ADVERTISEMENT

2022/2023 2A Boys Basketball Thread

Randleman 70, Ledford 52.

Tigers jumped out to 22-5 lead. Ledford slowly crawled (and I mean....slowly crawled) back into it and cut the Tiger lead to around eight at half. Ledford had a lot of trouble stopping Tyshaun Goldston and Christian Long in the second half.

After watching ER play for so long, It seems like all the other teams are moving in quicksand.

Randleman 70, Ledford 52.

Tigers jumped out to 22-5 lead. Ledford slowly crawled (and I mean....slowly crawled) back into it and cut the Tiger lead to around eight at half. Ledford had a lot of trouble stopping Tyshaun Goldston and Christian Long in the second half.

After watching ER play for so long, It seems like all the other teams are moving in quicksand.
Ain’t always been that way Chute…
Bill Spencer had Andy Headen and Jackie McNeill run four corners for entire games…

Have I ever mentioned how old I am???

The Reidsville Varsity Girls game has been suspended and the the Varsity Boys game postponed due to water leakage on the gym floor. Varsity girls game will resume and the varsity boys game will start on a date to be determined.

I’m just glad the Rams are getting back on the map in Bball. I know Coach Ross Coach Eddie Coach Artis Coach Neal. All great guys that out a lot of effort for years in these young men. I told Eddie awhile back i look forward to him and Jerod coaching up my son at a young age. Not saying this team will win it all but glad to see hard work pay off. Then the community supporting them. Keep it up 🐏

I stick to my original statement lol
Ok Saturday then

Reidsville was supposed to play Parkland Saturday. I think that got cancelled. I wonder if we could add a marque game non conference. 3 games have been cancelled off the non conference 2 from Cummings and now Parkland. Would love to play Dudley this season, could you imagine that environment?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Reidsville was supposed to play Parkland Saturday. I think that got cancelled. I wonder if we could add a marque game non conference. 3 games have been cancelled off the non conference 2 from Cummings and now Parkland. Would love to play Dudley this season, could you imagine that environment?
Yea that would be great. We need to make up some games. They have almost a week in bw games coming up too

Reidsville 82, McMichael 64 - Rams race out to 41-24 halftime lead and move to 11-0 on the season. Closest margin has been 15, but still ahead are two games each against Morehead and High Point Andrews.

Reidsville 82, McMichael 64 - Rams race out to 41-24 halftime lead and move to 11-0 on the season. Closest margin has been 15, but still ahead are two games each against Morehead and High Point Andrews.
Highlights from game via hudl ... bunch of steals, assists and dunks ... scroll down to Reidsville videos.

Looks like Farmville central is the favorite in the East and North Surry in the West. Both Have very recent State Championship pedigree....

Maiden travels over to Newton Conover tonight. This game will be for outright 2nd place in the CVAC at the midpoint of the conference season.

Heard that Maiden has a new transfer from Tennessee that got some minutes in their last game against Lincolnton…..a big 6’6” freshman that’s apparently pretty good.

I’ll see tonight as I plan on attending the game.

Go Blue!

as of 1/22/23

3 weeks left in regular season

2A East Boys #1

2A/3A
Northeastern Coastal(Hertford County)
Northern Lakes(South Granville)
The Big East(No Team)
2A/1A
Coastal Plains(East Carteret)
Mid-Carolina(Seaforth)
Super Six(Franklin Academy)
Waccamaw(Trask)
2A
East Central(Kinston)
Eastern Plains(Farmville Central)
Neuse 6(Goldsboro)
South Eastern Athletic(East Bladen/St Pauls)

Last edited:
as of 1/22/23

3 weeks left in regular season

2A West Boys #1's

2A
Catawba Valley(West Caldwell)
Foothills(North Surry)
Mid-State(Reidsville)
Mountain Foothills(Hendersonville)
2A/1A
Catawba Shores(Lincoln Charter)
Central Carolina(Salisbury)
PAC-7(Randleman/SW Randolph)
Southern Piedmont(East Gaston/Shelby)
Western Highlands(No Team)
Yadkin Valley(JM Robinson)
2A/3A
Rocky River(Monroe)

Last edited:
How about the new player?
I’m guessing he is 6’ 5” and he is built like a tight end. He played at least half of the game.
For a freshman…..I was very impressed. He is still fitting in but he played a smart game. I look for him to be very good in the future.

Overall…Maiden played well last night…especially on the defensive side….Newton Conover is a tough out….they are bigger than Maiden down low and that #5 guard Stinson can shoot.

It was a great road win for Maiden against a tough rival….that’s for sure.

I’m guessing he is 6’ 5” and he is built like a tight end. He played at least half of the game.
For a freshman…..I was very impressed. He is still fitting in but he played a smart game. I look for him to be very good in the future.

Overall…Maiden played well last night…especially on the defensive side….Newton Conover is a tough out….they are bigger than Maiden down low and that #5 guard Stinson can shoot.

It was a great road win for Maiden against a tough rival….that’s for sure.
New football guy too?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT