ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Cherokee (12-1) at #1 Mitchell (12-1)

Who wins?

• Cherokee

Votes: 40 49.4%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 41 50.6%

• Total voters
Mitchell is the best team in the 1A West. They like Murphy are going to be a tough out. To put that many points up on a tough Robbinsville defense is a statement. They also have home field advantage. Of course i’m pulling for Cherokee but I believe in order to win they will have to play their best game this season at all aspects of the game. Good luck to both teams

I know it's a tall order, got faith in our braves like Mitchell folk got for there mountaineers!! I'm already pumped!!! I can't say we're gonna hit unz so hard unz are gonna give up halfway thru tha 2nd quarter this week, it's gonna be a slobber knocker to tha end I believe!!

Go Braves!! Got a tall order ahead of you, but nothing you can’t conquer!!

Cherokee is in a mode, it might not matter who the opponent is...Mitchell, TJ, Union, Rville, they aren't really focusing on who they play, they are more focused on themselves. If they do the things that they are capable of, there isn't a reason to worry. The scoreboard will take care of itself. Not taking anything away from any other program but Cherokee is focused on Cherokee. Nobody else. That's been evident since the beginning. Both teams will be prepared. No shit talking to do. Braves will show up warm up and get on with it. Some of y'all think you gotta play the good guy or bad guy or #1 or #2 seed, at this everyone is good and that's when coaching and effort take over. Nobody is scared of anyone. So let that be known . On Friday, a game will be played with two good teams. Winner moves on.

Last edited:
Good luck to the Braves! I agree with what wildcat said. I think Mitchell is the best 1A team in the west but I think the Braves are up to the task. Congratulations on a great season. I hope you guys go all the way.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Should be exciting game both teams match up well. Mitchell little bigger up front, braves little quicker. Both good teams I think the braves get the win 35 /28

Hahahaha!!! That's funny mountie!! I think if Evans shows up and runs like he has for tha past 2 games that'll be a big difference maker!! What kind dislocated his shoulder and what position does he play!??

Mitchell by 21, robbinsville had a much better defense from what I've seen from cherokee, look for a high scoring game. Mitchell 56 cherokee 35.

I'd say there is gonna be some big hits, gonna sound like a flood!! All them river rocks rollin and bustin into 1 another!!!

MHS don't be calling Ty Mintz Trey Robinson when he takes off....he is a little faster. Lol

I really hope Cherokee wins this game. They have had an incredible season with a great group of kids. This doesn't happen often there. But, I think it may be too tall a task to win at Mitchell. Good luck Braves! Hope ya'll get it done!

Reactions: BravesGWY
Now we'r getting a little trash talk going. Mintz can run wild, but not in this one. Brody Smith ran down Anderson who had a 15 yard head start, and was on the opposite side of the field. Caught him after 35 yards. Cherokees line had better make some holes on offense, and close some holes on defense to win this one. The Braves would fare better taking a ground n pound approach. Getting into a shootout with the Mountaineers could be disastrous.

Reactions: rtigernation
I couldn't think of tha Smith kids name, I knew unz had a couple over there that can burn tha field!!!!

Mitchell has a little bit of everything on offense. A fast 6'1" receiver, a 6'5" receiver, a tailback that is almost impossible to tackle, a halfback that is quick, and a TE/RB hybrid that sees the field better than any high school player I've ever seen personally. Oh, and a 210lb QB that can sling it and can run over the heftiest of linebackers.

That sounds like Cherokee... Qb that can throw it 60 yards flat footed, run wild, #3 Wide reciever in Western North Carolina( Hendersonville has #1 and 2), big strong line, fast shift back in Evans. Should be a dandy of a ball game.

Fighting it was #7 Noah I think his name was

Last edited:
The great thing is that either team that wins this game, has a legit shot to win it. Not so much in the other 1A division.

6’5 receiver heck we don’t grow them but 6ft here gonna be a long night I guess lol

#7 Noah Pitman is who dislocated his shoulder. He is the TE/RB I mentioned. Yep, #5 is 6'5". He is not overly quick, but his height is an advantage.

Cherokee could have had a little taste of Mitchell this already this year but wouldn't reschedule them. Maybe some hard feelings from the results of last year's playoff and regular season games.

Maybe so!! Just remember son, if tha shoe fits wear it!! I hope you don't think were gonna go off last year and come all tha way up there and lay down!!

You are right. Last year is last year. Just a little trash talk to build up the game. Both teams look great. Can't wait for Friday. Should be a dandy.

Tha games done got about all it needs ol buddy!! Unz gave us tha beat down and we're wantin to get a little get back!! We both know either 1 of us has tha potential to win it all and are both more physical then tha east side boys!! And we both wantin that 1st state championship!!

Mitchell has a little bit of everything on offense. A fast 6'1" receiver, a 6'5" receiver, a tailback that is almost impossible to tackle, a halfback that is quick, and a TE/RB hybrid that sees the field better than any high school player I've ever seen personally. Oh, and a 210lb QB that can sling it and can run over the heftiest of linebackers.

Ya think we even need to show up? Braves just might need to send someone up the mountain to Bakersville and wave the white flag!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT