ADVERTISEMENT

11-1 Swain at 11-1 Robbinsville

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a touchback on a kickoff last night, so watch out! We also opened the game with 4 onside kicks. No idea why we did that to start the game unless we just had a ton of faith in knowing we were the better team. Bessemer City did throw it a lot so gave our secondary a little work and we had some good coverages. That'll help the 2-3 times Robbinsville throws it. That 1000yd passer is up to 1040yds on the year now I'd imagine.

Another smash mouth game for sure. Will they be any offense production from either team or will it be another defensive battle with 2 pic 6’s.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Wish it was at Swain, not for home field advantage so much as for the MaroonDevil Network to broadcast it. I’m in Florida and MDN works great every time. I watched GrahamStar sports last game and the quality is not great. LOT of pixeling and freezing up.
Oh well. Better than nothing.I’ll watch it however I can. Gonna be a great game! Good luck to both teams! (Swain mostly of course! Lol)

If swain throws the ball more than 5 times or on any 4th and shorts then i like our chances. We held our own up front against them and that was my main concern going into that game. Not saying we are better up front, just that its closer than i thought going in to the first game. It will be a fight thats for certain.

This is pretty much a toss up in my mind. I mean the regular season game was essentially decided by a pick 6 returned 100 yards because it was in their own endzone. It doesn't get much more even than that.

Reactions: RealStihl
Seems pretty tough historically for an SMC mirror match to go the same as it did the first time around. Maybe some of our SMC historians can pull up the facts, but unless one team is just that much better than the other it tends to go the opposite way a lot of times…

That said this will be the game of the week imo, no clue who pulls it out but heads will crack and snot will be flowing come Friday night.

Wish it was at Swain, not for home field advantage so much as for the MaroonDevil Network to broadcast it. I’m in Florida and MDN works great every time. I watched GrahamStar sports last game and the quality is not great. LOT of pixeling and freezing up.
Oh well. Better than nothing.I’ll watch it however I can. Gonna be a great game! Good luck to both teams! (Swain mostly of course! Lol)
95.9fm and graham star

Yes, I would say that this will certainly be the game of the week in 1A, if not in all of NCHSSA playoffs.
My guess about the winner is this:

A. it is hard to beat your best competitor twice in the same season.

B. However, I think it will come down to the coaching and play calling, assuming no injury or injuries raises its ugly head.

C. I hope the officiating is equally bad for both teams, if you get the same crew that was at Mt Airy last Friday night. They just would not call a hold all night long. Talk about needing glasses or a backbone.

Good luck to both teams but go Swain.

Never understood why Rville doesn't want to play in the rain, they seem to shift schedules around more than anyone in the conference due to weather. Play in the rain.
No doubt it's the speed they keep over there year in and year out..Murphy does it also sometimes

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Never understood why Rville doesn't want to play in the rain, they seem to shift schedules around more than anyone in the conference due to weather. Play in the rain.
This is not true
Murphy is by far .

I can't think of more than 3 times in a decade that Rville has done this.

I think this year is because 8 straight games at home is bad enough on the field even without rain.

This is not true
Murphy is by far .

I can't think of more than 3 times in a decade that Rville has done this.

I think this year is because 8 straight games at home is bad enough on the field even without rain.
Last Week, Verses Swain 2019. That's without any research off the top of my head. I feel like Swain and Rville were suppose to play at Rville one year and ended up playing at Swain. Is it field drainage issues or something? Genuinely asking.

Game will be played Friday and MDN can film but won’t be able to play it until the season is over. I’m pretty sure it’s for Nchsaa guidelines

Don't both teams need to agree to change
Under NCHSAA combined rules and regulations...
20. Starting Time
........"Schools may play earlier than the playoff date designated on the bracket by mutual agreement, and Saturday playoff games may be played earlier
than those times listed here by mutual agreement."

I have looked at the Weather forecast for my part of the State and it indicates 56% chance of steady rain. What does it say the far west of the State?
2nd question is: is there not a deadline for moving the play date and time?

Swain will win hands down if the field is slippery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT