ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Mitchell at Lake Norman (4A)

Lake Norman was well coached, executed well, had fewer mistakes, and were able to run their offensive scheme better. Mitchell made some uncharacteristic mistakes (3 fumbles, credit LKN defense), and had many chances to win this game. I'd say overall, the 2 were about evenly matched, with the home field advantage shining on the Wildcats. It was good that Mitchell good to see the triple option, it's not something we usually have to prepare for (if we had time to prepare). Actually, I cant think of any 1a team that runs it. Overall, good learning experience for the Mountaineers. I doubt they would see a better team until the western final.

Lake Norman was well coached, executed well, had fewer mistakes, and were able to run their offensive scheme better. Mitchell made some uncharacteristic mistakes (3 fumbles, credit LKN defense), and had many chances to win this game. I'd say overall, the 2 were about evenly matched, with the home field advantage shining on the Wildcats. It was good that Mitchell good to see the triple option, it's not something we usually have to prepare for (if we had time to prepare). Actually, I cant think of any 1a team that runs it. Overall, good learning experience for the Mountaineers. I doubt they would see a better team until the western final.
Triple option is hard to prepare for when you don't see and especially hard when can't prepare. If I were to critique it would be more offensively it reminded of Mtn Heritage games were Mitchell has been bad to play their game grind it out take time off the clock instead of it's own game which is manly the run but also mixing it up with the pass until last year when they finally did. It may not have made any difference but I believe they should have opened it up a little more not necessarily anything long but short passes. But that said going to a 4A school in a 24hr noticed they played very well and showed they have a good team.

Triple option is hard to prepare for when you don't see and especially hard when can't prepare. If I were to critique it would be more offensively it reminded of Mtn Heritage games were Mitchell has been bad to play their game grind it out take time off the clock instead of it's own game which is manly the run but also mixing it up with the pass until last year when they finally did. It may not have made any difference but I believe they should have opened it up a little more not necessarily anything long but short passes. But that said going to a 4A school in a 24hr noticed they played very well and showed they have a good team.
Agreed on throwing the ball. We gotta take some pressure off ty

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Agreed on throwing the ball. We gotta take some pressure off ty
I would've like to seen the passing also, but I believe our receivers were a little outmatched last night. Lake Norman's defense played tight coverage all night, and they definitely had the team speed advantage. I know they ran Ty to death, but no one else seemed to be able to settle in any sort of rythm. Carter wasn't able to run as good as he normally does. Again, I'm not complaining, I said yesterday, I expected LKN to come up with the W, but they would know who they played. The Mountaineers showed no fear, and represented 1a, the WHC, and our community as good as anyone last night. This game will help us next week at Watauga, later at Mountain Heritage, and deep in the playoffs.

Guys if u all will keep my mother in law and my family in ur prayers. She is getting ready to go meet our Lord and Savior, she has been so sick for so long and she just can't fight it no more. I do believe she will meet our lord face to face some time later on today. Thank you all and God Bless you and your families and this great country we live in.

I would've like to seen the passing also, but I believe our receivers were a little outmatched last night. Lake Norman's defense played tight coverage all night, and they definitely had the team speed advantage. I know they ran Ty to death, but no one else seemed to be able to settle in any sort of rythm. Carter wasn't able to run as good as he normally does. Again, I'm not complaining, I said yesterday, I expected LKN to come up with the W, but they would know who they played. The Mountaineers showed no fear, and represented 1a, the WHC, and our community as good as anyone last night. This game will help us next week at Watauga, later at Mountain Heritage, and deep in the playoffs.
For Carter to run to full potential they have to rest him on defense and special teams

Well said you always know when and what to say, growing pains more or less my kid talked all morning about things he could've done differently juke left instead of right, I'd say they are all doing the same coaches included we will come out stronger from it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT