ADVERTISEMENT

1A Predictions

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
NOTE: These predictions were made by the conference coaches last spring heading into the Fall of the 2020 season but due to Covid the season was moved to Spring 2021. There maybe some changes with players early enrolling in college. I still wanted to post these just to get some conversation going on here. Thanks for being on the site!! Me and Chris appreciate all of you!!

POST ANY THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS!!!

ALBEMARLE 1A

1. Holmes
2. Washington County
3. Manteo
4. Perquimans
5. Gates County
6. Camden

ATLANTIC 5 1A
1. Bear Grass Charter

CAROLINA 1A
1. Princeton
2. Lakewood
3. North Duplin
4. Rosewood
5. Hobbton
6. Union

COASTAL PLAINS 1A
1. Tarboro
2. Pamlico
3. Riverside-Martin
4. Northside-Pinetown
5. South Creek
6. Southside

NORTHWEST 1A
1. East Surry
2. Mount Airy
3. Winston-Salem Prep
4. South Stokes
5. North Stokes
6. Bishop McGuinness

SMOKY MOUNTAIN 1A
1. Robbinsville
2. Murphy
3. Swain County
4. Hayesville
5. Andrews
6. Cherokee
7. Rosman

SOUTHERN PIEDMONT 1A
1. Thomas Jefferson
2. Mountain Island Charter
3. Bessemer City
4. Union Academy
5. Community School of Davidson
6. Pine Lake Prep
7. Cherryville
8. Highland Tech
9. Christ the King

TAR ROANOKE 1A
1. Northampton County
2. North Edgecombe
3. Kipp Pride
4. Weldon
5. Southeast Halifax
6. Northwest Halifax
7. Rocky Mount Prep

YADKIN VALLEY 1A
1. North Rowan
2. North Stanly
3. Albemarle
4. South Stanly
5. North Moore
6. South Davidson
7. Chatham Central

COASTAL 1A/2A
1. Southwest Onslow
2. Richlands
3. East Carteret
4. Pender
5. Croatan
6. Dixon
7. Trask
8. Lejeune

MOUNTAIN VALLEY 1A/2A
1. Ashe County
2. Elkin
3. Starmount
4. Wilkes Central
5. East Wilkes
6. Alleghany
7. North Wilkes
8. West Wilkes

NORTHERN CAROLINA 1A/2A
1. South Granville
2. Granville Central
3. Bunn
4. Roanoke Rapids
5. Warren County
6. Webb, J.F.
7. Louisburg

THREE RIVERS (1A/2A)
1. Whiteville
2. St. Pauls
3. East Bladen
4. South Columbus
5. Red Springs
6. Fairmont
7. West Columbus
8. West Bladen
9. East Columbus

WESTERN HIGHLANDS 1A/2A
1. Mountain Heritage
2. Owen, C.D
3. Mitchell
4. Polk County
5. Avery County
6. Madison

I don't wanna jinx the Knights but where this team is at now compared to last year is amazing..and that's not my opinion. It's the coaches..Does it lead to victories? Maybe, maybe not

Reactions: BK13T-$
Knights will have their hands full with Erwin..they are ranked 2nd in the 3A rankings out of a 9 team conference

That's what I was thinking months ago.
Bottom line is if Erwin cant stop our run game we will win.

Reactions: PBBear51
You'll beat Erwin, not the Erwin of 5-10 years ago. Only game Robbinsville has any chance of losing is Murphy game

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Preseason polls are useless but I did find a bit of interesting information Knights fans may enjoy to look at..

The last 3 Knights teams to make it to the state championship were ranked accordingly at the end of the season by Maxpreps.
2014 - ranked 79th in the state (1A-4A)
2015- ranked 129th in the state(1A-4A)
2019- ranked 55th in the state(1A-4A)
2021 (2020)preseason ranked 41st (1A-4A)
Do I agree? No...but does show what they are capable of I guess

Last edited:
That's maxpreps right?
Yeah they have us a little high.
I would have us around 60th to 80th.
That preseason ranking is for the 2020 season.

Yes I know.
You wrote 2021 in your other post.
It's confusing I know.

MVAC's close to what I figure but I'd flip West Wilkes with North Wilkes.. West had a pretty decent little JV team last year and NW barely had one in 2018. #'s will be key for all those teams this year. Starmount will be the X factor. Wilkes Central's #'s issue may be key they didn't have enough kids to do Men's Soccer which is bad there.

Northwest is dead on but 3-6 is so hard to figure given how Forsyth's been. Prep could very well be down or they could be really good. Bishop will be better; so will South.

And if we can't stop their passing attack we may tie..lol
This is the 2020 season we are fixing to play .Same players

Y'all will handle Erwin well.
(Reality Check)... It's been almost a year and a half since there's been a kickoff in our great state. It's been really hard to grasp that for me.

This may be the year heritage loses the whc title. Owen may take the title.

A year away is gonna be bad for all us small schools
There really aren't that many schools moving down from 2A and even fewer that will change things much, obviously Mountain Heritage will be a strong addition to the west and Eastern Randolph too as long as Cates is there... BUT it's more so that now everyone will have to go through Tarboro every season to win a title, that's the real elephant in the room.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
YADKIN VALLEY 1A

1. North Rowan
2T. Albemarle
2T. North Stanly
2T. South Stanly
5T. Chatham Central
5T. North Moore
5T. South Davidson

There really aren't that many schools moving down from 2A and even fewer that will change things much, obviously Mountain Heritage will be a strong addition to the west and Eastern Randolph too as long as Cates is there... BUT it's more so that now everyone will have to go through Tarboro every season to win a title, that's the real elephant in the room.
Not predicting Thomasville to go back to winning state championships like last time they were in 1A. But they’ve been 8-4 the last couple years in a conference with North Davidson, Salisbury, Ledford, Oak Grove. They should be competitive in 1A.

This may be the year heritage loses the whc title. Owen may take the title.
Dude, what are you smoking? Everybody knows that Heritage is top dog in the conference. As long as Mr. Robinson is there it's going to be the same old song and dance!

Not predicting Thomasville to go back to winning state championships like last time they were in 1A. But they’ve been 8-4 the last couple years in a conference with North Davidson, Salisbury, Ledford, Oak Grove. They should be competitive in 1A.

I'd say they'll be in the thick of things. Will be good to see.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Dude, what are you smoking? Everybody knows that Heritage is top dog in the conference. As long as Mr. Robinson is there it's going to be the same old song and dance!
Idk. We will see. Mr Robinson lives in spruce pine. Y’all didn’t know how to number a defense till he was hired lol. He’s a great coach. Travis pitman is a great one too.

Reactions: UNC91 and BK13T-$
Idk. We will see. Mr Robinson lives in spruce pine. Y’all didn’t know how to number a defense till he was hired lol. He’s a great coach. Travis pitman is a great one too.
Do you realize Cougars have won 22 straight conference games? Here is the question when will they finally lose?

Any thoughts on the Varsity team this year? We play them at their place, week two.
Just hearing they should be ok. But I hear that when they finish 1st or 2nd in the conference. They had a scrimmage today but no spectators allowed. 1st of 7 season games this Friday and hoping it will be on the radio, it has always been as long as I can remember.

Our games are online. Surely you can find it online. I would think.

Do you realize Cougars have won 22 straight conference games? Here is the question when will they finally lose?
This year. They’re going to lose this year. I think Owen will beat them and Polk has a chance

This year. They’re going to lose this year. I think Owen will beat them and Polk has a chance
I bet you are praying for Heritage to get beat, since Travis' boys can't get the job done. Owen does have a shot at beating Heritage, but don't invest your life savings on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT