1A & 2A Girl's Bracket From The Wilkes-Patriot Journal Sports

FridayNiteLights1217

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007

From The Wilkes-Patriot Journal

Click on image to enlarge and again to reduce. Slider on right and bottom

DW-0vkjUQAULvbN.jpg:large

Last edited:
If Ledford and Wilkes Central make it to the West final, I wonder if it would be the first time ever that both schools won all of their games on the road.

I also wonder just how good Cape Hatteras is. I'm surprised they beat Roxboro.

I think if Ledford plays Wilkes Central, Ledford wins that game. Wilkes Central was able to keep Brooke Anders from scoring a lot of points, but I doubt they will be able to do the same with Thorne.

I think if Ledford plays Wilkes Central, Ledford wins that game. Wilkes Central was able to keep Brooke Anders from scoring a lot of points, but I doubt they will be able to do the same with Thorne.
How good is that big girl for Wilkes Central? She comparable to Plummer?

How good is that big girl for Wilkes Central? She comparable to Plummer?

She is going to be a very good player by the time she is a senior. Wilkes Central's offense revolves around her where as with East they had Bayley Plummer, Madison Hallman, and Brooke Anders. I think Bayley Plummer is a better all around player though. I was kind of disappointed when East lost but they had a great season at 25-4. East will be losing almost 30 points a game due to graduation but we have some good players returning.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Mountain Heritage will be a tough team for W Central to beat. However, W Central is on a roll. This may be the year Mtn Heritage finally breaks the slump and gets to the state finals.
Ledford advancing this far doesn't surprise me. I thought at the beginning of the year they would be a state contender. Thorne is very tough to stop, but what I think helps Ledford, versus some of the other teams with star players, is the fact that the other 4 starters are all solid players. The other four play good defense and are fairly good shooters.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Mountain Heritage will be a tough team for W Central to beat. However, W Central is on a roll. This may be the year Mtn Heritage finally breaks the slump and gets to the state finals.
Ledford advancing this far doesn't surprise me. I thought at the beginning of the year they would be a state contender. Thorne is very tough to stop, but what I think helps Ledford, versus some of the other teams with star players, is the fact that the other 4 starters are all solid players. The other four play good defense and are fairly good shooters.

Absolutely. I loved watching Mccall Denny and Ashley Anthony play. Denny and Madeline Hardy (Rockingham County star) have very similar games. Matter of fact, Denny is a like a less physical/more graceful version of Hardy.

She is going to be a very good player by the time she is a senior. Wilkes Central's offense revolves around her where as with East they had Bayley Plummer, Madison Hallman, and Brooke Anders. I think Bayley Plummer is a better all around player though. I was kind of disappointed when East lost but they had a great season at 25-4. East will be losing almost 30 points a game due to graduation but we have some good players returning.

I'll miss watching Anders. She could really shoot that basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT