ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Franklin vs #6 Monroe RD3

Champ I didn't compare the 2 teams. You said last week Salisbury had more speed than us....wrong, so you can save your speed talk. You have not seen Owen or Franklin and just like the last poster said....save your racist comments.

This post was edited on 11/23 4:48 PM by owen98

FranklinFan,

That clip is great but doesn't tell the whole story I that game. If you could have seen when the tide started rising you could read it in the body language.

And if you guys notice Champ didn't have much to say after the reminder of the Swain game. Y'all take care of business and the trash talkers will disappear. Go get em Franklin!

Owen you beat a 5 win team Salisbury ok good for you. We'll see what happens this week or next week.

As for Franklin, aren't you guys always a #1 seed but never make it to the ship. Didn't you lose to a 16 seed last year? Ok Franklin here's your chance to make noise.

Lol low-racist. Wow that's a first. Being an athlete has nothing to do with race. Weddington is a very athletic team guess what their team is 60-70% white. Boy o boy simple minded folks on the mountain. Elementary, you get upset because someone thinks your team will lose, kick rocks. I still think Monroe is going to smash Franklin. So we'll see what happens

Actually Salisbury was a 6 win team and we didn't just beat them. No contest. They 6 wins vs all that speed down there. Simple minded huh. Your western final was Carver vs North Rowan.....

Hey Chump 24, which Franklin poster on here has ever said how good they were. Please give me an example of bragging etc. Now you might have read one of these guys from WNC talking about our program. Franklin gets their horses out of the same barn they do and have managed to go undefeated 3 of the last 4 years. All things equal, that's pretty impressive. If you don't have the intellect or walnuts to compliment that, then I would guess you have never played, coached or truly understand football.

Franklin has received some high seeds because they are going undefeated. But who cares about seeds? Better football teams win. Franklin lost a halftime lead last year to a good team. Parkwood made it how far last year? Look it up.

And again brother, let's say that you are absolutely right. No one would think that a bunch of white mountain kids are going to be as fast as black kids from Charlotte. Sounds right to me.

You just sound like a real douche when you think that you have to enlighten everybody about it. LOL. But do carry on.....

Hey owen98- I love it when slow white guys get on a computer and tell other slow white guys how slow they are. LOL

Bro I'm not from the mountains and far from simple minded. Don't let that small town Statesville mentality fool you. You would be in shock if you met me.

Yeah I know. He is a troll. He is only over here because his awesome Intel said they would win the state title last year and pre season this year and statesville always get beat. They should have lost Friday. They laughed at him and cracked on him so much on the 3a board he had jump ship. Heck they sent out a Amber alert for him but after several weeks he finally was found in Crest's football stadium asking God to please have the Charger fans to stop picking on him.

Still waiting on a Franklin fan to throw a score out there.....and illuminati started last week telling us how hard Ashe would hit, etc. Franklin is surely a fine team as they always are during the regular season. I just don't see them getting it done this week.

And just caught illuminati playing the race card again this week. You are trash dude, pure trash. I let it slide last week but it's obvious that's your go to when you don't like what people say about your team or football in your area. If you don't believe that Monroe will have more athletes rhan Franklin than you are living under a rock, and it doesn't matter if you are white, black, orange or purple.

You would be in shock if you met me.

Meaning? Are you black?

This post was edited on 11/23 8:19 PM by No.1RamsFan

Why he says that is because being from high point I guarantee you havent seen Franklin live so your basis on saying they have more athletes is a demographic racial comment. Your in other words saying those white boys in the mtns couldn't possibly be athletes like Monroe's black boys. Say what you want but be real. That's what you are saying. You're not gonna let it pass. Come on dude. Who are you? I for one will tell you I am glad we have all the players at Owen we have white or black orange or purple. We have great kids and our best athlete is black but we have some good white athletes as well. So because your boys are in a politically correct demographic area doesn't mean since we aren't we don't have cycles of athletes.

This post was edited on 11/23 8:21 PM by owen98

I know that my senior year Monroe come to Owen in the first round and lost 53-6 So much for that speed then. 1997 football season.

This post was edited on 11/23 8:29 PM by owen98

Originally posted by GoNtheDistance:
Still waiting on a Franklin fan to throw a score out there.....and illuminati started last week telling us how hard Ashe would hit, etc. Franklin is surely a fine team as they always are during the regular season. I just don't see them getting it done this week.
You won't see a Franklin poster guess a score. They are smarter than that. They spend their time wishing the best for the young men that take the field. And yes, they are realistic. And yes, Josh Brooks will prepare his team to compete even in the face of bold warnings by the great Go N the Distance.Franklin posters, fans, coaches, and players all know that across the board they are slower. My youngest son is 8 and he knows that. Congrats on that observation being your only contribution to the discussion of this game. You sound like a real genius.
I, for one, will not guess a score. But I will guess that you don't even understand just how speed really affects the game. I'd also guess that you never participated in film breakdown. And I would sure bet that no one that mattered has ever asked you your opinion.

And by the way, your superior athletic ability at HPA required you to come from behind by 10 with 2mins to go in 2005 to beat Franklin 27-24. Hardly the drubbing I bet you predicted.

Fred Goldsmith (former Bobby Dodd winner) was our head coach. I bet he didn't even know that the demographics were different from Franklin to High Point. He should have asked you.......

Originally posted by RadioCheck:
And by the way, your superior athletic ability at HPA required you to come from behind by 10 with 2mins to go in 2005 to beat Franklin 27-24. Hardly the drubbing I bet you predicted.

Fred Goldsmith (former Bobby Dodd winner) was our head coach. I bet he didn't even know that the demographics were different from Franklin to High Point. He should have asked you.......
^ I don't care who you are, that is funny.

That was a great football game in 2005. Goldsmith severely outcoached the Andrews staff that game. The gameplan was top notch by the panthers and forced Andrews to throw the ball more than they would have liked to. Andrews went on to win and then led Asheville by 2 scores the following week before falling to the eventual state champs by a touchdown. I enjoyed my stay in Franklin and ate at the family/bbq restaurant downtown. It was good. Can't remember the name though None of you actually know what color I am so let's not assume it's a black thing because Monroe has black athletes. I said before the playoffs that Monroe was my pick in the West if they showed up and played to their ability. I simply think they will get it done because I can imagine they'll be bigger and faster than Franklin, which should make it tough on the Panthers.

Between 2002-2005 Franklin had some athletes. I remember two brothers there #26,#36. Boys could play, athletic and THEY WERE WHITE LOL! I get on here for fun man. I could care less how anybody feel about me. It's a forum, stop getting sensitive. 704 get it together man, in fact everybody playing the race card get a freaking clue. I still believe Franklin will get stomped unless the mythical refs that are so friendly at the pit keep it close

Originally posted by GoNtheDistance:
And just caught illuminati playing the race card again this week. You are trash dude, pure trash. I let it slide last week but it's obvious that's your go to when you don't like what people say about your team or football in your area. If you don't believe that Monroe will have more athletes rhan Franklin than you are living under a rock, and it doesn't matter if you are white, black, orange or purple.
You are an idiot. Me pulling the race card? If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I'm not sure what is. You constantly get on here and sneak-diss mountain teams with back-handed compliments. It's obvious what your opinion is on mountain teams - you think they are a bunch of slow white boys from the hills. You're just afraid to say it.

Me, trash? Wow man get a grip. Did my comments hurt your feelings? I am not one to be politically correct. I speak my mind. I am a real of a dude as you'll ever meet.

Let it slide? I could care less what your opinion is. It's obvious they don't hold a grain of salt considering you provide no insight to actual football knowledge. Nope. All your comments insinuate are: "speed, athlete, fast, mountain teams are slow". Thanks for the insight on Monroe. I don't know what the Franklin coaches would do without your intel.

Oh and by the way, I am not from the mountains, nor am I a fan or supporter of any WNC team. I'm not even from North Carolina. Just happened to move to the beautiful state within the last few years. Where I come from football is a different culture and very legit "athletes" reside there. Statesville? They would have circles ran around them. HPA? Lol, I respect your program but they have no business in 2A being a inner-city school in a city that size.

I also saw your comments where you put words in my mouth. Where did I ever say Franklin would have more speed than Monroe? Also please quote and cite where I said Franklin would even win the game. I have yet to make a prediction. Reading comprehension is elementary. I suggest you try to incorporate it in the future before making yourself look foolish.

I apologize to Franklin and Monroe fans. This thread is about you guys since your teams are actually good enough to be playing this week. I will not respond to any of the ignorance again. You have my word. GND will get his last 2 cents in because he will be butt hurt. "I will let it slide". All in good fun. Those that take it that serious need to reevaluate the life they are living.

This post was edited on 11/24 1:23 AM by Illuminati704

Originally posted by Champ_24:
Between 2002-2005 Franklin had some athletes. I remember two brothers there #26,#36. Boys could play, athletic and THEY WERE WHITE LOL! I get on here for fun man. I could care less how anybody feel about me. It's a forum, stop getting sensitive. 704 get it together man, in fact everybody playing the race card get a freaking clue. I still believe Franklin will get stomped unless the mythical refs that are so friendly at the pit keep it close
Those were the Durm brothers. Josh wasn't real big but he could fly and he could hit. Chris was a load and could move pretty well too. They ended up playing against each other in college, one at Lenoir-Rhyne and one at Brevard College.

As far as your prediction, well.
This post was edited on 11/24 6:20 AM by Squirrel Gravy

Ahh......gotta love the 3rd round. Things start getting tense & emotions run a wee bit higher! Let's try to get this thread headed back towards X's & O's. Speed is crucial but not really the decideing factor. In 2011 when we played Burns everone said they would make us dizzy with their speed. Well they were definitely faster than us but, they beat us by a score of 28-14 not because of that speed. They beat us because they controlled the line of scrimmage. imo that is where this game will be won or lost.....up front. So how bout some info on both teams front 7's & Olines?

Illuminati still playing the white vs black card. it's pathetic buddy. I can assure you that if I thought all mountain teams were slow white boys I'd say it but it has no context in my argument. there are many teams throughout the state that have size and speed and a lot of athletes that have a good amount of white kids that fit that description. Charlotte Catcholic, Reagan, West Forsyth, Randleman, etc. not a fan of race in sports but that's just me. We will agree to disagree on it and I'll continue to talk football.

Wow same ole song and dance. franklin is a bunch of world beaters. Just like erwin was last year. Year in, Year out, they grab a high seed and believe they have a chance. Ive heard the story "oh we hit so hard" well you have to catch someone to hit them hard. point blank franklin had another good regular season but it will end again , and not in the ship. Put it on your wall, locker, mirror at home whatever you want. I wish the mountain schools didnt have internet so we didnt have to read this every year.....

So back to the game...

How is Monroe up front? If Franklin is able to control or at least hold their own on the line of scrimmage then the team speed discrepancy will be less of an issue. That will certainly be Franklin's goal. Smash and smash some more.

Docmcstuffmebutthole.....your an idiot. There hasn't been a single Franklin poster claiming to be world beaters. I will say this, Franklin is not Ashe Co. This game will be big step up for Monroe as well.
This post was edited on 11/24 12:56 PM by fhsalum01

Originally posted by fhsalum01:

Docmcstuffmebutthole.....your an idiot. There hasn't been a single Franklin poster claiming to be world beaters. I will say this, Franklin is not Ashe Co. This game will be big step up for Monroe as well.
This post was edited on 11/24 12:56 PM by fhsalum01
AH! Didnt know mountain schools had word recognition.....good for yall. Now count to 10 for me.....

Monroe are Big and Fast, Have two lineman form last year play-off team that are about 6'4" 295Lbs and two new comers, one
is 6'2" 345 and the other one 6'7" 275 and all can run. They played Andrews which had played three 4A teams where Andrews
lineman held there own, but against Monre they look like and played like babies.

Originally posted by HARRYT:
Monroe are Big and Fast, Have two lineman form last year play-off team that are about 6'4" 295Lbs and two new comers, one
is 6'2" 345 and the other one 6'7" 275 and all can run. They played Andrews which had played three 4A teams where Andrews
lineman held there own, but against Monre they look like and played like babies.
These guys o-line or d-line? Both? 6'2" 345 pounds sounds like what Chris Farley would call "a little bit of weight problem."

On this thread all I have seen is blacks vs. whites. Everyone laces their equipment up the same. I was watching film and saw where Mount Pleasant beat Monroe and they were majority white. Any word on that game.

Hey JockMcStuffins- this thread didn't get here from Franklin posters beating their chest. Rather WNC guys laughing at you boys cause you think you know everything.
This post was edited on 11/24 9:14 PM by RadioCheck

Franklin guys in the know, how are #4 and #78 looking? I didn't see whether #78 went back in Friday or not.

Originally posted by DocMcStuffins:
Wow same ole song and dance. franklin is a bunch of world beaters. Just like erwin was last year. Year in, Year out, they grab a high seed and believe they have a chance. Ive heard the story "oh we hit so hard" well you have to catch someone to hit them hard. point blank franklin had another good regular season but it will end again , and not in the ship. Put it on your wall, locker, mirror at home whatever you want. I wish the mountain schools didnt have internet so we didnt have to read this every year.....
Franklin and Erwin are completely different types of teams, so you're either an idiot or you've never actually seen either team play. I'd go with option C, both.

Erwin is a spread team with plenty of athletes to do damage out in open space. Franklin is a power run team that will run it down your throat all night and dare you to stop it.

I was wondering - anyone that happened to drive by the practice fields or is in the know - did Franklin even bother to practice this week or are they just chalking this one up as a loss since Monroe is so dominant and favored and has so many athletes?

I hope their inferior athletes are reading some of these statements and using it for motivation. It's kind of ridiculous to count them out of this game.

Having said that I think Monroe likely wins but it wouldn't surprise me if Franklin pulled it off.This post was edited on 11/25 9:31 AM by Gary29
This post was edited on 11/25 9:32 AM by Gary29

Josh Brooks refuses to practice until he can get CodMcLovins on the phone. Maybe get some advice on how to gameplan.

Maybe even score a scout film from BlowintheDistance. But it would have to be ripped down to VHS for Franklin to use it.

Poor, poor mountain people; always at a disadvantage...........

I have seen over and over about how grown people get on hear and dog things. Bottom line is one team will win and one will lose. I think back to when I was a senior and putting on my uniform for the last time in High School. It was very hard. So put yourself in their shoes and get off the couch and put down the honeybuns and be supportive to these teenagers. Go Panthers!

Monroe is maybe bigger than they were upfront last year on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively, they bring everybody and control the line of scrimmage. They have decent linebackers. Their secondary is suspect, but with the way Franklin plays, that won't matter much. They have playmakers all over the field and usually win the turnover battle.

Offensively, they have several backs with the biggest threat being #11 Chase Byrum. 1911 yards and counting. Their QB #7 Zeph Wall usually makes good decisions in the pass game and can hurt you in the run game.

Based on all the hype that Franklin had last year, and their upset in the 1st rd against a "bad conference" team like Parkwood, I would be leery of saying that Franklin should win. Monroe is talented. While they are not the same team as last year, they are still dangerous against any 2a team. Mt. Pleasant did well to move the ball on them on the ground and played tremendous on the defensive side of the ball to keep the win. I don't think Franklin beats Mt. Pleasant.

As for the PIT, after personally witnessing the officiating last year (or lack there of) I will say this, it's a good thing the officials are brought in from an outside association.

My prediction, Monroe 35 Franklin 14

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT