ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Scrimmage?

Someone told me that Kings Mountain and JM Robinson will be at AL Brown on Aug 9. I’m not sure of time start.

Gaston County FCA Scrimmage 5pm at Mountain Island Aug 10th

JM Robinson Jamboree Friday Aug 16th at 6pm

Plenty more out there, will post them soon

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Has anyone attended any scrimmages. Any thoughts what you seen.
Watched most of the Weddington, Catholic and Monroe scrimmage this morning. All 3 are traditionally successful and well coached programs. Weddington looked like the most complete team of the 3 but would expect them to be as the returning 2023 4A champion. However, all 3 had some bright moments. Kudos to all 3 coaches who truly used this as a scrimmage to find out who could play. Everyone is undefeated and looks good in shorts at the start of the season but it's always good to see who likes contact. It was extremely controlled with QB protection and no special teams play. A lot of early season sloppiness all around to work out but that is what these are for and all 3 teams have the potential to make some noise this year. Extremely impressed with the size and athletes at Monroe as they are a 2A school and more than held their own with two perennially strong 4A programs. They play up early in the season but will be an extremely tough out at the 2A level if they stay healthy.

I went to East Forsyth for the East Forsyth Grimsley scrimmage. Grimsley looks to be back to the 2019 style with Nora. Running down hill in 2 and 3 back sets with multiple pulling linemen. #22 maybe one of the best RBs in the State. He's undersized but runs with a ton of power and speed.

East Forsyth has one of the best pure pocket passing QBs I've seen at the HS level. None of the route concepts were complicated but he put the ball on every WR in the perfect spot. He's gotten way better and looks like the future of UNC football.

Davis on defense for Grimsley is maybe the best pure DE in the state. Huge and Fast. He better get use to double and triple teams because he's on another level and everyone playing him will never leave him one on one unless they're asking to get beat.

East Forsyth WRs & LBs are better than expected. WRs get to their spot and Baker puts it on them. The LBs are aggressive but sometimes their fits are off. I'm sure they'll get better as the season goes.

All in all a great scrimmage. Brown and Willert both have strong teams that will be contenders again. East's path is a lot harder in the CPC with West, and Tabor.

Let's play some football!!!

One from SC last night...at Duncan....Dutch Fork 56 Byrnes 0

Oh my....Tommy, Tommy, Tommy....

Fear The Fox...
Byrnes had a mass exodus of top players leave this off season. I won’t say why because that’s not my business to put out but this isn’t a shocker at all.

I went to East Forsyth for the East Forsyth Grimsley scrimmage. Grimsley looks to be back to the 2019 style with Nora. Running down hill in 2 and 3 back sets with multiple pulling linemen. #22 maybe one of the best RBs in the State. He's undersized but runs with a ton of power and speed.

East Forsyth has one of the best pure pocket passing QBs I've seen at the HS level. None of the route concepts were complicated but he put the ball on every WR in the perfect spot. He's gotten way better and looks like the future of UNC football.

Davis on defense for Grimsley is maybe the best pure DE in the state. Huge and Fast. He better get use to double and triple teams because he's on another level and everyone playing him will never leave him one on one unless they're asking to get beat.

East Forsyth WRs & LBs are better than expected. WRs get to their spot and Baker puts it on them. The LBs are aggressive but sometimes their fits are off. I'm sure they'll get better as the season goes.

All in all a great scrimmage. Brown and Willert both have strong teams that will be contenders again. East's path is a lot harder in the CPC with West, and Tabor.

I don’t consider Baker a pocket passer. The kid has some serious wheels!!!!!

Davis actually is the best Edge in the state and one of the top edges in the country. His ranking only dropped due to not playing much last season because of injury but his sophomore year was dominate. When they played New Bern they actually ran away from his side majority of the time. He’s been Grimsley’s best defensive player since he stepped foot on campus and that includes when they had Jarrett and a few others.

Reactions: RammanuelKant

Pound for pound, to borrow boxing terminology, Summers may be the best skill
player in the state. He had 2k rushing and 30 TDs last year year in a pass dominant offense. More ball control this year to shorten the game and enhance an improved D will see the numbers repeated. Losing Davis in Week 2 last year may well have cost them another championship. Ian guessing East and Grimsley will meet again around Thanksgiving.

Reactions: 500HP_Devil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT