ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Talent compared to 2023

What dont you get sir , It was a MA Poster making the racial slurs. NOT MYSELF. It was MYSELF only stating the facts that your fan base put out there as highlighted above. IT WAS I that said there was nothing wrong with it and that you should be proud of a program that others want to be a part of . I APOLOGIZE FOR REFERING TO YOUR FANBASE AS BARNEYBOYS and your town BARNEYBORO. IT is your FANBASE that used illicit language. NOT MYSELF. Yes IT WAS I that baited you into a HIDEOUS conversation that your FANBASE admitted to as NOTED above several times then became combative when asked to elaborate. IT WAS YOU THAT TOOK THE BAIT. Funny thing is as noted above you answered all the questions in your post and then became hostile when pressed for more information. Hilarious. Deana answered the question the right way when Starmount entered the conversation. She plainly said that Starmount had kids transfer in and a couple transfer out. Detailed information and admitted to what we all know to be true. Transfers and recruiting are a part of it. Hate to say it but it is what it is. GREAT ANSWER DEANA. Now if we are going cast stones at the charter schools for recruiting or taking transfers then all of HS sports athletics needs to look in the mirror. All i know is if my kid was a football player and talented, playing at a school not successful in football and i wanted him to have an opportunity then you dang right i would be transferring to a school that has a heck of a football program. Why become hostile , that makes it look like you are trying to hide something. Thanks for the entertainment. I knew where this would go when it started , i knew how your fanbase would react. We see it every year when buzz and td go at it or when some one hurts the others feelings. No other fanbase out there like it. This reaction is bout like talking about that Patrick county connection and the slew of running backs that's came to ----------- from there. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣. Now I'm gonna tuck my way back into the woods of JOKES county. Shoot off some Bottle rockets, drank a beer or 10, Pull for my beloved Cougars, especially against that other team and enjoy some football in Teachy NC when I'm at work. Good luck with your all star team this year
I think your post is right. I think the worst thing about this area right now is most of the good kids like mediocrity. I don't think Starmount does. I don't think Mount Airy does. I think you have kids that go to their school and rightly so don't want to go to a different school. And really you should use the talent that you have. There's always going to be some transfers. There's going to be some that leave because they don't like being disciplined like the kid that came here from Mount Airy. Mount Airy unfortunately for the rest of us and I do believe this. Has created a culture of toughness. Physicality. And winners. Which is something that a lot of places don't have anymore. Because they give something to everybody. They're the guys that give a trophy to everyone. What I'm saying is that school system has a lot of programs that some of these country schools don't have. Hail they even ran a construction class this summer. They went back to school early after COVID. One of only three or four in the state that went back to school in person. That's how my family member got there. And when it was time to go back he didn't want to. You know I don't blame people for wanting to go there. They have created a culture of winning in many sports. In my opinion the sport that supports everything else. Football. It's great that other programs wouldn't state championships and they have a great athletic program. Everything's paid for by football. And that's the way it is at almost every school. Except maybe your bigger 3A and 4A with basketball too. When they get those new uniforms for those other sports. They need to thank the football team. And if they're good they really need to thank them. More kids will continue to transfer to Mount Airy. Especially if they're not the everybody gets a trophy kind. And frankly they'll keep going to Starmount too. In fact they already do. From surrounding schools.

I think your post is right. I think the worst thing about this area right now is most of the good kids like mediocrity. I don't think Starmount does. I don't think Mount Airy does. I think you have kids that go to their school and rightly so don't want to go to a different school. And really you should use the talent that you have. There's always going to be some transfers. There's going to be some that leave because they don't like being disciplined like the kid that came here from Mount Airy. Mount Airy unfortunately for the rest of us and I do believe this. Has created a culture of toughness. Physicality. And winners. Which is something that a lot of places don't have anymore. Because they give something to everybody. They're the guys that give a trophy to everyone. What I'm saying is that school system has a lot of programs that some of these country schools don't have. Hail they even ran a construction class this summer. They went back to school early after COVID. One of only three or four in the state that went back to school in person. That's how my family member got there. And when it was time to go back he didn't want to. You know I don't blame people for wanting to go there. They have created a culture of winning in many sports. In my opinion the sport that supports everything else. Football. It's great that other programs wouldn't state championships and they have a great athletic program. Everything's paid for by football. And that's the way it is at almost every school. Except maybe your bigger 3A and 4A with basketball too. When they get those new uniforms for those other sports. They need to thank the football team. And if they're good they really need to thank them. More kids will continue to transfer to Mount Airy. Especially if they're not the everybody gets a trophy kind. And frankly they'll keep going to Starmount too. In fact they already do. From surrounding schools.
Thank you sir , finally some productive conversation. I AGREE WITH THIS POST 1000000000000 percent.

Been in the pork industry for several years. Moved to Jokes county ( ooops Stokes , trying to do better 😂) chasing a woman. Raised a family here never left. Woman's gone and youngins are to. Now its me and a good ole bird dog that don't know nuttin bout birds and barks at his own shadow. He got that from me as you can tell by my post. Couldn't ever make a living around here so i had to hit the road to do so. Teachy isn't much of a town but its a special place to be on Friday nights when I'm lucky enough for my schedule to work out to where i can catch a game. When in town i visit somewhere different every Friday night.

Reactions: roughtrader4444
I guess you all don’t remember the badmouthing Starmount took last Spring during the coaching change. I let that go if you don’t recall.

You wasn’t around when Starmount, Elkin, and SMC posters where bashing everyone. The feuds between Coachrobbie, qwerties, elkinftballfan2003 and the Starmount fans.

Also, the eastern part were repped by all those WRH fans and the one and only TDM from James Kenan.

These posts were nothing compared to how bad they got.

Last edited:
I guess you all don’t remember the badmouthing Starmount took last Spring during the coaching change. I let that go if you don’t recall.

You wasn’t around when Starmount, Elkin, and SMC posters where bashing everyone. The feuds between Coachrobbie, qwerties, elkinftballfan2003 and the Starmount fans.

These posts were nothing compared to how bad they got.
You might ought to get rid of holy roller though, Nobody should talk to you like that. Not for all that you do. But i guess the reason you don't is the reason you are so good. Thanks for offering up and moderating this forum.

So FINALLY a Moderator did something about this "JERK". Why did it take so long??? And so limited?

You remove a racial slur. Great. You should have. But is calling Mt Airy and its various fans all type of discussing names is ok?
What if he was constantly going after Starmount? Would you step then?

There is a lot of jealousness on this Broad toward Tarboro, Eastern Randolph, Robbinsville and especially Mt Airy the past several years.
What are you going to do when it turns to Starmount?

I hope it never does. Is the extra few dollars you and or NCPREPS gets by the additional "hits" generated by this "Jerk" really worth what you lose in respect?

Deana, notice that you and I are the only individuals on this site that actually DO NOT HIDE behind a made up name. What I say I am saying openly, directly, and in in this case, without happiness. Please do your job.

Respectfully, there are not many places like this around. I give folks an avenue to express and have been very lenient on many occasions.

I do this website because I love high school sports and meeting fans, coaches, and players are all over the state, not for money.

You keep talking about “hits” for money. Well, if that’s the case I can get a week’s worth of groceries then.

One day, this will be gone as well.

Reactions: roughtrader4444
So FINALLY a Moderator did something about this "JERK". Why did it take so long??? And so limited?

You remove a racial slur. Great. You should have. But is calling Mt Airy and its various fans all type of discussing names is ok?
What if he was constantly going after Starmount? Would you step then?

There is a lot of jealousness on this Broad toward Tarboro, Eastern Randolph, Robbinsville and especially Mt Airy the past several years.
What are you going to do when it turns to Starmount?

I hope it never does. Is the extra few dollars you and or NCPREPS gets by the additional "hits" generated by this "Jerk" really worth what you lose in respect?

Deana, notice that you and I are the only individuals on this site that actually DO NOT HIDE behind a made up name. What I say I am saying openly, directly, and in in this case, without happiness. Please do your job.
How dare you, Mister Whitley, for telling Ms. King to " do her job. " If you don't like how the moderators operate, don't let the door hit you in your arse.

Happy 4th To one and All !
icegif-70.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: RealStihl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT