ADVERTISEMENT

2A 2A Boys Basketball Thread

Has anyone seen the East teams this summer and able to rank them for the upcoming season? Any new contenders to challenge Farmville Central?

Has anyone seen the East teams this summer and able to rank them for the upcoming season? Any new contenders to challenge Farmville Central?
Based on how they looked at the ECI, no. It's Farmville Central and then everybody else. I expect the Dark Horses to struggle once again in our conference. Player development just doesn't seem to be happening the last few years. The ECC teams there weren't very impressive, but Kinston should be the easy favorite again. What happened to the big kid at WRH? Did he leave? I really wish we could have stayed there after the last realignment.

That would probably explain it then. I didn't see the JK boys at the ECI. How are they going to look this year?

The kids just aren't developing my way in basketball. Between the middle schools and rec ball the kids are suffering with IQ. No one will be close to Kinston in the ECC this season!

The kids just aren't developing my way in basketball. Between the middle schools and rec ball the kids are suffering with IQ. No one will be close to Kinston in the ECC this season!
I've heard folks from several areas say the same thing about their rec and middle schools and lack of early development. It's hard to overcome that. Takes time to build basketball IQ. I agree about Kinston on the boys side. ECC should be theirs for the taking. Outside of them, it might be a down year. But like I said in the first post, I don't think anybody in the east has anything for Farmville

NO ONE in East will come within 25-30 points of Farmville. Pretty weak down that way from what I saw.
What about Cummings? It's easy to forget they play in the East regionals right now because they've been in the west so much in the past. Undefeated until losing to Kinston by 3 in the fourth round last year. Leading scorer was a freshman and 6-8 kid that averaged a double-double down low was a sophomore. Don't think they'd beat Farmville, but would be pretty surprised if they couldn't keep it closer than 25.

Have you seen Goldsboro this summer? I expected them to be pretty good with Faison coming back after he averaged like 26/16 on a good team last year. Read somewhere they beat Kinston this summer, for what that's worth.

Seaforth is also interesting--barely .500 last year but was a first year program with no juniors or seniors on the roster. You'd think that program would have a good chance to improve a lot very quickly with 5-star Jarin Stevenson to build around.

What about Cummings? It's easy to forget they play in the East regionals right now because they've been in the west so much in the past. Undefeated until losing to Kinston by 3 in the fourth round last year. Leading scorer was a freshman and 6-8 kid that averaged a double-double down low was a sophomore. Don't think they'd beat Farmville, but would be pretty surprised if they couldn't keep it closer than 25.

Have you seen Goldsboro this summer? I expected them to be pretty good with Faison coming back after he averaged like 26/16 on a good team last year. Read somewhere they beat Kinston this summer, for what that's worth.

Seaforth is also interesting--barely .500 last year but was a first year program with no juniors or seniors on the roster. You'd think that program would have a good chance to improve a lot very quickly with 5-star Jarin Stevenson to build around.

Yep, Cummings is another team that could do well

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Again, NO TEAM in the East or West will come within 25-30 points to Farmville Central. The 2A mens basketball this upcoming season will be down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT