ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Talent compared to 2023

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
Ok, let's hear it from any school and any conference across the state, how will this year's team compare to last year? Will it be a running or passing game or mixed but mostly one or the other ? Are we ready for this season to get started, for me, I can't wait ! !

Reactions: KW23
I think we're going to have more talent at East than people realize. I heard we might run the ball a little bit more. I would say the most talented player regardless of position is the Joyce kid and the martin kid from Mount Airy. Heard the Joyce kid is about 230 now 6 foot 2. Ran a laser 4.5 40. Not sadly but toughly for the rest of us they are loaded. They have the Floyd kid on the line. Their quarterback's going to be able to throw the ball which gives them another dimension. I was wishing that keener would stay I think he's super talented but it sounds like he's going to West Stokes. Starmount has some good players it sounds like.. Don't know about anybody else..

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Iredell Co:

Mooresville - Team is still solid with a good core returning - This year I feel like we have some better options in TE/WR area. Our QB is very good and area to improve but He one of the best we have seen in a while. Defense should still be good. I think last yr team slightly more stout on Defense of side but This team will be close and should go 11-0 / 10-1 or 9-2 in all reality.

Statesville: Will be better then last yr . They got some transfers in and there QB in Ethan Peet who did not play football last yr will return for his senior year. Statesville looks to be a possible threat but NL, Hickory And possibly EL stands in their way. Statesville should be balance and they have the talent to make a good playoff run.

Lake Norman: YOUTH! LN will be young this yr and a lot new faces in roles. They got some pieces back but OL will be the area of ?. LN is always competitive and ready to go but with a stout Non conference with Asheville , Marvin Ridge those are 2 tough games out the gate. Gotta win the ones they should win if they wanna have a winning record so they will be DOWN this yr

West Iredell; They are the outlier for me; They have some talent there but A lot new faces on the team n staff so there a ton of ?s - They did pick up Community School of Davidson for week 1 so that game should give us a small indication of
where west iredell will be as CSD has been pretty solid last couple of years.

North Iredell: I just don’t see much improvement in Raider Nation - I don’t know much about this year team and I know they lost some talent due to graduation and they just lost a kid due to transfer so I don’t see much improvement for North.

PLP: Will be a down year but they have the talent to still be competitive and still win their conference but going to be a different looking team - OL will be the ? And how well the new guys fit into their roles. I think they will be Fine but idk if I would stay they are as good as they have been but only time will tell

Catawba:

St Stephens ; Foard ; N-C ; Bunker Hill will be down and I think it will take time for them to get better.

Bandys - Youth on D will be the ? If they are good or not. Offensively they will be able to score but can their D hold so there ain’t many high score affairs.

Maiden is Maiden they are always in the conversation and they have talent.

Hickory - Ever so slightly down but They will be just as good as last yr. they are favorites once again in 3A

Overall for the SMC most teams offensive lines will be experienced and probably the best part of the teams.

Robbinsville- will have a very good offensive line. They have a talented young man if they move him up from JV at RB. Very hard to replace the backfield they had last year but seam to never skip a beat.

Swain- again will have a very big and probably the most experienced Offensive lines in the conference. mostly seniors this year if I’m not mistaken. With expectation of one #55 I believe.

Murphy- Returns some key starters, it looks like they are adding some weight in the weight room. returns a RB that will be a sophomore with plenty of experience in the backfield.

Andrews- lost a few big time lineman. They are young but also return a very experienced back.

Hayesville- Brings back most of their team only to replace a few holes. Probably the best offensive line that Hayesville has had in years but that has yet to be determined. Also bringing back a pretty talented running back.

Cherokee- is a dangerous team could beat anyone at anytime. They seam a little young, but nevertheless will still be solid.

Overall for the SMC most teams offensive lines will be experienced and probably the best part of the teams.

Robbinsville- will have a very good offensive line. They have a talented young man if they move him up from JV at RB. Very hard to replace the backfield they had last year but seam to never skip a beat.

Swain- again will have a very big and probably the most experienced Offensive lines in the conference. mostly seniors this year if I’m not mistaken. With expectation of one #55 I believe.

Murphy- Returns some key starters, it looks like they are adding some weight in the weight room. returns a RB that will be a sophomore with plenty of experience in the backfield.

Andrews- lost a few big time lineman. They are young but also return a very experienced back.

Hayesville- Brings back most of their team only to replace a few holes. Probably the best offensive line that Hayesville has had in years but that has yet to be determined. Also bringing back a pretty talented running back.

Cherokee- is a dangerous team could beat anyone at anytime. They seam a little young, but nevertheless will still be solid.
I could be wrong on this but I think Andrew has around 14 seniors returning this year. They did lose two very good players but have a lot coming back. The rose boy will be a great lineman this year and have experience in the backfield

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT