ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Talent compared to 2023

Where did this player come from?
Gonna defer comment to the Mayberry faithful since they feverishly deny no one AND I MEAN NO ONE has transferred in. Hows about you whittley old fella can you elaborate. Or how's about you Buzzy bob. We Know yes we do but can you share please. Can we drank the Kool aide straight from the source.

LORD HAVE MERCY ON THE REST OF 1A. THIS MAYBERRY TEAM IS STACKED, Lord have mercy quoted from my favorite fellow poster Rough. ROUGH KNOWS. Hes been telling yall. You just wont listen

Gonna defer comment to the Mayberry faithful since they feverishly deny no one AND I MEAN NO ONE has transferred in. Hows about you whittley old fella can you elaborate. Or how's about you Buzzy bob. We Know yes we do but can you share please. Can we drank the Kool aide straight from the source.

LORD HAVE MERCY ON THE REST OF 1A. THIS MAYBERRY TEAM IS STACKED, Lord have mercy quoted from my favorite fellow poster Rough. ROUGH KNOWS. Hes been telling yall. You just wont listen
Oh it's just something I heard. But I heard it's a given. Certain schools wouldn't take him because of rules that they have or that his school had or something like that. It could just be here say.

I believe this is portal recruit number 27 that has been "reported" by "knowledgeable sources".
And you know when it comes from "certain people" it has to be true.

Maybe Mt Airy will not even need to play any games this year because they will be so good, every single team they face will just forfeit the game rather than be mauled so bad.

I believe this is portal recruit number 27 that has been "reported" by "knowledgeable sources".

Maybe Mt Airy will not even need to play any games this year because they will be so good, every single team they face will just forfeit the game rather than be mauled so bad.
Sure are quite to the pertinent information to the questions at hand. Its gonna be such a fun season of smack talk saying i told you so. Very sensitive and emotional towards this topic sir. Only one other real poster on this board that reports the truth and isnt afraid to tell the truth and thats ole Rough. He might piss some people off sometimes but he reports the truth. Kinda reminds me of the myth, the legend , the latest and the greatest poster of all time ME. We gonna be looking back here in August and saying TOLD YHEA SO

Sure are quite to the pertinent information to the questions at hand. Its gonna be such a fun season of smack talk saying i told you so. Very sensitive and emotional towards this topic sir. Only one other real poster on this board that reports the truth and isnt afraid to tell the truth and thats ole Rough. He might piss some people off sometimes but he reports the truth. Kinda reminds me of the myth, the legend , the latest and the greatest poster of all time ME. We gonna be looking back here in August and saying TOLD YHEA SO
I think the pissing people off is a lot more common than that. Unfortunately I really don't know much anymore. I'll just have to cheer on my cards a little more. Can't get much started on the 2A board though. Still have a fondness for the bears though. Even though what's his name thinks nobody's in the know but him.

I think the pissing people off is a lot more common than that. Unfortunately I really don't know much anymore. I'll just have to cheer on my cards a little more. Can't get much started on the 2A board though. Still have a fondness for the bears though. Even though what's his name thinks nobody's in the know but him.
Roughtrader you do a fine job !
Sometimes you can learn so much but you can not repeat it because it will let almost everyone from Mount Airy know who told you. I can now sit back and watch the show and say I hope to see my buddy again next Friday and hope to learn more since I am showing he can trust me. He did say I could tell he was one of the posters on here but not as regular as most of us and he has not told me his username or avatar. Just expect to see another great Bear team this year and it depends on how fast some of the younger ones step into the big shoes that left but they have it in them for sure. He could not or would not elaborate on transfers. Only there could be baseball transfers that could play some other sports. He left me knowing a lot but wondering even more. Also, I will not verify anything he told me that has already been said on here. He is a great person with a lot of knowledge about those BEARS !

Last edited:
5 more Fridays till i get to say TOLD YHEA SO. TD knows , TD's confidential source knows , whittley has admitted it on here so he knows Buzzbob knows. 5 more Fridays and everyone knows. Why so much love for Rough and not me TD, I've only spoken the truth. My feelings are hurt and i could be a tad bit JEALOUS . But i will tell everyone I am FEEEEEEELLLLLIN BUENOOOOO about the truth ive laid down on here no matter how many buttts it chapped. Heading to the civic center to Manzercise , ive seen most of you here at some point and time , all of you should follow my lead to the civic center , all of yhea could use a little MAZZZZERCISING to say the least. Healthy said of vocal cords but a lot to be had everywhere else

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC811

With the schedule mayberry plays isn't much different. Lot of hype with Starmount , could possibly be a game for 2 quarters. Outside of that Mayberry don't get a pulse of a team till 4th round. Should just let the JV team play up

They asked if i was still here, i respond and the silence is usually a sign of a guilty conscience. This fan base has got caught with there hand in the cookie jar. Big Red knows , Rough knows , TD knows , Buzz knows, Whittley full of (oooops sorry ) KNOWS, EVERYONE KNOWS. Id bet this mayberry team has a stable of backs as good as last year, a qb as good and arm as good as boaz and the weapons to compliment that arm. NO DROP OFF IN MAYBERRY. Funny how proding these folks gets them wound tight. I mean this thing isnt anything new its been going on since brim and france. wouldnt they from patrick county? still cant figure out why everyone is so abrasive. Aint nuttin wrong with it. Its a thing these days right

Oh my goodness, you remind me so much of that infamous 704cougarsdad! It's almost uncanny! He was that loudmouth who couldn't hold back his bravado, and then, when Chambers faced a crushing defeat against Cardinal Gibbons, guess what happened? Just like that, 704cougarsdad vanished into thin air, and out sprang roughtrader4444. Isn't that just the most incredible twist of fate? If anyone even entertains this ridiculous notion, it would not only solidify the idea that it’s you behind the curtain, but it would also reveal the truth—that you're trying to don the masks of others in 4A. Currently there are 4 of you in one. You all talk, spell and cuss quite alike! All 4 of you also LIKE and entertain each others post. How audacious!

Some get tired of hearing the same BS from the same person over and over. Maybe you need some new material like a comedian has to use new jokes and not the same BS in every act. Let us hear something new.
Is that why you have been asked to go away so many times ? Not invited to the tailgate ? Getting clowned by buzzbob continuously. Looking for attention

COME ON

MRMAN27030 said:
I Graduated from Southwest Edgecombe but played little league and middle school ball in Duplin County. I also lived in Winston Salem, then Ma. Worked at RJR but then pursued my passion and wrote sports articles at the MA news. I had kids that played for the North Main Bears and the Franklin Bull dawgs, White plains raiders, south main jets and the pilot mtn redskins. 5 boys 1 girl with 6 different women. They all look just like their mom's boyfriend. TD should know me because we worked side by side at the paper. I used to let him hold my camera sometimes, well most times because he would start whining when i wouldn't, kinda like he does when buzzboy gets on him. I now live in Jokes County travel to Duplin County to work in the pork industry 2 weeks out of every month.

Hopefully that answered all you used to be State Champion fans questions and shut the Whiney boxes up

FIGURE IT OUT -- AS FRED SANFORD WOULD SAY YOU BIG -----

MRMAN27030 said:
I Graduated from Southwest Edgecombe but played little league and middle school ball in Duplin County. I also lived in Winston Salem, then Ma. Worked at RJR but then pursued my passion and wrote sports articles at the MA news. I had kids that played for the North Main Bears and the Franklin Bull dawgs, White plains raiders, south main jets and the pilot mtn redskins. 5 boys 1 girl with 6 different women. They all look just like their mom's boyfriend. TD should know me because we worked side by side at the paper. I used to let him hold my camera sometimes, well most times because he would start whining when i wouldn't, kinda like he does when buzzboy gets on him. I now live in Jokes County travel to Duplin County to work in the pork industry 2 weeks out of every month.

Hopefully that answered all you used to be State Champion fans questions and shut the Whiney boxes up

FIGURE IT OUT -- AS FRED SANFORD WOULD SAY YOU BIG -----
Jeff Linville is the only person that I helped learn photography and touched his camera. He also made a post on Facebook saying I was the one who taught him the most in photography while he was there for the first time in the 1990s in the news department. Then he came back sometime between 2010 to 2015 and covered sports then the news dept. My camera cost probably 10 times what he did since I had a Nikon F-5 Nikon's most expensive camera and I was over the photography dept. and I think he had a Pentax. There is a difference of going out and just taking a picture and using your manual camera settings to make a picture taken at mid-afternoon to look like it was taken at dusk. I don't think this is Jeff, the only person I helped at the news because he is not this stupid. This person is full of 💩💩💩 and believe not anything he says as he is trying to take us for a ride on a roller coaster he does not have. He failed to mention he was the head coach of the New York Jets, lol. So I was a professional photographer and darkroom tech at the News and no one there could have taught me crap and my camera was the only professional camera in the building and I owned 2 of them with several professional lenses that no one else could know how to use unless I trained them. I own the Nikon's new mirrorless professional camera and lenses now which I am still learning some new things since it is more advanced than the mirror cameras. Mirrorless is amazingly sharp pictures.

Last edited:
Who is Mr Ruthledge ? Here i thought we were budddddieeeessss.
Oh man that wasn't towards you that was towards the OIIO dumbass. He got excited about a seven on seven against Chambers. He actually thought they would beat Chambers his two a squad. And he's also also on the Charlotte Catholic board with the same dumbass stuff he spews everywhere else.

Reactions: MRMAN27030
Jeff Linville is the only person that I helped learn photography and touched his camera. He also made a post on Facebook saying I was the one who taught him the most in photography while he was there for the first time in the 1990s in the news department. Then he came back sometime between 2010 to 2015 and covered sports then the news dept. My camera cost probably 10 times what he did since I had a Nikon F-5 Nikon's most expensive camera and I was over the photography dept. and I think he had a Pentax. There is a difference of going out and just taking a picture and using your manual camera settings to make a picture taken at mid-afternoon to look like it was taken at dusk. I don't think this is Jeff, the only person I helped at the news because he is not this stupid. This person is full of 💩💩💩 and believe nTD , used to carry my camera. Then you fell off. After they let you go i found some one else to carry my camera. She was much cuterot anything he says as he is trying to take us for a ride on a roller coaster he does not have. He failed to mention he was the head coach of the New York Jets, lol. So I was a professional photographer and darkroom tech at the News and no one there could have taught me crap and my camera was the only professional camera in the building and I owned 2 of them with several professional lenses that no one else could know how to use unless I trained them. I own the Nikon's new mirrorless professional camera and lenses now which I am still learning some new things since it is more advanced than the mirror cameras. Mirrorless is amazingly sharp pictures.
TD , used to carry my camera. Then you fell off. After they let you go i found some one else to carry my camera. She was much cuter

TD , used to carry my camera. Then you fell off. After they let you go i found some one else to carry my camera. She was much cuter

ROTFLMAO
You are the master Jackass that could not hold my camera.

laughing-donkey.jpg

It won't be long until we can talk football and this Jackass has no team of his own to talk about so he highjacks a team to belittle its fans.

Last edited:

ROTFLMAO
You are the master Jackass that could not hold my camera.

laughing-donkey.jpg

It won't be long until we can talk football and this Jackass has no team of his own to talk about so he highjacks a team to belittle its fans.
Ive told you as much , I am a SWE fan and former player!!! Please read post above for the UMPTENTH time, YOU BIG DU^^Y. I will be moving to the 2a board soon. But i will be back on this board 5 to 6 more times. 1st will be when that all star team from City limits of mayberry scrimmages and after their first couple of games to say I TOLD YOU SO. Then i will be back after SWE plays Tarboro so they can Talk a little S#!T to me for a little retribution. I LIKE TO PLAY FAIR. Then after Tarboro plays Havlock , I will actually be pulling for the vikes in this one always like the underdawg. Then when that all star team travels to Ram country to play their only half a game of the year. Then finally for the State championship game when that allstar team whoops up on the vike for the 3rd consecutive year.

Ive told you as much , I am a SWE fan and former player!!! Please read post above for the UMPTENTH time, YOU BIG DU^^Y. I will be moving to the 2a board soon. But i will be back on this board 5 to 6 more times. 1st will be when that all star team from City limits of mayberry scrimmages and after their first couple of games to say I TOLD YOU SO. Then i will be back after SWE plays Tarboro so they can Talk a little S#!T to me for a little retribution. I LIKE TO PLAY FAIR. Then after Tarboro plays Havlock , I will actually be pulling for the vikes in this one always like the underdawg. Then when that all star team travels to Ram country to play their only half a game of the year. Then finally for the State championship game when that allstar team whoops up on the vike for the 3rd consecutive year.
Mount airy may very well three peat. I know they graduated a LOT, but with the caliber of talent that they have in the program I don't see a severe drop off. In fact I think at minimum they will be in the regional finals. Now with all that being said, You Best pray them vikes don't win it all this year. The crow you'll eat will be something special.

Last edited:
I don't see Mt. Airy being better than they were last year. I think they will be slightly worse, but not much. They lost talent, but have some replacing it too. The main reason I think they srep back slightly is the loss of Ian Gallimore and a 'new coach'. That kid was a leader and it showed. A new man at the helm, in house or not, usually means a few bad game management issues. The loss of Stroup in the kicking game and special teams will hurt some too. Clabo does a good job, but those are big boots to follow. Starting field position helps defense and makes shorter drives. It's doesn't matter much in most Mount Airy games, but late in the playoffs, it can matter. All said, I still think it's another Mt. Airy-Tarboro championship. I have eye on Swain though.

I don't see Mt. Airy being better than they were last year. I think they will be slightly worse, but not much. They lost talent, but have some replacing it too. The main reason I think they srep back slightly is the loss of Ian Gallimore and a 'new coach'. That kid was a leader and it showed. A new man at the helm, in house or not, usually means a few bad game management issues. The loss of Stroup in the kicking game and special teams will hurt some too. Clabo does a good job, but those are big boots to follow. Starting field position helps defense and makes shorter drives. It's doesn't matter much in most Mount Airy games, but late in the playoffs, it can matter. All said, I still think it's another Mt. Airy-Tarboro championship. I have eye on Swain though.
I would have to agree with this. That senior class was super talented

Robbinsville gave Mount Airy a good game in the Western final. And frankly, I think Swain blew that game against Robbinsville twice. Swain was better than their final results last year. Their offense struggled most of the year, but that defensive line was top notch. Kind of expect the same this year, but my main interest is if they get that offense straight. They actually went away from the veer at times last year which was interesting to see from them. As far as Heritage goes, they could be very, very good. They had a younger team, so I would expect them to be just as good as last year. My question on them is basically just do they improve or stay at that same level. I don't know their program that well. Have the kids hitting the weights during the summer and doing workouts? Time will tell.

• Haha
Reactions: BlackCat93
Probably have to agree with you. The loss of the kicker in the punter that's a huge loss. Although clabo was putting it in the end zone on Junior varsity. But not with the frequency of Walker. Conceivably I think they could be better on defense. Just because that whole line is mostly back except for dandy and that's a big if. But clabo is about 6'5 225 right now. And at the other side I don't know in any level, don't laugh, that there is an outside end that combines the athleticism strength and size that Joyce has. You squat 500 plus you bench 350 plus you run a 449 40 on turf. At 15 years old. I guess he might be 16 now. Losing gallimore is the biggest issue on defense. And losing dandy as well. And actually number three the revels kid. I think what they have is four games to get themselves playing up to par before the Starmount game. And then the rest of the season. Before the playoffs. Offensively they're probably faster outside than they were. Martin is back. Joyce is the other running back. Then you have the really good JV kid from last year who's only a sophomore. And he's a Mason. And you have goins that you can put back there as well. He started as a sophomore at receiver and corner but most people probably remember what he did as a freshman I get some really good JV teams. Still there are a ton of question marks. And they've got to be answered. Swain is going to be good. Mountain heritage is going to be good. Staarmount is going to be really good. Then you have the beast in the east. Plus you also have Eastern Randolph. Going to be a fun year to see how they develop. All these teams. I think it's a little more wide open than it was last year for sure.

Not really interested in the childishness on the post but highly interested in the football talk as our favorite time of year is approaching quickly. No drop of at the helm and I would argue that you see the offense open up a little bit. Not saying that the backfield won’t be special but the younger Gallimore kid has a cannon on him for an arm. Leadership from Ian is lost and will be missed. This team will have to establish itself and I’m sure that leader will emerge. To me this team will be way more versatile than last year I think. Extremely excited to see the linebackers. Tyson youmans and John Martin are very intriguing to me as both of them want to hurt you when they hit you. Then to see another year of development of this special sophomore class is exciting as well . I think Claybo fill stroupes shoes easily from what I saw last year and I tend to agree with withley about the question marks in the secondary. If that dynamic gets worked out the sky is the limit for this team. Think the kid from central helps there and adds fun to the qb comp next year. Kid is pretty good and comes from good stock. Fun and exciting to say the least. We know Tarboro is loaded but the Bears defense seems to have their calling card lately. But with what they return they should be and will be the standard this year in 1a in in my honest opinion

Robbinsville gave Mount Airy a good game in the Western final. And frankly, I think Swain blew that game against Robbinsville twice. Swain was better than their final results last year. Their offense struggled most of the year, but that defensive line was top notch. Kind of expect the same this year, but my main interest is if they get that offense straight. They actually went away from the veer at times last year which was interesting to see from them. As far as Heritage goes, they could be very, very good. They had a younger team, so I would expect them to be just as good as last year. My question on them is basically just do they improve or stay at that same level. I don't know their program that well. Have the kids hitting the weights during the summer and doing workouts? Time will tell.
FYI….swain lost 99% of their offense. You can think what you want about last year and maybe you’re right, maybe not. The first game, Robbinsville D dominated the game so I’m not quite sure how they blew it. The second game, sure they lost a big lead, but the question is why? And none of this really matters as a new season is upon us.

I agree Martin and Youman are wrecking balls. I saw that last year. That can lead to missed tackles though. I am just looking for differences between last year and this one as topic asked.

As far as the helm, I don't think it will be drop off either. But communication differences and actually making the calls does vary from coach to coach. Atkins was a good coach, but his first year was riddled with delays of game and unnecessary timeouts because it took too long to get plays in. Pretty sure that was one of the things that was irritating buzz about him that first year. It got fixed, but took sometime to get figured out. I would very much like to see the offense opened up a little more and have more passing game like we saw under Holder. Especially with Landon's arm.
It was one of the things I did not like in Poindexter senior year. Kid was a good QB, but they kind of went away from passing. Understandable consider the running backs coming in at the time, but sometimes you want that big excitement while the ball is the air.

FYI….swain lost 99% of their offense. You can think what you want about last year and maybe you’re right, maybe not. The first game, Robbinsville D dominated the game so I’m not quite sure how they blew it. The second game, sure they lost a big lead, but the question is why? And none of this really matters as a new season is upon us.
Score was tied and Swain was in redzone toward end of game if I remember and threw an interception to Adams who ran it back. Might be wrong, it's been awhile and they are not the main teams I follow.

Score was tied and Swain was in redzone toward end of game if I remember and threw an interception to Adams who ran it back. Might be wrong, it's been awhile and they are not the main teams I follow.
So you don’t remember the only points Swain scored in game 1 was a pick six ? You don’t follow us but you negate the effort the kids put forth in game 2 to make the comeback? Why diminish what happened since you could really care less?

I don't think I did Cat. I said I thought Swain blew the two games. That doesn't mean I diminish the efforts of Robbinsville. It means Swain didn't match those efforts. It says more about Swain than Robbinsville and is why I said they were better than their results.

Some of the dumbest coaching decisions in the history of 1A football. That's how they lost it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT