ADVERTISEMENT

2022/2023 2A Boys Basketball Thread

Was a fun game to watch
Sounds like it was worth the wait ... game didn't start until after 9.

Rams had 5 players score in double figures tonight led by Harrison with 29 and Neal with 28. Johnson added 13, Lee and Baggett 10 each.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Shout out for West Wilkes.

They beat Surry Central last night according to Max Preps.

The boys from Millers Creek must be sneaky good….. or possibly something has happened to Surry Central….they’ve lost 3 in a row.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Sounds like it was worth the wait ... game didn't start until after 9.

Rams had 5 players score in double figures tonight led by Harrison with 29 and Neal with 28. Johnson added 13, Lee and Baggett 10 each.
Yes. The refs thought the girls game was about them . Even in a 30 pt game they called every touch foul. Was at least 9:30 before boys started

Yes. The refs thought the girls game was about them . Even in a 30 pt game they called every touch foul. Was at least 9:30 before boys started
I heard JV girls game started late and that puts everything behind schedule.

too many games at the same site on the same day...............girls need to play their games on a different day.........that way you could have jayvee and varsity games of both genders starting at a reasonable time.........................

Andrews will be a tough out in the playoffs and they played a tough non conference
I think stamina got to Andrews. Rams just kept pushing the tempo and Andrews matched it for a half then within 3 minutes of the 3rd it was a 17 point game. They kept fighting but just was gassed.

Andrews is a top 10 team, in the 5-10 range. i haven’t seen Farmville but I’d be hard pressed to believe they are better than Reidsville. 2 super athletic teams going at it. Reidsville just had more gas. First half was as good of a half of basketball as i’ve seen, punch for punch. Reidsville created distance in the third with a nice run to take control.

too many games at the same site on the same day...............girls need to play their games on a different day.........that way you could have jayvee and varsity games of both genders starting at a reasonable time.........................
Probably can't enough help to man the tickets and concessions.

It’s fun entertainment. Even when shots aren’t falling they battle and keep grinding on the boards. Great free throw shooting as well.
Reidsville highlights from hudl ... you have to watch the commercial before the highlights:

as of 1/22/23
6 games left in regular season

2A East Boys #1

2A/3A
Northeastern Coastal(Hertford County)
Northern Lakes(South Granville)
The Big East(No Team)
2A/1A
Coastal Plains(East Carteret)
Mid-Carolina(Seaforth)
Super Six(Franklin Academy)
Waccamaw(Trask)
2A
East Central(Kinston)
Eastern Plains(Farmville Central)
Neuse 6(Goldsboro)
South Eastern Athletic(East Bladen/St Pauls)

as of 1/22/23

6 games left in regular season

2A West Boys #1's

2A
Catawba Valley(West Caldwell)
Foothills(North Surry)
Mid-State(Reidsville)
Mountain Foothills(Hendersonville)
2A/1A
Catawba Shores(Lincoln Charter)
Central Carolina(Salisbury)
PAC-7(Randleman/SW Randolph)
Southern Piedmont(East Gaston/Shelby)
Western Highlands(No Team)
Yadkin Valley(JM Robinson)
2A/3A
Rocky River(Monroe)

Barely have enough officials now, this would never work and the costs to the schools wouldnt work as well

Barely have enough officials now, this would never work and the costs to the schools wouldnt work as well
basketball officials call 2 games (not 4) ... I know of some officials who don't mind calling middle school and JV games because they are usually more local and don't have the late travel.

High school OT was at the Reidsville-Andrews game -- excellent video and article. Reidsville also moved into highschoolOT top 25.
check out the link:

Last edited:
basketball officials call 2 games (not 4) ... I know of some officials who don't mind calling middle school and JV games because they are usually more local and don't have the late travel.
so you think that playing basketball games five days a week would work ( you are oblivious to how high school basketball runs),

so you think that playing basketball games five days a week would work ( you are oblivious to how high school basketball runs),
What ..?! I'm just saying having all four games at one site has nothing to do with officials availability since the same officials are not going to call all four. The reason they play all four at the same site is the school staff manpower and maybe availability of busses.

Last edited:
What ..?! I'm just saying having all four games at one site has nothing to do with officials availability since the same officials are going to call all four. The reason they play all four at the same site is the school staff manpower and maybe availability of busses.
It’s not realistic to have one crew of officials call four games back to back on a regular basis.

Reactions: thekidd12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT