Ian Gallimore
Tyler Mason
Landon Cox
Deric Dandy
GO
🐻

Last edited:
Reactions: skinsfan842
Loden Bradshaw QB from Hobbton should of atleast been mentioned on 3rd team. 3,004 yards passing 40 TDs. Tied a NCHSAA record for Passing TDs in a game and posted a perfect 23-23 game. I know this is only one sites all state team but a bit of a snub there I think.

TD, maybe I’ve just been living under a rock, but I’ve never heard of Friday Nights in Carolina. Is that a Twitter account? If so, who makes these selections? I’m appreciative that they’ve recognized several Thomasville players. Just not familiar with this service.
Yes, it has been posted by, as I counted 4 Twitter accounts or more yesterday. I have heard of it on Twitter for several years along with Barstool high schools and colleges and I think pro by Barstool. But I saw it on Twitter at least 4 times yesterday.

Last edited:
Yes, it has been posted by, as I counted 4 Twitter accounts or more yesterday. I have heard of it on Twitter for several years along with Barstool high schools and colleges and I think pro by Barstool. But I saw it on Twitter at least 4 times yesterday.
Thanks. I stay away from all social media, so never heard of these folks. NCPreps is as close as I want to be to the Facebook mafia and their cousins on other platforms.

Tarboro RBs are always going to be at a disadvantage for awards like this because their carries are so evenly split.

If the top RBs for Tarboro got 200+ carries they would easily go over 2000 yards every year
Yeah true. I think the last time we had a running back go for over 2,000 was Todd in 2011 right? I can't remember if Quinten did in 2012 or not.

Most of those picks are laughable.
2 things:
1. Why don't you try to put together a list of All-State players for every classification tiered into 1st, 2nd, and 3rd teams and post on here so we can see how laughable your picks are?
2. When you make a comment like that you may think you are putting down the adults that created this list but really you are putting down the kids who made this list.

Reactions: btango
Most people that vote on this stuff never watch the games
It seems like most of these complaints are coming from the same part of the state but just so you know the Friday Nights in Carolina group is literally spread out all over the state (and SC too) every Friday night covering games. They talk to coaches, players and do a great job shooting video during pre-game, contest, and post-game. They do use social media as their main platform so if you aren't into that you may not be familiar with them but I can tell you they are out there and they work hard at what they do.

Coming from someone that has done this kind of thing for 25+ years, it’s really tough. The “hate or disrespect” that you get is crazy. I stopped doing the individual class all-state teams because of this very stuff.

I have had kids take it so personal that they refuse to talk to me when I’m trying to write a recruiting story on them for Rivals.

You can't please everyone! I think it's great that different people out this stuff out. It gets a lot of kids recognized. Most people couldn't tell you any names of kids that don't okay in their conference. There's always going to be kids left off that other people think should be on there. I've always thought it would be really cool to see football have an all conference game between different conferences. I know that's unrealistic but it would be alot of fun to see! Congrats to all these athletes!

Just a recommendation: have two head coaches from each conference to help select or reference the all conference teams from each conference. Some head coaches use social media several times a day. And other head coaches very rarely use it! If this organization is social media driven then those coaches who are not active every day don’t get the PR!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT