ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Talent compared to 2023

What dont you get sir , It was a MA Poster making the racial slurs. NOT MYSELF. It was MYSELF only stating the facts that your fan base put out there as highlighted above. IT WAS I that said there was nothing wrong with it and that you should be proud of a program that others want to be a part of . I APOLOGIZE FOR REFERING TO YOUR FANBASE AS BARNEYBOYS and your town BARNEYBORO. IT is your FANBASE that used illicit language. NOT MYSELF. Yes IT WAS I that baited you into a HIDEOUS conversation that your FANBASE admitted to as NOTED above several times then became combative when asked to elaborate. IT WAS YOU THAT TOOK THE BAIT. Funny thing is as noted above you answered all the questions in your post and then became hostile when pressed for more information. Hilarious. Deana answered the question the right way when Starmount entered the conversation. She plainly said that Starmount had kids transfer in and a couple transfer out. Detailed information and admitted to what we all know to be true. Transfers and recruiting are a part of it. Hate to say it but it is what it is. GREAT ANSWER DEANA. Now if we are going cast stones at the charter schools for recruiting or taking transfers then all of HS sports athletics needs to look in the mirror. All i know is if my kid was a football player and talented, playing at a school not successful in football and i wanted him to have an opportunity then you dang right i would be transferring to a school that has a heck of a football program. Why become hostile , that makes it look like you are trying to hide something. Thanks for the entertainment. I knew where this would go when it started , i knew how your fanbase would react. We see it every year when buzz and td go at it or when some one hurts the others feelings. No other fanbase out there like it. This reaction is bout like talking about that Patrick county connection and the slew of running backs that's came to ----------- from there. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣. Now I'm gonna tuck my way back into the woods of JOKES county. Shoot off some Bottle rockets, drank a beer or 10, Pull for my beloved Cougars, especially against that other team and enjoy some football in Teachy NC when I'm at work. Good luck with your all star team this year
I think your post is right. I think the worst thing about this area right now is most of the good kids like mediocrity. I don't think Starmount does. I don't think Mount Airy does. I think you have kids that go to their school and rightly so don't want to go to a different school. And really you should use the talent that you have. There's always going to be some transfers. There's going to be some that leave because they don't like being disciplined like the kid that came here from Mount Airy. Mount Airy unfortunately for the rest of us and I do believe this. Has created a culture of toughness. Physicality. And winners. Which is something that a lot of places don't have anymore. Because they give something to everybody. They're the guys that give a trophy to everyone. What I'm saying is that school system has a lot of programs that some of these country schools don't have. Hail they even ran a construction class this summer. They went back to school early after COVID. One of only three or four in the state that went back to school in person. That's how my family member got there. And when it was time to go back he didn't want to. You know I don't blame people for wanting to go there. They have created a culture of winning in many sports. In my opinion the sport that supports everything else. Football. It's great that other programs wouldn't state championships and they have a great athletic program. Everything's paid for by football. And that's the way it is at almost every school. Except maybe your bigger 3A and 4A with basketball too. When they get those new uniforms for those other sports. They need to thank the football team. And if they're good they really need to thank them. More kids will continue to transfer to Mount Airy. Especially if they're not the everybody gets a trophy kind. And frankly they'll keep going to Starmount too. In fact they already do. From surrounding schools.

I think your post is right. I think the worst thing about this area right now is most of the good kids like mediocrity. I don't think Starmount does. I don't think Mount Airy does. I think you have kids that go to their school and rightly so don't want to go to a different school. And really you should use the talent that you have. There's always going to be some transfers. There's going to be some that leave because they don't like being disciplined like the kid that came here from Mount Airy. Mount Airy unfortunately for the rest of us and I do believe this. Has created a culture of toughness. Physicality. And winners. Which is something that a lot of places don't have anymore. Because they give something to everybody. They're the guys that give a trophy to everyone. What I'm saying is that school system has a lot of programs that some of these country schools don't have. Hail they even ran a construction class this summer. They went back to school early after COVID. One of only three or four in the state that went back to school in person. That's how my family member got there. And when it was time to go back he didn't want to. You know I don't blame people for wanting to go there. They have created a culture of winning in many sports. In my opinion the sport that supports everything else. Football. It's great that other programs wouldn't state championships and they have a great athletic program. Everything's paid for by football. And that's the way it is at almost every school. Except maybe your bigger 3A and 4A with basketball too. When they get those new uniforms for those other sports. They need to thank the football team. And if they're good they really need to thank them. More kids will continue to transfer to Mount Airy. Especially if they're not the everybody gets a trophy kind. And frankly they'll keep going to Starmount too. In fact they already do. From surrounding schools.
Thank you sir , finally some productive conversation. I AGREE WITH THIS POST 1000000000000 percent.

Been in the pork industry for several years. Moved to Jokes county ( ooops Stokes , trying to do better 😂) chasing a woman. Raised a family here never left. Woman's gone and youngins are to. Now its me and a good ole bird dog that don't know nuttin bout birds and barks at his own shadow. He got that from me as you can tell by my post. Couldn't ever make a living around here so i had to hit the road to do so. Teachy isn't much of a town but its a special place to be on Friday nights when I'm lucky enough for my schedule to work out to where i can catch a game. When in town i visit somewhere different every Friday night.

Reactions: roughtrader4444
I guess you all don’t remember the badmouthing Starmount took last Spring during the coaching change. I let that go if you don’t recall.

You wasn’t around when Starmount, Elkin, and SMC posters where bashing everyone. The feuds between Coachrobbie, qwerties, elkinftballfan2003 and the Starmount fans.

Also, the eastern part were repped by all those WRH fans and the one and only TDM from James Kenan.

These posts were nothing compared to how bad they got.

Last edited:
I guess you all don’t remember the badmouthing Starmount took last Spring during the coaching change. I let that go if you don’t recall.

You wasn’t around when Starmount, Elkin, and SMC posters where bashing everyone. The feuds between Coachrobbie, qwerties, elkinftballfan2003 and the Starmount fans.

You might ought to get rid of holy roller though, Nobody should talk to you like that. Not for all that you do. But i guess the reason you don't is the reason you are so good. Thanks for offering up and moderating this forum.

So FINALLY a Moderator did something about this "JERK". Why did it take so long??? And so limited?

You remove a racial slur. Great. You should have. But is calling Mt Airy and its various fans all type of discussing names is ok?
What if he was constantly going after Starmount? Would you step then?

There is a lot of jealousness on this Broad toward Tarboro, Eastern Randolph, Robbinsville and especially Mt Airy the past several years.
What are you going to do when it turns to Starmount?

I hope it never does. Is the extra few dollars you and or NCPREPS gets by the additional "hits" generated by this "Jerk" really worth what you lose in respect?

Deana, notice that you and I are the only individuals on this site that actually DO NOT HIDE behind a made up name. What I say I am saying openly, directly, and in in this case, without happiness. Please do your job.

Respectfully, there are not many places like this around. I give folks an avenue to express and have been very lenient on many occasions.

I do this website because I love high school sports and meeting fans, coaches, and players are all over the state, not for money.

You keep talking about “hits” for money. Well, if that’s the case I can get a week’s worth of groceries then.

One day, this will be gone as well.

Reactions: roughtrader4444
So FINALLY a Moderator did something about this "JERK". Why did it take so long??? And so limited?

You remove a racial slur. Great. You should have. But is calling Mt Airy and its various fans all type of discussing names is ok?
What if he was constantly going after Starmount? Would you step then?

There is a lot of jealousness on this Broad toward Tarboro, Eastern Randolph, Robbinsville and especially Mt Airy the past several years.
What are you going to do when it turns to Starmount?

I hope it never does. Is the extra few dollars you and or NCPREPS gets by the additional "hits" generated by this "Jerk" really worth what you lose in respect?

Deana, notice that you and I are the only individuals on this site that actually DO NOT HIDE behind a made up name. What I say I am saying openly, directly, and in in this case, without happiness. Please do your job.
How dare you, Mister Whitley, for telling Ms. King to " do her job. " If you don't like how the moderators operate, don't let the door hit you in your arse.

Reactions: footballstar_17
Happy 4th To one and All !
icegif-70.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: RealStihl

Also, the eastern part were repped by all those WRH fans and the one and only TDM from James Kenan.

Deana, What ever become of coachrobbie?

MA line will be big but young. Lost some great kids to graduation.
bears OL shouldn’t be to young. Atleast 2 seniors starting but probably 3 just from looking at who started last year and who played when the starters came out.

Credited To & By Go Bears Athletics

Linked To

Go Bears Athletics

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favorites · 1h ·

“The countdown is Back!” W/ a couple of keynotes:
1-Kickoffs this season will be 7:00 (both JV & Varsity)
2-big Junior year awaits #4
“how about 6 more Fridays
🏈
” GO
🐻

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text
===============================
bear.gif

Last edited:
I was in the grocery store last night and met up with an old friend who informed me on some things the previous season about some things going on. He seems to think from some insiders that Mount Airy has got some great players coming back and will be in the running with minimal drop-off if the coach is as good as last year. He was very excited about what he knew. He is seeing another undefeated regular season and a deep run in the playoffs and maybe a 3 peat if all things come together as he thinks they will. He asked why I did not come to the tailgate and I said I was never invited and he said he learns a lot about people who are so fake. I want to bring my new professional Nikon and lens and hope to get on the field as I did as a newspaper for 10 years as the Mount Airy News photographer and maybe do a picture website of Bear football with many pictures, It is just a dream to get out there one more season. If someone can give me permission email me at this rarely-used email address and let me know. The email address is odell1217@gmail.com and our messages will be between us only. That is odell one-two-one seven @ gmail.com. I will share pictures. My promise is no pictures of the tailgaters unless requested by the tailgate leaders. Please let me know if this is something everyone would like. Maybe WPAQ or WSYD would like to add a page for football pictures like Elkin 100.9 WIFM has, and I would be happy to help. I am just needing something to do that I love to do to get out of the house. I have a new professional Nikon Z mirrorless camera and a professional zoom lens and am eager to use it.

Last edited:
I was in the grocery store last night and met up with an old friend who informed me on some things the previous season about some things going on. He seems to think from some insiders that Mount Airy has got some great players coming back and will be in the running with minimal drop-off if the coach is as good as last year. He was very excited about what he knew. He is seeing another undefeated regular season and a deep run in the playoffs and maybe a 3 peat if all things come together as he thinks they will. He asked why I did not come to the tailgate and I said I was never invited and he said he learns a lot about people who are so fake. I want to bring my new professional Nikon and lens and hope to get on the field as I did as a newspaper for 10 years as the Mount Airy News photographer and maybe do a picture website of Bear football with many pictures, It is just a dream to get out there one more season. If someone can give me permission email me at this rarely-used email address and let me know. The email address is odell1217@gmail.com and our messages will be between us only. That is odell one-two-one seven @ gmail.com. I will share pictures. My promise is no pictures of the tailgaters unless requested by the tailgate leaders. Please let me know if this is something everyone would like. Maybe WPAQ or WSYD would like to add a page for football pictures like Elkin 100.9 WIFM has, and I would be happy to help. I am just needing something to do that I love to do to get out of the house. I have a new professional Nikon Z mirrorless camera and a professional zoom lens and am eager to use it.
You have been invited several times and even offered to be picked up!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
The games start at 7 pm this year so what time does the tailgate start ?
I hope to make it this year and I hope I can get on the field and take pictures. I brought 4 large Domino's pizzas the first one I came to up by the tennis courts. What would be something to bring if I make it this year? Living off of Social Security this time so just give me an idea. Also, where will y'all be set up?
So time and location and what to bring ?

Reactions: RealStihl
I'm just messing with you. Last years squad was really young and produced a positive year. Hoping to improve on that success this year and hoping for a deeper run this year with next year being the best chance in the future for a deeper run.
Y’all have a lot of seniors and juniors this year right ? I remember last year I felt like yall were all sophomores and juniors

I ran into a friend in Foodlion last night and heard some really good reports on our Bears for the next two years. We seem to go to Foodlion about the same time on Friday and I was leaving as he was coming in. He seems to think there will not be a noticeable drop off of the defense and the offence has the talent to do as well as last year with some good practice with several with a good amount of speed. He has my email address I left on here a few weeks ago and said I need to come to some games and the tailgate as he does not attend it every time but at least a couple times a month. I have known him since I was the Mount Airy news photographer Bach in the late 1980s and the late 1990s and we both were always on the sideline back then. I am pretty sure most everyone knows him but we agreed to stay in touch. I would like to think him for telling me what he has learned and failed to think him last night and he has a lovely wife that is a big Bear fan and involved in school activities on a regular basis. Go Bears my friend.

Reactions: Bearfan71
Not to mention where is Mr Man. Did hear about a transfer going to Mount Airy that is going to make a big difference. Another school's best player. Lord have mercy

Reactions: MRMAN27030
I have a Tarboro ? I follow Tarboro and many other 1A programs for years. Seems like Tarboro don't hardly ever get any transfers from other County Schools etc.. I have never heard of a player from North Edgecombe or SW Edgecombe ever transferring to Tarboro. The ony transfer i can remember was on the 2017-18 Tarboro team was a RB from Northern Nash. Just curious. Has a player ever transfered from North Edgecombe or SW Edgecombe to Tarboro to play any sports?

Not to mention where is Mr Man. Did hear about a transfer going to Mount Airy that is going to make a big difference. Another school's best player. Lord have mercy
MT Airy is in about the same position that Albemarle was in little over 20 years on this website. Albemarle was getting transfers from North, South, West Stanly High School. And winning State Titles from 2001, 2002, 2003, 2009, 2012.

Not even Starmount? They have been hyped up bigtime on here. I ain't buying it though.
I would like to think that Starmount would make a game of it but they may not. Mt Airy has such a culture of retaining kids and getting them to take training serious. The Rams have had trouble even getting kids to play football their Senior Year. Not just any kids either. They would be starters. The strongest kid in the school who is competing for 7th place in US history for 16-18 age group in powerlifting won't play his Senior year.(1500 pound raw total). Another kid who may be one of the top 3 athletes in the school won't play football either. Then you have the 2 at Reagan, one who is a lineman who's All Conference at 4a Reagan. It sucks for the fans and the kids who all grew up playing together.

Reactions: sbbbfan
MRMAN is laying low and taking it SLOW
I already KNOW
Just waiting till season starts
So i can remind everyone that i told yhea SOOOO
I said it before and i will say it AGAIN
The West and Tarboro gonna take it on the CHIN
Im always here with a nosey ear
No worries im never going AWAY
Gonna be here to STAY

A POET AND DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT

Look a little deeper Rough ole fella, you will find theres more to the story.
Mayberry loaded up on transfers for a 1a school per say. POLITICALLY CORRECT word BEING TRANSFERS. NOT RECRUITS. Gonna be at chase and charlies tonight , im sure i will get some juicy info from the fanbase LOL LOL LOL LOL

I'm liven in their HEAD
making there face turn RED
Like me or not the TRUTH is out
Mayberry heading for another Championship BOUT

Last edited:
I have a Tarboro ? I follow Tarboro and many other 1A programs for years. Seems like Tarboro don't hardly ever get any transfers from other County Schools etc.. I have never heard of a player from North Edgecombe or SW Edgecombe ever transferring to Tarboro. The only transfer i can remember was on the 2017-18 Tarboro team was a RB from Northern Nash. Just curious. Has a player ever transferred from North Edgecombe or SW Edgecombe to Tarboro to play any sports?
Tarboro got transfers this year. got some help on the lines can the Tarboro faithful please elaborate for the competition on the status of the Tarboro portal pickups

Last edited:
It boils down that there is no I in team. It’s like a kid that wants to run the ball but could help the team on the line.

Starmount’s 1998 team didn’t have any superstars but played as a team and won it all.
You're exactly right Deana. I know who you're talking about.

Yes the 98' team was a true team. I've often wondered how many more championship teams the Rams would've had if not for selfishness and transfers. The 90's teams were loaded with talent. The 98 team wasn't nearly as talented as some of the others.

Where did the lineman come from?
abe Kassnove, c/o 2025 Linebacker, D.H. Conley HS (Greenville) → Tarboro HS
  • Kassnove was set to be Conley's top returning tackler this fall (69 total stops last year) but transferred to Tarboro High School in January. He now figures to work into the middle of the defense of the back-to-back reigning 1A East champs.
Linebacker not lineman , i stand corrected

Reactions: Doppleganger#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT