ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Franklin vs #6 Monroe RD3

Originally posted by Squirrel Gravy:
Little bit of film on the Monroe team this year.

Monroe vs. TW Andrews

Weddington vs. Monroe

Maxpreps has some hudl clips, too.

This post was edited on 11/24 3:08 PM by Squirrel Gravy
Film on Franklin

Entire game sets:

Tuscola - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VtWeIg2O2c&list=UU_zzr8r4zmzN9gcuYuNRDvQ

East Henderson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3q-8mTxIps&list=UU_zzr8r4zmzN9gcuYuNRDvQ

Brevard - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdauWJbtJwQ&index=34&list=UU_zzr8r4zmzN9gcuYuNRDvQ

Highlights:

Wilkes Central - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAD5CfLXnF8&list=UU_zzr8r4zmzN9gcuYuNRDvQ

Smoky Mountain - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CdKJuXRXAk&list=UU_zzr8r4zmzN9gcuYuNRDvQ

Brevard - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG800PwzCEU&list=UU_zzr8r4zmzN9gcuYuNRDvQ

There are plenty more on this channel.

This post was edited on 11/25 2:26 PM by Thunder.Head

After seeing that film, I'm blown away at how good Franklin is. They are everything and more that all you guys said they were.

Franklin kids play smash mouth. Fullback likes to hurt people and can motor. There will be some nasty hits in that game by both. Mouth puncher games are fun to watch.

Film is film, however, I wasn't expecting to see Franklin be that physical. It's hard for me to qualify it based on the competition because I know very little about the teams in the film, and not going to take the time to research them but they will be tough on Monroe. If Monroe's kids don't respond to getting hit in the mouth then it will be a war. I still think Monroe will weather the storm and win but Franklin may surprise me.

Not a fan of either as you know but I would like to see this game. I new Monroe would still be in it at this point. People don't understand records have little bearing when you play up and stiff teams.

Thunder.Head
Do you have film on the two 1A schools Murphy and Swain County they seem to give you more competition than the other schools you played.

RadioCheck, game time Friday. 7:00 or 7:30? Thinking of making the trip over with some Haywood County boys. We will sit on your side and wear the black and gold with pride.

7:30. Come on in. As long as you got 7 bucks we wont turn you away.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Franklin does look like a physical team and against good competition namely Murphy. I saw in the newspaper clippings that J.Young is 5'11 and 230 pounds. He looks like a bull and in movement reminds me of Central Cabarrus' Natrone Means.

I don't know much about the Panthers and most fans here probably don't either but I thought they were a running team, only, like us. In the clips their passing attack looks good. Not being one dimensional might be very helpful against Monroe. Good luck to you guys.

Franklin is a run 1st team. They run it because they can, not because they have to. They are a disciplined I team that does not usually reach deep in the playbook. Again, they don't usually have to. They do what they do very well and dare you to stop it. They do not make many mistakes. They are as well coached as any team you will see.

The defense is the best I have seen at Franklin since Goldsmith first arrived in 2001. For the most part, starters had only played about two quarters per game with the exception of Murphy and Pisgah games this year until playoffs. They have outscored their opponents 387 to 30 in the first half this year. That is 30 points given up in 13 games by starting D.

They will play the best group of athletes that they have seen thus far on Friday night. Franklin has a few key guys hurt right now. I will not divulge who they are for obvious reasons. But you can bet its a "next man up" mentality in that locker room. They will come to play. #36 is a real leader and a guy that any of you would like on your team.

10629556_10203536727643717_5681573163907961003_n.jpg

I watched the video against nonconference teams,and man I gotta say that #36 is one tuff dude he can play on my team any day of the week that kids no joke,I love those kind of players looks like he's got some wheels to,and the other guy #33 I think is pretty dang good also,the QB likes to roll to his right and is accurate doing it,Monroe will be in for a knock down dragout fight in this one,#36 will flat lay it on you,he impressed me so much I watched it 3 times!!.....somebody tell that kid he's got a new fan in thomasville!!

This post was edited on 11/26 6:03 AM by TVILLEDAWG2370

This post was edited on 11/26 6:06 AM by TVILLEDAWG2370

Fred Goldsmith was one heck of a coach. Guy is a great recruiter and motivator. He turned the program around at Lenoir-Rhyne University. His work lead to LRU playing in the national championship game last year with his recruits. LRU went undefeated again this year in the regular season.

Radio, does the Young kid have any offers? Is he the last one, wasn't there three Young brothers?

Good luck to the Franklin Panthers from a Swain fan! I have great respect for coach Brooks & your program, class act great kids & a top notch program! Coach Brooks has these young men playing smash mouth football & believing they can win,this game reminds me of the 2011 Swain team that faced Monroe. I Think Franklin is just to tough in the Pit & Young company will get the job done!

I think there are 3 or 4 more Young brothers on the jv and 5 Durm brothers in middle school as we speak.

I am a franklin fan but I am from Rville. Franklin wins 28 to 20. These guys will never learn. Speed is not all that. If you cant walk and chew gum at the same time it might not work out for you.

Wishful thinking. He is the last of the original four, but I hear Josh, who is the oldest, has been reproducing. Franklin can only hope the next generation is as good!!!

As a Murphy fan I wish Franklin good luck Friday night. Show them what mountain football is all about.

If you cant walk and chew gum at the same time it might not work out for you.

My guess is if you can't do those two things you would not be playing FB.

Monroe has indeed produced some players. Impressive list. Are any of the guys on this years team college prospects?

My prediction
Monroe 37
Franklin 20
by my calculations Monroe is 2.5 TD's better than Franklin
I was wright last week when I said Monroe was 7.5 TD's better than Ash County

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT