ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NC Sportswriters All-State Team

Congratulations to Tyler Mason of Mt. Airy. Well deserved. Isaac Weaver of Andrews is well deserved! Luke Rector of Draughn is well deserved!

Any more 1A's listed? I didn't read every name in honorable mention.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
JK Adkins of Mt. Airy should have won coach of the year in my opinion. MA only team to stop the Tarboro running attack in the last 6 years Tarboro was in the finals. He is in my book!

Reactions: sbbbfan
JK Adkins of Mt. Airy should have won coach of the year in my opinion. MA only team to stop the Tarboro running attack in the last 6 years Tarboro was in the finals. He is in my book!
JK did a great job.

I thought East Lincoln was the most impressive team in comparison to their competition in the state finals. Most people had them as underdogs in their playoff last three games.

Torrey Nowell at New Bern had an impressive team that did it with a run only offense. Old schooling.

For me, I give it to Battle Holley. I don't think anyone was giving East Duplin a chance but they came in smashing and crashing.

So how many yards does he have and how much is the school record

I like keeping up with stats like these.
He will beat that TD record for sure and another dee
p run should give him a chance at that 5,800 record.

Robbinsville running back is in the same boat.
Both are Juniors . Our TD record is 95 I think
That won't be broken but the SMC rushing record will. Assuming both stay healthy.
Our guy is at 4,700 I think and the record is 6,100+.
I hope both make it
You should start a thread for it and update it every week next year.

our Sports historian does a real good job of find old stuff for the schools record books….basketball was a Bear (lol) but he’s found almost all games….the Football stuff was tough the early years (1st game 1915) but he got it done…gonna be fun to watch #5 try to get the record……not getting to play full games didn’t help

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT