give anybody a run for their money with our defense. RB’s are getting better each weak and QB is heck of a player.

Reactions: thekidd12
I think we’ll give anybody a run for their money with our defense. RB’s are getting better each weak and QB is heck of a player.
But we have to take each game one at a time. Can’t overlook anybody...
Wait...
I’m sorry I thought we were doing “Classic Sports Cliches” for a thousand Alex...
NM...😂

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
Shelby has beaten #5, #13, and #15 in the 2A poll, and plays #14 South Point Thursday night. The Southwestern 2A is a lot tougher than many thought, with Chase and R-S Central being much improved and in the mix of things, and Burns, Shelby and South Point very competitive.

Reactions: UNC91 and beamer24
Honestly, I'm tired of the numbers argument. Crest beat schools twice their size, Shelby has too, hell one of them was Crest! Weddington and Crest have fought it out, Shelby and ACR have fought it out. Just take what you got and play whoever is infront of you.

Honestly, I'm tired of the numbers argument. Crest beat schools twice their size, Shelby has too, hell one of them was Crest! Weddington and Crest have fought it out, Shelby and ACR have fought it out. Just take what you got and play whoever is infront of you.

yeah but those schools could be 65% female so yeah the point could be proven either way. My post was for comedy really, not for 'argument' sake, but you're from Crest so I understand.

It will be nice to be in a better conference. At least it's a better environment to bring players along and get ready for play-offs. I see the numbers thing all the time, not arguing, just making a point that I think some bias goes into these classifications, at least it appears to.

I think west stanly will beat mt pleasant in 2 weeks. Mt pleasants schedule has been pretty easy.

Hey they can drop Shelby or Reidsville off the lost with those loose rankings lol , but I’m the end it’s gonna be those two schools wearing those rings , just reality

Hey they can drop Shelby or Reidsville off the lost with those loose rankings lol , but I’m the end it’s gonna be those two schools wearing those rings , just reality

And if Reidsville goes East they can finally play each other right?

Reactions: UNC91
Our conference next year with the numbers:

4A Alexander Central Alexander Alexander WEST 1432
4A Watauga Watauga Watauga WEST 1462
4A South Caldwell Caldwell Caldwell WEST 1630
3A Freedom Burke Burke WEST 1275
3A Ashe County Ashe Ashe WEST 907
3A Hibriten Caldwell Caldwell WEST 1001

Now look at these schools:

2A North Forsyth Forsyth Forsyth WEST 1004
2A St. Pauls Robeson Robeson EAST 1002
2A Huss Gaston Gaston WEST 1040
2A Nash Central Nash Nash EAST 992
2A Cummings Alamance Alamance EAST 1008
2A Monroe Union Union WEST 1006

Reactions: Griddie
Our conference next year with the numbers:

4A Alexander Central Alexander Alexander WEST 1432
4A Watauga Watauga Watauga WEST 1462
4A South Caldwell Caldwell Caldwell WEST 1630
3A Freedom Burke Burke WEST 1275
3A Ashe County Ashe Ashe WEST 907
3A Hibriten Caldwell Caldwell WEST 1001

Now look at these schools:

2A North Forsyth Forsyth Forsyth WEST 1004
2A St. Pauls Robeson Robeson EAST 1002
2A Huss Gaston Gaston WEST 1040
2A Nash Central Nash Nash EAST 992
2A Cummings Alamance Alamance EAST 1008
2A Monroe Union Union WEST 1006

It's that crazy "formula" from the NCHSAA that no one seems to have figured out. In our area, Hunter Huss placed in class 2A had more students than South Point who is placed in 2A. Huss appealed to move up.

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT