ADVERTISEMENT

1AA East!

Hey West Montgomery fans, can you tell me if the team roster on MaxPreps is complete. 31 players?

Tarboro. West Montgomery is not as strong as they were the last few years.

Tarboro will have two tough games in their second and third rounds should they get there and win them. It's really tough to play at Tarboro, it is a special stadium and it rocks when the home team is playing well.

In my opinion having seen Holmes and Tarboro both play this year I will have to go with Tarboro. With that said I have not seen West Montgomery or Princeton this year I do feel Tarboro has all the right tools in place. While any team can be beat on any given day the Tarboro Vikings are my choice for this years 1AA championship.

In my opinion having seen Holmes and Tarboro both play this year I will have to go with Tarboro. With that said I have not seen West Montgomery or Princeton this year I do feel Tarboro has all the right tools in place. While any team can be beat on any given day the Tarboro Vikings are my choice for this years 1AA championship.
If Holmes and Tarboro meet on Dec 1, it will be a great game. Two very well coached teams. As far as I know, Holmes has not faced a Wing-T like Tarboro this year. Has Tarboro played any teams this year that run the triple option like Holmes?

Reactions: AcesWild2323
I agree it will be a great game. I’m not entirely sure about the second part to your question because I have only been to two games per team. I’m usually in the Greensboro or Wake County areas on Friday nights. From what I understand Tarboro has seen plenty of Georgia Tech style offenses in the past so I’m sure they will adjust accordingly. Will be a great game should they meet!

Reactions: JAHAces
I will take Tarboro coming out of the east.

But I do have a question, can anyone explain how West Mont ended up in the east?

There were enough teams that are further to the west that qualified to send them east.
I was just wondering because I figured they would have at least tried having them west due to location and travel.

Because if they end up going to Endenton that will be a long bus ride.

I was just wondering because I figured they would have at least tried having them west due to location and travel.

Because if they end up going to Endenton that will be a long bus ride.

West Montgomery actually traveled to Plymouth for a regular season game a few years ago which Edenton is about 30 min NE of Plymouth. Nice little ride...lol

In 1A ball there are going to be long trips no matter what unfortunately.
In any class really as the playoffs go longer. Our state is over 600 miles wide. To put that into perspective, it would take 3 hours longer to drive Ocracoke to Murphy than it would take me to drive from my house in Pilot Mountain to Yankee Stadium to see a game.

In any class really as the playoffs go longer. Our state is over 600 miles wide. To put that into perspective, it would take 3 hours longer to drive Ocracoke to Murphy than it would take me to drive from my house in Pilot Mountain to Yankee Stadium to see a game.
Which ferry are you taking at Ocracoke? Lol

Nothing is as bad as 1A though. In the old system you often had eastern teams end up in the western bracket. I know that happened in 2A this year. All your 1A schools are isolated in the deep mountains, northwest, sandhills, or coastal plains which the exception of most of the charters. 2A has a few bad trips but when you get into 3A your looking at having to travel from Catawba to Asheville, Iredell to Forsyth, etc and 4A Mecklinburg to Forsyth, Guilford to Cumberland or Wake. So not as bad. Especially when it's not a winding mountain road.

.... Especially when it's not a winding mountain road.

Not too many of those left. These days the 4-lanes go pretty much everywhere. Robbinsville and maybe some of the northwestern mountain towns are about it. (I think. I haven't been to Rville myself in a long, long time, but all the roads that go that way from 19/74 are two-lane at least for a while.)

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Any thoughts on how Lakewood and East Carteret will match up against each other?

Which ferry are you taking at Ocracoke? Lol
Hatteras, but you get my point. We have a huge state geographically, especially east to west. Or west to east. LOL. I go to Philadelphia regularly, and people always think that's so far away, especially to drive. They look at me kind of crazy when I tell them it takes me about the same amount of time to drive to Ocracoke, still in NC, as it does to drive to Philadelphia. I I live near Winston-Salem, not in the far west of the state at all. But hey, we're just way down there in the dumb ole South.

Reactions: Tarheel0719
Hatteras, but you get my point. We have a huge state geographically, especially east to west. Or west to east. LOL. I go to Philadelphia regularly, and people always think that's so far away, especially to drive. They look at me kind of crazy when I tell them it takes me about the same amount of time to drive to Ocracoke, still in NC, as it does to drive to Philadelphia. I I live near Winston-Salem, not in the far west of the state at all. But hey, we're just way down there in the dumb ole South.
I live close to WS also and love Ocracoke

Any thoughts on how Lakewood and East Carteret will match up against each other?

Lakewood likes to pound you defensively and use their big Dline similar to how Trask did against EC. Lakewood has always been smart at the front seven on defense and EC will have to take advantage of inexperience against the pass for LW. The teams LW plays week in and week out aren't throwing it as much as EC does.

But this should be a knock down drag em out. Back and forth I think low scoring.

Lakewood likes to pound you defensively and use their big Dline similar to how Trask did against EC. Lakewood has always been smart at the front seven on defense and EC will have to take advantage of inexperience against the pass for LW. The teams LW plays week in and week out aren't throwing it as much as EC does.

But this should be a knock down drag em out. Back and forth I think low scoring.
Lakewood by 20

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT