ADVERTISEMENT

1AA Championship Tarboro vs East Surry! REMATCH

East can't come out like they did tonight.. they let Mitchell hang around for way too long and that opening drive by Mitchell was a thing of beauty. They gotta get consistent stops on defense or else it will be rough sledding. Big plays are nice but you got to be consistent to beat Tarboro.

Mitchell hung around because they were just as or almost as good as East Surry. The Cardinals defense will have a hard time stopping Tarboro. The linebackers are small and Mitchell ran on them all night

All the excuses by Mitchell folks are played out. Why don’t all you Mitchell fans stop whining. You did the same last year on a roughing the passer on a pick six that y’all claimed cost you the game. Sounds like some of you Mitchell folks just can’t take a loss. Enjoy basketball and wrestling season. It starts Monday.

Reactions: ESODcards
I think Tarboro pulls out a close game. Won't be a blowout like the last 2. East Surry offense is too good for that. I dont know how there defense looks.

East may not win but they will get way more than 30 yds, are you joking or just that much of an ES hater for beating a Mountain team ?

I said 30 yards rushing strap rider and I stick by it. At least before the starters come out. Tarbor’s run defense will be way better than Mitchell’s. If They couldn’t run on Mitchell against 3 down lineman and a prevent pass coverage defense they will not be able to against Tarboro. Can they hit a few big bombs? Yes maybe, but Tarbors defensive backs will be faster than Mitchell’s. I’m not sore at all, just being realistic.

If I'm a strap rider what are the Mountain posters that pull for any Mountain still in it as say Robbinsville since I have seen several that are not Black Knights pulling for them. Nothing wrong with supporting your conference or other area teams that I see. If Mitchell had won, I would be pulling for them or any west team playing the East !
The difference is nobody from Robbinsville has been on here all summer bragging about how good they are, they have been here before and know how to act.

East may not win but they will get way more than 30 yds, are you joking or just that much of an ES hater for beating a Mountain team ?
I hope you are in attendance next Saturday. All I’ve seen from you in hate against Tarboro. East Surry won’t have 50 yds rushing and won’t score no more than 14 points. As I’ve stated before, Tarboro is just too good of a football team.

I hope you are in attendance next Saturday. All I’ve seen from you in hate against Tarboro. East Surry won’t have 50 yds rushing and won’t score no more than 14 points. As I’ve stated before, Tarboro is just too good of a football team.
Calm down a little sir. East Surry is a great football team & this is coming from a Tarboro fan/former player.

This matchup is one tarboro will win. If Mitchell could go up and down the field at will, tarboro will do the same thing. I do think tarboro will find a way to pressure the qb. With that said, in-spite of some on here go East win it for the west??!

You know Tarboro maybe beat the crap out of East next Saturday and if that's the way it turns out then that's how it will be. But we will come home and the sun hopefully will come up Sunday morning and life will go on. Just like Mitchell the sun came up yesterday life didn't stop because you loss Friday night it was a good game that could have went either way!

Watched some more video of East Surry. Gosnell is definitely a player. I have seen a lot of people commenting on East Surry and their speed and that was their advantage against Mitchell. East May beat Tarboro but it certainly won’t be because of the speed advantage.

This is the matchup everyone wanted. It’s time to either put up or shut up, for both sides!

Reactions: ESODcards
Regardless of what is said by a bunch of old farts on a message board I bet among the players from each program their is nothing but respect. I know the majority of the ES faithful know what Tarboro brings to the party and they are the standard that all other 1AA teams aspire to be. No hate, or silly talk, just respect. Tarboro is the REAL deal. Hope we have a state championship game for the ages. One of those instant classic type games. Good luck to all the young men and coaches from each program.

Calm down a little sir. East Surry is a great football team & this is coming from a Tarboro fan/former player.
Little sir, I played and also went to Tarboro. I’m telling you, this East Surry team won’t stand a chance. They will not be able to run the ball against Tarboro like I said before and if you think otherwise then, all I can say is check the stats.

Serious question though, with all the D1 talent that East Surry has and the powerhouse that Tarboro is, who has the upper hand going into Saturday’s game?

TARBORO! PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Tarboro has waaaaay more depth. Everyone can talk about ES big three or four athletes....But Tarboro will have far more speed. depth, and overall talent spread throughout their entire roster than ES.

Massey Ratings is predicting a 21 point Tarboro victory..also says Tarboro has a 89% chance of winning

CalPreps has it a 9 point game. I personally think it’s gonna be a close game. To overlook East Surry and think it’s gonna be a cakewalk would be a grave mistake.
Thats the same thing I'm trying to tell folks. This isn't the same East Surry team as last year. Totally different squad. It'll be a close one that i feel like Tarboro will pull out. Especially if the weather is bad.

Reactions: TarVikes
I keep hearing this isn’t the ES from last year but is this tarboro from last year. Excuse my ignorance, I’ve seen the scores, read the posts, but I’ve not seen them play. Didn’t see them play last year. Everyone says this ES team is better than last year. Wouldn’t know that either since Mitchell was in 1a. But how does this Tarboro team compare to last year. According to most there’s never much of a drop off. But just curious, would this years tarboro team beat last yrs?

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I keep hearing this isn’t the ES from last year but is this tarboro from last year. Excuse my ignorance, I’ve seen the scores, read the posts, but I’ve not seen them play. Didn’t see them play last year. Everyone says this ES team is better than last year. Wouldn’t know that either since Mitchell was in 1a. But how does this Tarboro team compare to last year. According to most there’s never much of a drop off. But just curious, would this years tarboro team beat last yrs?
At the beginning of the year I would’ve said last year’s team was better. But now I’m not so sure.

Reactions: WHChoops
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT