June 25 Cleveland County, 1:30
June 27 Davidson County, 7
June 28 at Mocksville, 7
June 30 at Davidson County, 7
July 1 Kannapolis, 7
July 2 at Kannapolis, 7
July 3 Mocksville, 7
July 7 Playoff

Dang 35 games in 45 days. You best love baseball with that schedule.
My high school and legion coach (Buck Hardee) told me one question the scouts always asked him was, “does the kid love baseball”. Seems like an odd question until you realize it becomes like a job, even in college. Not sure if the same question applies to todays kids (it’s been 40 years) but I do wonder how the occasional weekend at a showcase or tournament compares to the legion ball grind during June and July. Hot and sometimes very few fans lets you know very quickly how much a player loves baseball. In addition, I think legion ball reveals how much a player is willing to sacrifice for the sake of the team by bunting, hitting behind the runner etc. Maybe I am just getting too old but my legion years were awesome summers.

I seen where Rowan goes 4-0 on the season. Best of luck to Rowan Co for rest of the season.

Good win for Rowan. They are clicking. As soon as I get a chance I want to go see them play. Looks like June 8 at Concord will be my next best chance to watch them play. What field will this game be played at.

Randolph Co must be tough. Anyway hopefully Rowan will rebound in this next game.

Yesterday Hamlet defeated Rowan 8-5 but would bounce back with a win over Chatham Co. 8-5.

Good win for Rowan. Keep it up. I didn’t get to see them play against Concord last week but will try and make it this Friday against Randolph Co.

Rowan Legion Post 342. Congrats Corbin Bailey on the No Hitter through 5 inning game with a 12-0 win tonight advancing him to 3-0 on the season for Post 342.

RC 17-2

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I’m planning on heading to see Rowan play against Randolph Co. hopefully if nothing comes up. Randolph will be tough. They defeated Rowan 10-5 last matchup.

This is the rubber match as each has won a game this year. Hopeully I'll make this game as well.
I was curious about the seats. Do they have plenty of seats. Or could I bring a chair as well.

Last edited:
Final: Rowan 6, Davidson County 1

Logan Dyer wins it. Alex Hagler and Morgan Padgett pitched an inning. Luke Graham 3 hits. JT Taylor homer. Hayden Simmerson and Aiden Schenck 2 RBIs.

RC 18-2

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I’m here at Graham Field at Catawba College. My first visit. Very nice field. Some man I talked with said they put in new turf and later they are going to add to the stadium. Also they are having football Camp for the college players. I guess.

Last edited:
Good crowd out here. I will make a final score update. But 1st inning Rowan made a big play with the batter from the other team hit a line drive to the pitcher then he turns around throwing to second then the ball was thrown to 1st base by making a triple play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT