ADVERTISEMENT

1AA Championship Tarboro vs East Surry! REMATCH

Tough rd to hoe. But East is good.i don’t see a 40 pt beat down like last year. Hope they are fully healthy. It was a tough fought game tonight.
I agree. I think it'll be close. Tarboro will have to limit the big plays. Rains in the forecast so lets see how that goes.

Big play killed Mitchell. Hard to limit big plays with East’s talent. East has to stop the ground. They really done a great job with Mitchell but tarboro is a different beast. East could possibly score with them.

East can't come out like they did tonight.. they let Mitchell hang around for way too long and that opening drive by Mitchell was a thing of beauty. They gotta get consistent stops on defense or else it will be rough sledding. Big plays are nice but you got to be consistent to beat Tarboro.

Reactions: WHChoops
East can't come out like they did tonight.. they let Mitchell hang around for way too long and that opening drive by Mitchell was a thing of beauty. They gotta get consistent stops on defense or else it will be rough sledding. Big plays are nice but you got to be consistent to beat Tarboro.
For sure. 7 min drive to watch east score in 1. That’s really were East is so dangerous. They can score from their 5 in 1 play. They were fun to watch even though I hoped every play for a pick or a fumble. They’ll have to get a couple of stops but they’re capable of doing it.

As a Greensboro Page Pirate I can honestly say from what I saw last Friday night and tonight Tarboro May be one of the best teams I’ve ever seen in High school especially to be playing in the 1AA. The East Surry Vs Tarboro matchup will definitely be a great game but I’m not voting against Tarboro at all especially what I have seen them do last two game wow wow wow

For sure. 7 min drive to watch east score in 1. That’s really were East is so dangerous. They can score from their 5 in 1 play. They were fun to watch even though I hoped every play for a pick or a fumble. They’ll have to get a couple of stops but they’re capable of doing it.

To be honest I thought Mitchell played a near perfect game tonight.. the big plays were gonna get them but they ball controlled it all very well minus a drive or two and just had a goofy final drive. They wasted a lot of time and didn't make use of what they had. That shoulda been coached better but it is what is. That 3rd down where that kid was ruled out of bounds looked kinda iffy on the local station.. but East had a smart pick to end it.

Tarboro will look at the film and make sure to adjust to what Mitchell did. East needs to prep their D for a physical war like Rocky vs Drago lol.

Tarboro has given up a total of 41 points in 14 games. I feel East will need to score at least that much on them in one game to win. Defense wins championships so I am giving Tarboro the edge. I do feel like it will be a closer game than last year. I predict 42-28 Tarboro. Yes the most points in one game Tarboro will allow all season but not enough for East to win.

ES can't stop run want be close.
East managed to slow down the run at one point in the game but Mitchell was able to throw the ball just enough to keep East honest and keep the running game open. Tarboro will have much more speed but not near the passing threat East will be able to put 11 in the box and go all out for the run. Mitchell was every bit as physical as Tarboro on the line just don’t have the athletes that Tarboro does on defense. That may be the difference.

Reactions: WHChoops
I think just about every team we’ve played has put 11 in the box. But hey!! According to yalls coach in the pregame last year, y’all know exactly how to attack our defense. Maybe this year it’ll be a different result

your ignorant, mitchell is a top notch program with great players. East had better talent and adjusted to a great gameplan. They may not beat tarboro but it will be a game, if tarboro underestimates East they will lose.

I think just about every team we’ve played has put 11 in the box. But hey!! According to yalls coach in the pregame last year, y’all know exactly how to attack our defense. Maybe this year it’ll be a different result
From what I’ve seen on Tarboro there is no point in running the football against them at all it is a wasted down. The only way to attack the tarboro defense is through the air and we will see how well that works on Saturday.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Deservingly so.
East managed to slow down the run at one point in the game but Mitchell was able to throw the ball just enough to keep East honest and keep the running game open. Tarboro will have much more speed but not near the passing threat East will be able to put 11 in the box and go all out for the run. Mitchell was every bit as physical as Tarboro on the line just don’t have the athletes that Tarboro does on defense. That may be the difference.
Own up. You said I’d be gone and I’m here. East was all you said but you can’t deny Mitchell was what we said they’d be.

From what I’ve seen on Tarboro there is no point in running the football against them at all it is a wasted down. The only way to attack the tarboro defense is through the air and we will see how well that works on Saturday.
Bro I agree 100%

Mitchell beat you guys up front all night. Tarboro will win big.

East offensive line dominated Mitchell up front all night. I don't know if they came close to Boaz all night. Give Boaz that much time with his receivers is not a good thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: ItsATrap
Defense has always been Tarboro’s signature. Every season, people marvel and mock Tarboro running an ancient offense. Everyone sees the huge scores and just assumes Tarboro is a juggernaut. The last two championship games have been signature Tarboro. Up 14-10 last season against East Surry. Up 12-0 the previous year against Mount Airy. That offense works best in the third and fourth quarters when the opposing defense is dead tired and running on instinct. If the Viking defense doesn’t contain good opponents in the first half, there’s no second half grind it out.

Interesting matchup for sure. One that most have been expecting. Mitchell tried to crash the party but came up just short. Congrats again to ES. Having said that, can ES slow the T from Tarboro? Can Tarboro contain Boaz, Gosnell, Gosnell and the many other weapons?
As Rick has said many times... To Be The Man, You Have To Beat The Man......Wooooo. So I will stick with the champs until someone an dethrone them.
Tarboro 42
East Surry 28

But then again, what do I know....l

Go Mountaineers

That post was Johnny on the spot howerin, hell of a game last night in pilot mtn. That was the best coached game and game plan by a coach and staff I’ve seen in years, hats off th Mitchell’s coaching staff, but a big pat on the back to the qb for his clock management on the snap. But that East Surry passing game is a thing of beauty. It ain’t the athlete on athlete against Tarboro next week that will hurt the cards, I firmly believe that they match Tarboro in that department, this is the best offense to come out of our area in years, defense is very sketchy. But that offense is REAL GOOD. Boaz plays on Sunday, I’ve said it all year. The difference in this game will be on the lines. The cards where sucking wind last night in the 4th, they were out of gas. Line play will be the difference. East can’t stop the run, they hang around for a half, make it interesting then in the second Tarboro starts getting at Boaz in which like he hadn’t seen all year and the mistakes come, game will flow like last year. I don’t think the vikes get enough credit for how physical they are. Yes they are athletic but they are a VERY PHYSICAL football team. But with all that said I will be at Wallace Wade pulling for our nw1a counterparts with all I got. Go cards , it truly is a battle but that’s why they line them up and play the game. Anything can happen

Well looking a Tarboro stats they pass quite a bit less then Mitchell so ES got to obviously as been said figure out how they can stop the run better. I believe if the ES QB has time he can throw on anyone, last night there were a couple TD passes were the Mitchell db was right with the receiver but the pass was so on the spot you can't cover a pass that accurate, so Tarboro will have to put pressure on him which Mitchell didn't if their line doesn't get to him any better then Mitchell then they'll need chance some blitzes cause if you just try to cover and he has time he'll eat you up anyway. One thing though I'm afraid might really hurt ES is that with the 60 players they have from what I've been told Tarboro doesn't play anyone both ways and that just wears on a team who's starters have to play both ways.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
That post was Johnny on the spot howerin, hell of a game last night in pilot mtn. That was the best coached game and game plan by a coach and staff I’ve seen in years, hats off th Mitchell’s coaching staff, but a big pat on the back to the qb for his clock management on the snap. But that East Surry passing game is a thing of beauty. It ain’t the athlete on athlete against Tarboro next week that will hurt the cards, I firmly believe that they match Tarboro in that department, this is the best offense to come out of our area in years, defense is very sketchy. But that offense is REAL GOOD. Boaz plays on Sunday, I’ve said it all year. The difference in this game will be on the lines. The cards where sucking wind last night in the 4th, they were out of gas. Line play will be the difference. East can’t stop the run, they hang around for a half, make it interesting then in the second Tarboro starts getting at Boaz in which like he hadn’t seen all year and the mistakes come, game will flow like last year. I don’t think the vikes get enough credit for how physical they are. Yes they are athletic but they are a VERY PHYSICAL football team. But with all that said I will be at Wallace Wade pulling for our nw1a counterparts with all I got. Go cards , it truly is a battle but that’s why they line them up and play the game. Anything can happen
This board needs more posts from you, seriously. Your area needs better representation.

Reactions: gdawg74
Well looking a Tarboro stats they pass quite a bit less then Mitchell so ES got to obviously as been said figure out how they can stop the run better. I believe if the ES QB has time he can throw on anyone, last night there were a couple TD passes were the Mitchell db was right with the receiver but the pass was so on the spot you can't cover a pass that accurate, so Tarboro will have to put pressure on him which Mitchell didn't if their line doesn't get to him any better then Mitchell then they'll need chance some blitzes cause if you just try to cover and he has time he'll eat you up anyway. One thing though I'm afraid might really hurt ES is that with the 60 players they have from what I've been told Tarboro doesn't play anyone both ways and that just wears on a team who's starters have to play both ways.
Every year is different, but last year the Vikings got to him. Last year’s defensive front was a special group. This years team isn’t quite as big up front, but they always arrive with bad intentions. Coach Lowman has had another year to scout Tarboro so I am sure he will have plenty of ideas for next Saturday.

Last edited:
I just have to say, Us fans in tarboro have been really blessed and spoiled. Since 2008(12 seasons) this will be our 8th title game appearance
Same goes for Reidsville fans....since 2002 this will be Reidsville's 10th appearance in a state title game....Not sure our respective fans understand how special that really is.......a lot of schools NEVER get even close to being in a title game............good luck to Tarboro and East Surry....should be a good one..........................

I just have to say, Us fans in tarboro have been really blessed and spoiled. Since 2008(12 seasons) this will be our 8th title game appearance
Hey! Don’t exclude us old school Vikings. We won 3A in ‘84 and lost 2A in ‘99. That’s 10 total, but the last 12 years has truly been our best era.

Reactions: t-townvikings
Tarboro is the favorite, make no bones about it. ES is better than last year, especially on offense. East will have to make some plays on defense and get a few explosive plays. Tarboro should win but I do think it’ll be much closer than last year.

Tarboro is the favorite, make no bones about it. ES is better than last year, especially on offense. East will have to make some plays on defense and get a few explosive plays. Tarboro should win but I do think it’ll be much closer than last year.
Have announced time of game yet?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT