ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Cleveland County Jamboree

burnsbulldogtweeter

Sep 12, 2013
Polkville, NC
www.facebook.com
Here's the lineup for the Cleveland County Jamboree Wednesday 8/9/23 at Shelby High School (h/t Jimmy Sherman, Cleveland County Sports Facebook)

6:00 KM vs. AC Reynolds
7:00 Crest vs Monroe
8:00 Burns vs South Point
9:00 Shelby vs South Meck

That’s right, a Wednesday jamboree this year because it’s Shelby’s turn to host and the American Legion World Series starts the following night. 😳 The last time it conflicted Shelby hosted at Gardner-Webb. But I guess that wasn’t an option this time. I hope Burns will host a live scrimmage Friday night the 11th.

Some fun matchups. Looking forward to Burns-South Point.

Last edited:
Here's the lineup for the Cleveland County Jamboree Wednesday 8/9/23 at Shelby High School (h/t Jimmy Sherman, Cleveland County Sports Facebook)

That’s right, a Wednesday jamboree this year because it’s Shelby’s turn to host and the American Legion World Series starts the following night. 😳 The last time it conflicted Shelby hosted at Gardner-Webb. But I guess that wasn’t an option this time. I hope Burns will host a live scrimmage Friday night the 11th.

This is a good line up.

Reactions: notanyonesfan

Should’ve just let KM host again but I no it’s not that easy! KM don’t have to worry about field conditions and has plenty of parking.. The parking at the other 3 county schools are getting scarce

Should’ve just let KM host again but I no it’s not that easy! KM don’t have to worry about field conditions and has plenty of parking.. The parking at the other 3 county schools are getting scarce
We needed to play on Wednesday anyway since we are in the main event against Gaffney at their big jamboree. As far as parking in Km they have a lot but can be a nightmare getting out.

We needed to play on Wednesday anyway since we are in the main event against Gaffney at their big jamboree. As far as parking in Km they have a lot but can be a nightmare getting out.
Facts! Shelby has the best parking, in my opinion. Didn’t know Shelby scrimmages Gaffney this upcoming season. Awesome!

Facts! Shelby has the best parking, in my opinion. Didn’t know Shelby scrimmages Gaffney this upcoming season. Awesome!
I know Shelby goes to Gaffney to play in the McDonalds Kick off classic. Just messing with the charger posters who think they have the toughest schedule in the country.

If anything Crest needed to host to make up for the sinkhole in 2021. Shelby could have still been the host school. But yeah not that easy.

Reactions: Crestuff
It should be at GWU every year with the "host" school changing each year. Shame that can't come together.
Maybe in 10 years are so GWU will get a School President who actually wants the surrounding community on campus for not only High School Football but to cheer on all there sports related events

Reactions: smashmouth5
Maybe in 10 years are so GWU will get a School President who actually wants the surrounding community on campus for not only High School Football but to cheer on all there sports related events
They did allow several high schools to bring their basketball cheerleaders to their games this year. Would be cool if they could do that for football too.

Let them charge for parking. Host school gets concessions. Gate is split. GWU gets a lot of kids and their parents on campus. Kids get play on a college field, most will never get that chance. Opportunity to promote Cleveland County. Makes sense...guess that's why it will never happen.

Let them charge for parking. Host school gets concessions. Gate is split. GWU gets a lot of kids and their parents on campus. Kids get play on a college field, most will never get that chance. Opportunity to promote Cleveland County. Makes sense...guess that's why it will never happen.
Lol but they wanted it all and could care less if we saw there campus and I’m sure you no the rest..

I hate we go against SP. I don't think we play anyone this year that uses the option attack offense. So our defense will have to prep for that then quickly forget it. It should be a good test for our offense however.

I hate we go against SP. I don't think we play anyone this year that uses the option attack offense. So our defense will have to prep for that then quickly forget it. It should be a good test for our offense however.

If by small chance you ever make it to the championship....greater chance you might run into one of those run first teams.

Kings Mountain 14
AC Reynolds 14

Crest 7
Monroe 8 (2-pt conversion for "win")

Burns 14
South Point 0

Shelby 21
South Mecklenburg 14

That two point conversion for monroe was something

rolled right, he threw it 50 yards across the field to a wide open kid in the endzone...

That matchup was fun to watch... to me the most competitive.... .Everyone in 2A watch out for Monroe this year

I texted a former KM coach pal and told him every kid on Monroe looked 6'2 220... Just athletic everywhere... that 11 at linbacker is a MAN out there...

That two point conversion for monroe was something

rolled right, he threw it 50 yards across the field to a wide open kid in the endzone...

That matchup was fun to watch... to me the most competitive.... .Everyone in 2A watch out for Monroe this year

I texted a former KM coach pal and told him every kid on Monroe looked 6'2 220... Just athletic everywhere... that 11 at linbacker is a MAN out there...
They are solid! Very good football team! Experience is what helped Burns get past them last year but they will be a major problem in 2A.

Gardner Webb has sports ?

Reactions: 87SwO
Hard to really tell in a jamboree. Teams don’t show their cards. But I thought Shelby looked better on offense than defense, Crest looked better on defense than offense, well until that blown coverage on the Monroe 2 point conversion, Burns looked good on both sides of the ball (really should’ve won 21-0) and I didn’t get there in time to see KM because me and the bro stopped to eat at Pleasant City. I was glad to see Ben Mauney running the ball. Just need to work on the false starts. And the Shelby crew just needs to paint the field themselves. The computer system they used to mark the lines did not work… they had marked the goal line 5 yards off and they didn’t catch it for 40 yards. So there were 2 goal lines, 2 10s, 2 20s, 2 30s, and 2 40s on the scoreboard side of the field 😆.

Hard to really tell in a jamboree. Teams don’t show their cards. But I thought Shelby looked better on offense than defense, Crest looked better on defense than offense, well until that blown coverage on the Monroe 2 point conversion, Burns looked good on both sides of the ball (really should’ve won 21-0) and I didn’t get there in time to see KM because me and the bro stopped to eat at Pleasant City. I was glad to see Ben Mauney running the ball. Just need to work on the false starts. And the Shelby crew just needs to paint the field themselves. The computer system they used to mark the lines did not work… they had marked the goal line 5 yards off and they didn’t catch it for 40 yards. So there were 2 goal lines, 2 10s, 2 20s, 2 30s, and 2 40s on the scoreboard side of the field 😆.

Geez Shelbyville storyteller will come explain soon. The 20 deep group will have an excuse......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT